Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 27.5 full sus recomendations
  • rc300
    Free Member

I am looking at replacing my beloved fully rigid Pace RC300 and rigid 2017 Marin Pine Mountain one with a full sus bike.
    I bought the Marin purely because the colours took my right back to 1991 again, but I’m craving some comfort these days. I just nip out for 1/2 hr rides locally, used the pine mountain and my wrists were aching like crazy last week.

I’m looking at either a brand new Marin B17 in black and green, seem to be available at £1250 new, again I am drawn to the retro colourway. Seems to have budget components but I upgraded my Pine mountain to full XT / Thomson / Renthal so could transfer these across.

Alternatively possibly a higher spec second hand Santa Cruz Bronson or Transition scout.

Any input on either choices?

joebristol

If you’re looking at the black / green b17 it’s certainly retro coloured!

I think it depends what kind of ride you want – looking at the Marin it’s a 130/120 trail bike with plus size tyres – compared to a rigid bike it might feel quite draggy but would certainly give you the comfort you want.

I’ve never ridden a Bronson or Scout – but would you get a decent one of either second hand? I’ve seen the scout up close and it’s a lovely bike – I like the bright yellow one from a few years ago. I’d be tempted to look at one of those if you could find one in a decent spec. They’re meant to be a lot of fun, but again a little heavy for the travel so might feel a bit draggy uphill.

What sort of terrain / riding is it you do locally?

d4ddydo666
    Free Member

Cheap bike, nippy bike, burly bike. I guess they’re all bikes but i don’t see much else as a theme!

wrightyson
    Free Member

2018 Whyte t-130 can be had for 1700 now, trail bike of the year etc and gets rave reviews from anyone I speak to. Santa has one ready to deliver so I’ve not had chance to ride it yet…

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Maybe check:

Commencal trailbikes, Canyon trailbikes or YT trailbikes

Low budget – but quite good: Calibre Bossnut

supernova

I’ve got a Marin B17 3 and it’s excellent for trail and mountain riding. Good value for the money I think.

rc300
    Free Member

Thanks, I’m well out of touch with new bikes, I just picked three I liked the look of! I’ll look into more of the suggestions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘27.5 full sus recomendations’ is closed to new replies.