Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 26 inch FS frames?
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

I’ve got a spare set of 26″ wheels that I’ve not used since I went tubeless.
    I’ve also got a load of other odds com sods i can use to build up another bike for my Mrs to use.
    But I’d like this bike to be something I can use for the more demanding rides.
    I was hoping to pick up a 26″ Orange 5 frame, but it seems they glue all gone, apart from the New alpine 160.

I was thinking 140mm Max travel.

I’m aware of the commencal frames, but I’m not keen on them.

What other options are out there ? Looking for a new frame..

TIA

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Blur TR?

raisinhat
    Free Member

Surprised that you can’t find an old orange 5 frame, I would have thought there would be loads around for cheap prices by now.

Nukeproof mega TR if you want a new frame though, and decently priced in the sale.

Goldigger
    Free Member

What’s a Blue TR? had a look in Google didn’t return anything that seemed relevant..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Blur Trail, 26″ 125mm ish slack fun machine. Was very very close to one but got an offer I couldn’t refuse on the LTc instead.

mattbilliard
    Free Member

I’m about to put my Blur Lt frame in the sales section. Nice and cheap, comes with a CK headset.

Edit – ignore, you wanted new

wwaswas

Not sure what your budget is but Liteville would give you a choice to move up a wheel size in future?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Banshee Spitfire, Knolly Endorphin?

Banshee spitfire can be run 26 or 650b

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’ve never heard of liteVille…I’ll take a look.
    What are Norco like? Think I might struggle to find a 26 though..

Found this on Google..looks very nice but 27.5.

AlexSimon

Cotic Rocket (it’s 150mm, but I wouldn’t worry about that).

ekul
    Free Member

I’ve got the 26″ 2013 version of the norco above, great bike. Had the sight 3 frame but cracked it, norco warranty were brilliant though and I ended up getting the sight 1 frame and XT wheelset because the 1 is a 12mm thru as opposed to QR on the 3 that I had.

I’m a bulky rider and not particularly sympathetic but this has been brilliant for me. Norco do seem to know what they’re doing as well winning WMB bike of the year in 2012 with the original sight 2.

However, this was my first real foray into the world of buying mountain bikes so there could be better out there. I’m certainly more than happy with mine though.

bueller
    Free Member

I have a brand new Mojo HD frame that will be for sale in a week or so. Can be run 140 or 160. No shock with it though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Covert (but it’s 160m), sadly they stopped making the Bandit in 26

Goldigger
    Free Member

What’s the yeti SB66 like? Found last year’s model in black for £1115 including rear shock..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘26 inch FS frames?’ is closed to new replies.