Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 26" rim options?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Currently riding in 26″ Flows, Evo 2 hubs. Hubs are fine but the rear rim (ooh errr) has taken a bit of a battering.

Looking for a pair of 32 hole 26″ rims, ride a lot of natural rocky stuff etc so have to be fairly strong. Tubeless ready would be good too.

What are the other 26 luddites using?

granny_ring

Jimmy?

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I’m using nuke proof TR rims. Very impressed after a years use. You can also get them cheaper under the sun ringle brand.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

granny_ring – Member
    Jimmy?
    POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

If that’s in reference to my edited post I blame in no particular order, iphone, alcohol and fat thumbs.

stevied
    Free Member

I think he may be referring to Jimmy Rimmer, ex Aston Villa goalkeeper.

chakaping
    Free Member

Have a look at the superstar ds25.

Just got some on a set of bargain wheels and they look really good for the money.

Dunno how they’re priced rim only though.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

I’ll go for the superstar tubeless rims nice rims for the money

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

What’s the general consensus on the SS wheel stuff now? Didn’t they used to get a load of stick for their wheel stuff?

What about the new EN821s?

Mackem

The EB821 is great. I can et tubeless on with an ordinary pump. Tough, light enough, a bit wider. I’m using HOPE2 hubs and switched from Flows.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Cheers Mackem.

Did you get away with using the original spokes or did they require new ones? How do you find them compared to the flows?

Mackem

Originals.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Mavic EN 421/3?

UST and not you much cash either. The EN321/521’s that I’ve had in the past have always been really good if a bit narrow by modern standards. I’m a big fan of UST too….makes a bit more sense to me than mucking about with rim strips.

breadcrumb

My WTB i23 (in 29er flavour) have took a fair battering.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘26" rim options?’ is closed to new replies.