Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • £25 off Naked Wines Voucher available to all registered members
  • Mark

All you have to do is go to your profile page and tick the newsletter box. We are going to be sending out a regularish newsletter from next week. If you opt in to receive it (you can opt out at any time by unticking the box) then a voucher worth £25 off a box of wine at http://www.nakedwines.com will appear before your very eyes 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

what if we favour some other drug ?

Mark

Do you have some kind of forum posting tourettes Simon?

JulianA
    Free Member

I’ll have sfb’s voucher if he is going to be a terminal ingrate! Not to mention a self-righteous git…

Thanks guys, very kind. I’m off to check out Naked Wines!

Andy

😆 at Marks comment to SFB. I think he has you sussed chap.

peteimpreza

Had my first delivery this week.

It’s all good.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Do you have some kind of forum posting tourettes Simon?

it’s more of an objection to drug discrimination

funkynick

Well… have just ordered a case with the voucher, so we’ll see how it goes… but am not sure you can go too far wrong with 12 bottles for £55!! :oD

Fagus
    Free Member

Just ordered a case. Should have been £96, if you believe the sales blurb. Cost after voucher is £59 for 12 bottles. Can’t go too far wrong with that. Any half decent wine must be worth £4/5 per bottle. Should be here Tuesday.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’m with SFB on this one, when’s the next batch of STW acid blotters due? 😆

mrsflash
    Free Member

lol@Mark.

Yay, cheap wine!

Mark

Simon do you have the same objection to our free hipflask offer? Do you consider it discriminatory not to also offer bottles, shot glasses and every other possible mechanism for holding a fluid stationary? Or are you under the delusion that we are living in a universe of infinite dimensions where we can somehow offer all possible free gifts and promotions at once. Does this current universe of limited and sadly chronological options disappoint you? Are we mere mortals beneath your true omnipotence?

I’d call you an arse but then I’d have to moderate myself..

Oh wait!

Stoner
    Free Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/feb/21/consumer-affairs-wine-clubs

The reader was offered a £40 voucher, redeemable at the new internet wine company Naked Wines, set up by the man behind Virgin Wines before he sold it – to Laithwaites.

Again, the voucher promises a big discount on a first purchase – in this case, a £90 mixed case would be sent for £30. But buried in the small print is a clause stating that anyone taking up the offer will automatically find themselves paying £20 a month into a wine fund. This money could later be redeemed to buy wines at any point in the future – with a 33% discount.

The vouchers sent out by Amazon have a different small-print clause which means anybody taking up the offer commits themselves to paying £5 a month to Naked Wines.

“My first reaction was ‘great – a £40 wine voucher’,” said the reader, who does not wish to be named. “It even said they had sent it as a ‘thank you’ for shopping with See. It was only when I went through the small print that I discovered that, by buying the initially low-priced case, I would end up paying into a savings account to cover future purchases. What sort of offer is that?” The reader decided not to go ahead.

A spokeswoman for Naked Wines conceded the offer could have been made clearer and said changes have since been made to its marketing materials. “If the customers prepay £10 or £20 a month, we don’t have to spend money marketing to them,” she said. “We would rather pass a 33% saving on to our loyal customers. They can cancel at any time and get their monthly payments back – which are kept in a secure trust account.”

Just to be clear, like.

Oh and just to be clear, I never discriminate between alcohol, heroin, crack or skunk when it comes to consumer protection 🙂 Serioulsy, nothing wrong with a voucher system, but Naked Wines is still a subscription club despite the ability to opt out at will.

funkynick

Stoner… having just bought 12 bottles of wine for £55 the £25 voucher is exactly what it says it is…

Granted, there is then a page that comes up and asks you if you want to save a further 33% (£18ish) on that purchase by opening a wine savings account, but there was nothing stating that you could only have that £25 voucher if you opened an account. There also didn’t seem to be anything else on the site saying that you couldn’t just buy wine from them without paying any money into an account.

