Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 25 mile road ride and now it hurts to pee – what cause?
  • Vortexracing

Right peeps,

Commuted to work today 25 miles either way.

Same bike that has been used for the last 2 years, only change is a 5mm shorter stem and some new Gore 3/4 bibs.

Got to work and tried to pee, it was bloody agony. Still the same again at 4:30 ish

Rode home and same pain when I got home. Seems funny that it’s only just occurred after riding to work for the first time this year. The road bike hasn’t been used since last October.

anybody else suffered from this?

It’s a bit worrying TBH. 🙁

Mowgli
    Free Member

It’ll stop after a couple of rides. Till then, well, just grimace and force it out 😮

ton

perinial numbness
    or in laymans, squashed pee tube.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    markoulini

Put on a steeper stem, or get one of those relieving saddles..either way take the weight off your johnson.

Vortexracing

but what I can’t understand is the saddle position hasn’t moved for two years.

Can it be the pad in the shorts?

partyboy
    Free Member

You have the clap?

mboy
    Free Member

Got a cutout on your saddle or not?

If not, as I’ve recently discovered, GET ONE! As ton says, perinal numbness… Not good!

Vortexracing

It’s the same saddle I used for 2 years, I never had the problem until today.

brooess
    Free Member

must be one of the changes you’ve made then. Shorter stem may have changed the pressure points between you and the saddle?
    Maybe tilt the saddle down very slightly to east the pressure whilst you get back in the swing of things?

winterfold
    Free Member

Saddle with cutout is the cure. Harder glutes is another but doesn’t sound like you ride enough. Even if you do a cutout saddle is more comfy in any case.

I never used to get it, then I did for no apparent reason other than getting old.

Do the old chap a favour get a nice saddle

I nearly spewed when I spent £90 (trade!) on my SLR team gel flow but **** it is comfy and no tube aggro 🙂

Definitely worth spending £60 pair on tyres for your roady and getting decent saddle – riding is just so much comfier when you do

wors

Have you been eating too many pies? Extra weight on the penile area?

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

It’s not common in men, but there is the possibility that you have a Urinary Tract Infection and that the cycling is merely incidental.

Otherwise…as above…have a play with your position on the bike, consider tilting your saddle backwards slightly (it should make you ‘sit’ on your ‘sitting bits’ rather than ‘leaning’ onto your ‘squishy bits’.

Hope that helps somehow!

charliedontsurf

Check your saddle angle. And get a knob friendly saddle.
    For long rides or frequent rides try a brooks b17. Very comfortable. It’s wide flat rear carries your weight on your arse and not you balls.
    I reckon I was out of the saddle for the majority of cymcarn the other day, where as on a road bike it’s 95% in the saddle. So spend the money where it matters.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘25 mile road ride and now it hurts to pee – what cause?’ is closed to new replies.