Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 24 spoke stans 355 – where ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Popped an uber mega wheel at 10 under last year and pulled a bunch of spokes through the rim !

Went to rebuild it tonight to find te cocking rim i bought is 28 hole !!!!!

Baws

Not having much joy finding a 24 spoker.

Will call the lbs to call hope in the morning but any one seen any for sale ?

Unobtainiam springs to mind !

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Was it from a Hope Pro 3 wheel? Pretty sure that they were Hope only, so try them.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Special order only and discontinued to boot. Hope may sell your LBS a 24h Crest however if they have any stocks.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Thought as much. Cock.

Crest is workable its pretty close

Failing that what other 24 hole rims are there ? And yes its a pro 3

trail_rat
    Free Member

Will make a nice disk cx wheel with some 24 hole cxp 33s i have lying about actually 🙂 – just need some sp spokes. Damned if you do and damned if you dont

trail_rat
    Free Member

my LBS is on it like a john deere bonnet.

might be a good opportunity for me to swap out for a complete 32 spoker tbh – always found the 24 spokes flexy – and im heavier now – by a couple stone than the last time i raced.

br
    Free Member

Failing that what other 24 hole rims are there ?

I’ve one with a Mavic 819. But again flexy enough that it lives on my (small) sons’ bike.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

You’ll run into other problems with the SP24h trying to rebuild it onto a completely different size rim, the spokes are also special order from Sapim so will struggle if you need massive length differences. Sorry.

neninja
    Free Member

Sun Ringle Black Flag rim maybe?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=87051

Made by the same company that make Stans rims and they license the Stans Notubes tech so pretty much the same as a Crest rim but with eyelets.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

BOR XMD333 is available in 24h, bloody light to!

onewheelgood

Have you spoken to Hope? The Crest is the successor to the 355 for the Pro3 Hoops, so I’m pretty sure they could help you out.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i have just pung hope an email.

neninja might be on the money – that looks like a good replacement if i have to.

the sapim spoke issue doesnt worry me – other SP spokes are availible in different sizes – ime sapim dont exactly make great spokes anyway.

D0NK

interested to hear how you get on, this is the problem with “factory” wheels i guess.

trail_rat
    Free Member

hope dont really want to know.

pointed me in the direction of their nearest dealer – Edinburgh bike co.

id rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon – its hard enough getting gear outer from them up here….

will see what my olde faithful LBS come back with – although not hope dealers they are resourceful 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Lbs got back to me over the weekend , top boys

Stans crest 66 quid rrp

Spokes required 1.30 each rrp

Not bad tbh for factory ight weight wheels……once rebuilt a kysrium elite for a chap with new rim and spokes…wasnt much change from 200 quid in parts alone !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘24 spoke stans 355 – where ?’ is closed to new replies.