Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 26 -v- 27.5 -v- 29 – an analogy!
  • Ben_H

Thinking about this earlier, the wheel size debate reminds me of radio and TV:

DAB / satellite / cable / 29er – been around for a while, buyers slow to adopt
    Internet radio / TV / 650b – new take on existing tech, poised for explosive growth
    FM / analogue / 26er – the original, most people on it, could be turned off at any time

🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Like 80’s politics no conclusion and no need for another thread?

Are there radio and TV forums with several threads a week on which broadcast medium is best though, that’s the clincher ?

cloudnine
    Free Member

But internet tv radio brings the music alive

mrmoofo

Thinking about this earlier, the wheel size debate reminds me of radio and TV:

DAB / satellite / cable / 29er – been around for a while, buyers slow to adopt
    Internet radio / TV / 650b – new take on existing tech, poised for explosive growth
    FM / analogue / 26er – the original, most people on it, could be turned off at any time

yup, that really works
    Lets think fish
    29er – like a bonito tuna – fast in straight lines. Rubbish on mountains
    26er – like sardines – quick to turn and great in tomato sauce
    650b – like strawberry flavoured fish fingers with a big marketing budget. Nobody can actually see the point but advertisers love them

nedrapier

I rather like the analogy in here:

http://www.nsmb.com/2014-santa-cruz-heckler-reviewed/

Below the second picture.

richwales

29er – cheese – big, round and rolls well down mountains

26er – peas – small, round and roll well round smaller areas like plates

650b – cheeseypeas – shite

IanMunro
    Free Member

😀

bellefied
    Free Member

richwales – Member

29er – cheese – big, round and rolls well down mountains

26er – peas – small, round and roll well round smaller areas like plates

650b – cheeseypeas – shite

😆

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT5kI3zJFmA[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the clincher ?

Clinchers?

UST, shirley?

stuey
    Free Member

Thanks nedrapier I now know more about Paulina Gretzky than i ever did about 650c rims 🙂

cookeaa

If crap analogies for the dullest debate on Earth are the order of the day then I’m going with a semi topical theme…
    I think it should be compared to various forms of mass murder:

26″ – Good old reliable mass shootings; line ’em up, gun ’em down, buried in a shallow pit and hope the war crimes tribuneral never find out… perhaps doesn’t achieve the same volumes but definitely a more “Direct” method.

29″ – Conventional Bombing of civilian populations, pretty indiscriminate, intended to erode moral as much as disrupt extant infrastructure (trail erosion), people can get all misty eyed and patriotic over the equipment used in years to come, and push the horrors they brought to the back of their minds… Pretty brutal but very effective given the technological limitations of the time.

650b – Chemical tipped missiles, Expensive, excessively cruel, again Indiscriminate, as much a demonstration of will as a means to kill. Basically that one step too far for most rational people. Seemed like a “good idea at the time” but will galvanize peoples hatred for you, in the long term liable to become your undoing…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘26 -v- 27.5 -v- 29 – an analogy!’ is closed to new replies.