Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 24h disc front hub – anything?
  • Sam

I’m building up some new disc CX wheels and ordered 24h front and 28h rear carbon rims, just arrived and look great. Finally got around to calling Hope to order some hubs – they don’t do anything in 24h disc. So, what’s out there?

sugdenr
    Free Member

IIRC you can use 32h hubs but lace them twice as many spokes on the disk side (most stressed) to the non disk side.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Tune Hubs come in 24h and disc

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Clicky Clicky

Also in 15mm and straight pull

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have a pair of Hope 24h disc hubs. 😀

Sam

IIRC you can use 32h hubs but lace them twice as many spokes on the disk side (most stressed) to the non disk side.

Nice idea, I might give that some thought. I don’t think it will work to offset drilled spoke holes in the rim though.

Tune Hubs come in 24h and disc

Was planning on something a little less spendy…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tried ebay? You think Sokin (sp) might have some?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member
    clubber
    Free Member

Hope will do 48 hole drilling for tandems, won’t they? If so, job done and you have extra weight saving on the unused holes 🙂

ruggerbugger
    Free Member

Mavic crossrides are disc & 24hole & I have a pair in the shed doing nothing………… 😉

Sam

Novatec aare a good prie that’s for sure. I’ve gone down the Tune road though, should be nice 🙂

a matching rear and one of these

Should be nice 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Just spotted the circus monkey ones on ebay – I have a set of 32h ones on my CX bike and they’ve held up well for a year.

highlandman
    Free Member

Mrs has 24h disc Circus Monkeys on her road bike. They’re very light indeed, not sure how I’d feel about using them hard off road. Sealing is basic but functional and it looks like changing the bearings will be straightforward. Good cheap choice if you’re light on your kit though.

clubber
    Free Member

I’m not light on my kit…

mudmonster
    Free Member

Pro 3’s are 24h but straight pull

tang
    Free Member

Novate – cheap lightish cartridge hubs. Been great this year on some monumentally wet filthy riding. Got mine from bike24.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve got Tunes on my posh bike, Prince and Princess. The Princess front has been OK but the seals on the Prince rear are shocking, wrecked three freewheels in the first two years. Poshbikes service turnaround isn’t very speedy either, although to be fair they did warranty them. Daren’t take them out in the wet now, had to get a set of Kings for wet weather use. Not sure I’d recommend Tune for Cross!
    I like Clubber’s 48h idea, but fear it may be too late for you now if you’ve already ordered.

onewheelgood

Hope Pro3 are 24h – well mine are anyway. They’re very nice.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘24h disc front hub – anything?’ is closed to new replies.