Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)
  • 26 Ain't Dead
  • roverpig

The problem is, unless you accept that a faster bike is a better bike a lot of the arguments for the different wheel sizes go out the window.

purser_mark
    Free Member

If I could ride as well as the laddy in that vid I’d be happy 26″, 27.5″ or 29″ wheels on my sled.

Unfortunately I was born with FA talent and have to go to work for a living. 🙂

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Sparklingchains, the point? you mean that noone is ever going to buy a 26″ frame/bike ever again and every COMPANY with any stock are panic selling?

because all the people who brought into the hype over 29″ are going to throw them in the bin (where there old 26″ went) and go buy a 650b?

Is that your point? if so, it’s a s##t point….

oldskooler
    Free Member

Craig is a ridiculously talented rider, World Cup level soon without a doubt.

banks
    Free Member

Just talked myself out of a soul, this video doesn’t help.

I_Ache
    Free Member

passtherizla – Member
    yeah looks like it was a direct cotic diss? eeek. I own 2 and think they’re ace.

You got the second one built up quickly 😉

passtherizla
    Free Member

doesn’t alter the fact that i own 2… 1 being in the post is irrelevant. ;P

Stevelol
    Free Member

Does anyone know where the first trail in the video is? It looks really fun, berm jump berm jump! It looks a bit like Wharnecliffe but I don’t recognise it!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Good, loose, balls out riding, there are a couple of edits though where he definitley throws himself into the scenery..not surprising really.

As for 26/27.5/29 I couldn’t give a monkeys. All my bikes are 26″ I love them all. I will continue to love them until such time as they need replacing then I will see what takes my fancy. I have no desire (and no chance) to be the quickest out there, but if I keep fit and smile a lot in the process I’ll ride anything.

miketually
    Free Member

I want a “twitchy as a ferret on crack” sticker for my 26″ bike.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As a Bfe owner I’m just embarrassed about how bad a rider I am after watching that ! FWIW you could make the same video with a Soul in my opinion.

Great video, fun fun fun. That’s all there is. Cotic can sell you a 26 or a 29. Personally I have no interest in anything other than 26, I have two bikes, a stock of tyres and other bits, a frame waiting to be built up and zero interest in anything not compatible.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du69IghoP1U[/video]

It does look like fun..this ferret on crack thing.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Jambalaya, I thought it was you on the video until I saw the riders face!

wwaswas

I want a “twitchy as a ferret on crack” sticker for my 26″ bike.

Maybe Charlie the Bikemonger can oblige with his next batch 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

There’s going to be a market for 26″ frames too for quite a long time to come.

Probably because no one will want one and there’ll be a stockpile?

I’ll admit as a 6ft+ rider I’m intrigued by 27.5 but even though the vid is ace 26″ bikes either don’t fit or look daft under me
    26 will not die though I’m sure

cogitoergosum
    Free Member

Probably because no one will want one and there’ll be a stockpile?

I’ll admit as a 6ft+ rider…

Not everyone is a 6ft+ rider though, ay RoCkEtDoG? IIRC the average height for a UK male is 5’9/5’10 i.e. the perfect size to dominate a 26in steed

GaryLake
    Free Member

iainc
    does make you wonder how they will approach the PR of dropping 26 for 27.5 if they ever do !!

Na, it’s win win really, his hand will be forced because SRAM et al drop 26 components from the range and he can cull the 26ers citing lack of components without really losing face. The rebel fighting the good fight but ultimately being over powered.

Saying he’s stuck with dead stock, as mentioned previously, it’s a brand new shipment of frames in new colours.

shermer75
    Free Member

That’s just a massive pleasure to watch! Really makes you want to get out there!

sparkingchains
    Free Member

MTB Rob – No my point is not “S##t”.

I’m not and didn’t say no one is going to buy 26″ frames. It’s obvious that many with 26″ forks and wheels want a frame to match their current parts. Nor as you say, am I saying that those with 29’ers will chuck them and buy 650b bikes.

The point is it’s unlikely a small company like Cotic can redesign their entire frame range to 650b that quickly and get them shipped over at the turn of a switch. They are just getting their Rocket frames delivered to people, it’d be a tall order to expect such an overhaul.

Seeing as many of us don’t think the expense of 650b is worth it but would like a new frame, Cotic I’m sure will continue to do well but soon they’ll be forced to move with the times just like everyone.

26″ ain’t dead but it’s unlikely that Cotic will be a niche company only selling 26″ and 29″ bikes in the future.

purser_mark
    Free Member

Diggin the Ferret on crack video.

Now want a sticker for my bike too!

catvet
    Free Member

66 Deg
    met a guy who works for Specialized (riding a carbon enduro 29er)and he indicated that Specialized are/ have looking at and prototyping 650bs.
    Just wondered if that info helped?!

ceepers

Meanwhile over on facebook………

Mark Taylor:
    Are you going to make a 650b Cotic?
    Like · · 27 November at 12:36 via Mobile

Cotic: At some point.We’ll do some work on it as the industry seems hellbent on it.