So, a voucher giving you £25 off, and no need to pay any more money to them… I’m not sure what your issue is with them as there certainly didn’t seem to be anything misleading about the voucher or the website…

As it is, having looked around the site, and knowing how much we usually spend on wine a month, putting some money into an account and then getting 33% money back on any wine we buy looks like a cracking deal.

brant
    Free Member

I’m not sure what your issue is with them as there certainly didn’t seem to be anything misleading about the voucher or the website…

Didn’t seem to be Stoners issue, but the issue of that article in the Grauniad yesterday.

funkynick

I understood Stoners gripe, and I was just pointing out that the particular issue didn’t seem to be associated with the £25 voucher that I used last night.

It may be that they have responded to that criticism and changed how things operate on the website, I don’t know, but it wasn’t how it worked for me.

EDIT: In fact, having just read through the article again, it actually says that they have changed how things work…

anagallis_arvensis

nowt appeared before my eyes 🙁
    Maybe its all the LSD

Smee
    Free Member

Nowt appeared before my very eyes either. 🙁

AndyP
    Free Member

Nowt appeared before my eyes either. Then I had the wild and crazy idea of clicking ‘refresh’…

Mark

lol 🙂

Sorry.. should have been clearer

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon do you have the same objection to our free hipflask offer?

well, I did wonder what else one might drink out of one, as of course taking alcohol during a ride is a very bad idea, but most sensible liquids would be required in greater quantities 🙁

I’d call you an arse but then I’d have to moderate myself..

is this how we all circumvent moderation too ? It really betrays a lack of effort merely to insult someone, even if they annoy you – much better to come back with an aposite funny or ironic rejoinder, but perhaps you’re too busy?

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Nowt appeared before my eyes either. Then I had the wild and crazy idea of clicking ‘refresh’…

Maybe the “Come back to your edit page once you’ve signed up to receive a free gift.” eludes some.

Drac

I’ll send Simon some syringe and needles.

There Karma sorted.

I’m sorry why would taking alcohol on a ride be a bad idea?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’ll send Simon some syringe and needles.

guess again 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Mirror and a fiver?

Drac

Sorry Simon I have no idea how you fill yourself with self importance.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I have no idea how you fill yourself with self importance.

is that what drugs are for ? No wonder I don’t need them 🙂

singletrackmatt

I’m going to see if we can get a deal from a Dutch seed import company for those that feel left out by Wine deal. 8)

anagallis_arvensis

Mirror and a fiver?

Yes please, actually to save postage costs just send the fiver

Junkyard
    Free Member

Simon rizzlas? possibly you are tobacco free though? vegetable pipe?
    I e-mailed the above wine company and did not get a reply has anyone tried contacting them?

aracer
    Free Member

What’s your address, a_a?

I’ll register you for some junk mail – I’m sure if you roll that up it will be just as effective.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon rizzlas? possibly you are tobacco free though?

could you doubt it ? Surely only stupid people and the self-despising smoke ?? My drug of choice is of course coffee 🙂

funkynick

Well, the box arrived today.. and we are currently drinking a very very pleasant Sauvignon Blanc…

If all the wine is this good it’s going to be hard to not drink it all far sooner than planned!

😀

Drac

The Reds are ok whites are hmmm and the rose was rank.

eldridge
    Free Member

Have none of you ever heard of the old adage that if an offer looks too good to be true, it probably is?

These days, scams are everywhere, but there’s a foolproof way of spotting a scammer

He/She looks and behaves just like you

sonik
    Free Member

hey, where’s my voucher?
    i did the tick!!!!

ed80
    Free Member

can’t find mine either, am I being a ‘tard?

ed80
    Free Member

yes I was! there is it.

Mark

Just to be clear.. if the “Come back to your edit page once you’ve signed up to receive a free gift.” bit is a bit too confusing.

Step 1 – Tick the box
    Step 2 – Refresh the page

aracer
    Free Member

Well I shan’t bother thanks – just got one free in the box with some books. Anybody would think they’re just giving them out to anybody 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘£25 off Naked Wines Voucher available to all registered members’ is closed to new replies.