26" Road Tyres for my MTB

Home Forum Bike Forum 26" Road Tyres for my MTB

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 26" Road Tyres for my MTB
  • Premier Icon grtdkad
    Subscriber

Hi, I’m looking for some fast rolling but grippy road tyres for my 26″ HT MTB

I’ll be recuperating after some hospital down-time so want to get out on the bike ASAP, I will be ditching my Nobby Nics and looking for some reasonably easy road rides but not sure where to start when it comes to tyres.

Looking for fast and safe… any recommendations please?

thelonebiker

I’ve got a pair of Schwalbe City Jet tyres and tubes (26 x 1.5)

I ended up buying a road bike, so never even used them. Are you anywhere near Northampton?

Premier Icon teethgrinder
    Subscriber

I have City Jet on one of my bikes. Roll well pumped hard and decent puncture protection. Can be a mare to get on and off.

jonk

Panaracer Ribmo are excellent also

tomkerton

Schwalbe Land Cruisers. Cheap as chips, very puncture proof.

nikk

Get some Schwalbe Super Motos, great fun on a MTB for roads and also work for beach and dry trails.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I really liked my Kojaks- really a proper road tyre rather than the usual commutery fare, light and grippy but still with some lightweight puncture proofing. Er, just so happens I have a part-used set spare 😉 Switched from a 26 to 700c commuter so just fitted a set of 700 Kojaks to that and now got the 26s loose in the garage.

jamiep

I always suggest City Jet. Cheap

Klunk

go tall/ big volume on a 26. helps with the gearing a bit as you’ll run out pretty quickly and adds comfort! a well “spoked” up disc 26in rim with a tiny tyre pumped up to 120 psi is a harsh task master, though they spin up nicely !

Premier Icon grtdkad
    Subscriber

Thanks all. Will have a ponder on that lot…

boxfish

Conti Sport Contacts…

mur10

Plus 1 for the City Jets. Done about 500 miles on mines with only 1 puncture which was a shard of metal. I run them at the max psi so quite fast rolling. 🙂

Schwalbe Tabletops!!! Lighter than alot of the semi slicks and infinite grip! Also work offroad…

Premier Icon jairaj
    Subscriber

+1 for Kojak. I’ve got the 2inch width on my pub bike. The wider width gives you more volume and you can run them softer for more compliance if you want or run them nice and hard and they feel very fast.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘26" Road Tyres for my MTB’ is closed to new replies.