Whatever, Cy seems a great guy, their product and customer service is A1. I hope they go from strength to strength selling whatever they believe in. The video is cool and certainly inspired me to nick a downhill KOM off some mates with full suss on my soul on last nights night ride!

I’m pretty sure the whole 26 aint dead stance is pretty tongue in cheek if you go on the evidence of their previous videos ….size matters after all.

Also, is it just me or does the Bfe look much more at home being ragged than the solaris in that video!

PS is greg minaar missing the joke?

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

I really should take up fishing……… 😉

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Finely tuned fishing?

mrvear
    Free Member

Boring

drapper
    Free Member

Who the fock is Greg Minnnar?

JonEdwards
    Free Member

At the end of the day, the “26 ain’t dead” thing is just an excuse to make a video. The actual content is irrelevant so long as it makes people think and talk about the brand.

Case in point, I was out in the woods this morning on my Rocket and bumped into a guy who as soon as he saw my bike started talking about the video. Wheel size didn’t come into it, it was just a brand associated with cool riding.

The guys obvioulsly have fun making them (John Horscroft for Best Supporting Actor at the Oscars 😀 ?). Most, bar a few miserable oiks enjoy watching them. Cy hopefully sells more frames on the back of it, and he plows a fair amount of that money and influence back into the local riding scene. Happy days all round, we all benefit.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Oh, and loving the Minaar comment! 😆 😆

rOcKeTdOg

ot everyone is a 6ft+ rider though, ay RoCkEtDoG? IIRC the average height for a UK male is 5’9/5’10 i.e. the perfect size to dominate a 26in steed

Woohoo! 1st time I’ve been called above average 🙂

pussywillow
    Free Member

Nice video, and good rider, shame about the last bit of trails looking very much serp style tracks though, would have looked better down something a lot more technical and proved more a point than riding trail centre serp tracks. I hope cotic do well as they ain’t being sheep and following the rest, instead they’re going with what they know makes sense, no silly Jay boy 29r wheels or no bs 650 wheels, although like someone says above that unfortunately they’re sooner or later gonna be forced into 650 but much much respect to them for sticking with 26 8)

chives
    Free Member

no silly Jay boy 29r wheels

Er, which rock have you been hiding under pussy? They’ve been doing 29ers for a while now..

matt_outandabout

What is ‘serp’?

wwaswas

Pussywillow hides under bridges, not rocks

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

“sparkingchains – Member
    Finely tuned fishing?”

LOL very good. 😀

pussywillow
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member 
    What is ‘serp’?

POSTED 39 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Great question! 😀

A serp is basically short for serpentine and comes from the term serp rider which derives from the smooth serpentine trail in France which every new comer to the sport has been mislead and thinks it’s a typical downhill track and so wear there full body armour, neck braces to fit in with the rest of the serps while riding down it on there brand new hardly used carbon fibre 650b full on dh bike which has been recommended to them by all the magazine’s and marketing out there, the thing is, the serpentine track is more like a gravity fed pump track which gets very boring and predictable after the first berm and would be far more interesting riding down it on a shopping trolley.. I hope this has answered your question Matt. 😆

Pussy.

Northwind

PUSSYWILLOW’S BACK! W000000!

rusty90
    Free Member

PUSSYWILLOW’S BACK!

Yeh! Now we just need richmtbguru to join in as well and we’re sorted. Or would that use up the world’s entire supply of awesomeness in one go?

6079smithw
    Free Member

Cotic need to make a fat bike

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cogitoergosum – Member
    Whatever your wheel size preference, I doubt he’d have been able to chuck a steel 29er around on some of those trails with similar panache. A lot of the steep, serpentine trails in Northern England just ride better under a 26. 29ers feel like oil tankers where a tug would be more than sufficient.

Ha, tug.

PW is the second to mention the legendary Serp trails, these 2 must be riding in the same places 😉

somafunk

Brill vid from Cotic as usual, just makes you want to get out and hoon down some trails but the only trouble i foresee with that notion is if i tried to ride like that i’d have at least a 4 month layoff with multiple fractures and possibly an expensive dental bill so instead i may tool up for the shite weather later t’day and go for a pleasant but very wet n’ windy bimble instead….I’d love to “hoon” like i did 8 years ago but “bimble” is more my scene these days unfortunately…christ, i now own a bike with a rack…panniers and mudguards, who’d have thought that possible? – all i need now is a ctc subscription and a roadie style cap.

And as for Greg “Rad” Minaar?, Pfft!…..yada…yada….shut yer yank claptrap.

PS : I’m gonna see my local vinyl printers t’morn to enquire about some “twitchier than a ferret on crack” stickers, i’ll adopt that saying into my life from now on.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘26 Ain't Dead’ is closed to new replies.