Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 27.5 rims; ARC 30 (27) or TRS+ 30
  • BearBack
    Free Member

Going to re -rim some NOS Spline one wheels as they are only 22.5 inner.
    Would normally jump straight to XM481 or EX471 but I dont have any 28h on hand.
    CRC have the RF ARC 30 (27mm – 2019) and E13 TRS+ (30mm – 2018) rims at bargain basement pricing and either could be built with the existing spokes.

Not up on either brands rims beyond wheel set reviews which tend toward hub reviews so looking for any real world experiences

27.5, 150mm bike for grom sized park rat use with 2.4 rubber
    TIA

submarined
    Free Member

10st ARC30 user here. Light, stiff, but very soft. Have put some significant dings on the sidewalls that have caused quite big issues with seating tyres. Wouldn’t recommend tbh.

chakaping
    Free Member

I have the E13 TRS (not plus 30mm) rims and they are surperb.

Very tough for the weight and have a nice feel.

I did buy some of those TRS+ rims from CRC to build a trail wheelset, but then sent them back ‘cos it was going to cost too much to get 28h hubs.

Easy choice over the ARC rims I’d say, everyone I know who’s had them says they’re a bit fragile and denty.

riklegge

Another fragile and denty arc user here.

I’ve not used e13 so can’t comment on them, but ex471 have been fantastic.

scruff
    Free Member

I destroyed my ARC 27, my current DT wheels are superb so I’d find the correct DT rim and pay more.

cp

Same re dings in arc rims here. They ding at the sight of a pebble, let alone riding over a rock!

honourablegeorge

Have found E13 rims to be very tough

chakaping
    Free Member

To be fair I actually had some ARC 35 rims with 2.8in tyres and they were great for that application – light and quick accelerating with loads of cush in the tyre to protect them as I rode moderate trails.

BearBack
    Free Member

TRS+ ordered. Thanks.

BearBack
    Free Member

Rims arrived, Bags labeled 28h as ordered…. rims are 32h.
    Nice work CRC :/

windysurfer
    Free Member

\\ nip to garage to count hole in mine\\

I ordered some without noticing they were 28 hole so was going to send them back as I really want 32 hole.

windysurfer
    Free Member

bugger mine are 28h.

If you fancy a swap drop me a PM.

Just about to go out for a ride so maybe tomorrow before I reply.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘27.5 rims; ARC 30 (27) or TRS+ 30’ is closed to new replies.