Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • >2.5 year old Swiss speeding ticket
  • Marge
    Free Member

I just received from my leasing company a Swiss speeding ticket from January 26 2008.
    I was committing the shocking crime of driving at 134kph on a motorway (120kph limit) and with corrections I am 8kph over! 🙂

I have a bill of 38.71 euro to pay.
    Seems unbelievable that they bother to track something so old.

specializedneeds

Pretty impressive speed on a bicycle

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Should have paid it right away – would have been cheaper(in pounds)

Never underestimate a Swiss bureaucrat.

Marge
    Free Member

It's not that I ignored it.
    This is the first notification after all 33 months!

I'm not complaining about the ticket – I perfectly accept that I was likely driving at approx 130kph on a swiss motorway at 2030 on a Sunday evening. With a long drive home I would be more ashamed if I wasn't.
    I'm just surprised that I have only now received the ticket.

scotia
    Free Member

seems a long time, but its not easy to track you down – esp if you're not the car owner..

swiss paper work takes a long time.

but its a speeding ticket all the same, its a "shocking crime" in the uk too

tron
    Free Member

I wonder if the lease co have paid the fine on your behalf then added it to the end of lease bill? I doubt any fine could be sat on that long without penalty fees accruing.

ivantate
    Free Member

I wonder if there missus will get on soon, I got flashed by a camera in zurich in her Panda.

The swiss fines are meant to be based on speed over and also your salary as that guy in the merc sls caught at silly kph found out.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

38.71 is quite reasonable, is that with the leasing company admin on top to?

konabunny
    Free Member

38.71 is quite reasonable, is that with the leasing company admin on top to?

+1 – are you sure that's not just the leasing co fee?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I got nabbed speeding in Holland 120 kph on a 90 (it was a temp restriction on the m/way due to non-existant roadworks- not that I'm trying to justify or need to justify). 1st notification was from the hire car company and they charged approx 30 euros. A couple of weeks later I got the 197 euro fine from the Politie.

higgo
    Free Member

Might be worth asking over on PePiPoo about the validity of such an old ticket.

http://www.pepipoo.com/

Marge
    Free Member

The leasing company just forwarded me the letter.
    The letter is dated 16 August 2010 so the leasing company did nothing wrong & they've never charged me a handling fee on any of the tickets I've had in the past…

I can pay via Bank tranfer or credit card too. How helpful 🙂

I wouldn't risk not paying the Swiss because they don't seem to be a very amusing bunch of people when it comes to that sort of thing. As I have to show my passport every time I'm there I don't want things to become a bigger problem. (& it's only €38 after all)

ir12daveor
    Free Member

If you ever intend passing through Switzerland again you would be better off paying it. The will nab you at the border and whack on some juicy admin fees and interest if they catch you down the road.

If you never (ever) intend on entering Switzerland again its likely nothing will happen.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘>2.5 year old Swiss speeding ticket’ is closed to new replies.