Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 24 spoke Enduro Rims – What options are out there?
  • TLDR; I’d like a wide-ish, strong-ish, 24 spoke rim. 650b. Sub £100 ideally. What does STW suggest?

Long version: My rear rim is wobbly beyond repair. It’s taken a reasonable hammering for 5 years so there are no hard feelings. Trouble is, I can’t find a suitable 24-spoke rim to replace it with.

It’s a SRAM Rail 40 wheel which came on my Canyon. The DT-made SRAM hubs are honestly great, so I don’t want to bin them. I have so far found ENVE (I’m not made of money) and Light Bicycles (still too spendy, really, and delivery is a bitch for a single rim). Any other suggestions?

BearBack

Replacement rail rim?
    Ive a cracked roam carbon rear that looks like I’ll have to repair the carbon rim as ‘wide’ 24h rims don’t seem common beyond FSA and roval?

Premier Icon oikeith
    Subscriber

Specialized Enduros come with a 24spoke Roval front wheel, I’ve rode one for several years now with no issues, rim is 29mm internal rim width, maybe look for a second hand wheel to take apart and use the rim on the back of your bike?

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

I suspect there’s a good reason you can’t find many.

I don’t really trust 28-hole rims on the rear, so no way would I go for a 24-hole alu one.

Sounds like your bike is non-boost? I’d look for a bargain used complete rear wheel instead and flog your hub.

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon
    Subscriber

24 spokes is probably pointless, but id not bin a hub because of it.

I would probably go looking for an asymetric rim through to take some of the load off the spokes.

I think crc have some easton/raceface rims in the sale?

Replacement rail rim?

Would be ideal. I can’t find them anywhere online but I’ve reached out to Fisher for help.

24 spokes is probably pointless, but id not bin a hub because of it.

Indeed. I’m quite hard on freehubs (trials background) so I’ve broken many a cheap wheel. I was dubious when I bought these but they’ve been great so I’m very keen not to just throw them away. And yeah, the current rim is asymmetric.

Nothing that CRC or Wiggle sell is available in 24 spoke as far as I can see. Outside of a few XC-specific rims which are going to be way too light for me. This is irritating.

mjsmke

Slight hijack; What light XC rims with 24 holes have you found?

Premier Icon TomB
    Subscriber

Bookmarked- my son has 24 spoke hope pro3s on 26” rims that I want to build in to some light 650b rims.

Slight hijack; What light XC rims with 24 holes have you found?

Stan’s Crest come in 650b/24 spoke. There were a few others that I didn’t commit to memory since they’re not what I was looking for.

I’ve found somewhere stateside that will sell a direct replacement rim. Shipping will cost as much as the rim itself…

mjsmke

Crests only do 24 hole for their 24 inch rims

Premier Icon asbrooks
    Subscriber

I went through a similar search about a year ago. There are options, I know as I did contact someone, somewhere (I’ll go through my emails), I can’t remember who. When I’ve found it, I’ll post it up.

Premier Icon asbrooks
    Subscriber

I’ve been through my emails and can’t find it.

Have you considered emailing FSA? Their afterburner wheels have 24 spokes. They may sell the rims as replacements. It’s worth a try

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.