• This topic has 68 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • 24 Hours in A&E
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

On again tonight.

Drac

Yup getting ready to switch over.

Going to be a tough one tonight for me as I had confirmation today that from next week I’m no longer operational, full management. Still I’m ready for it but all a bit surreal after over 20 years of frontline work.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Interesting to see that Kevin Fong is sticking about post handover.

Drac

Sometimes it’s hard to step away and leave them if you’ve spent a lot of time looking after them.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

No doubt. You never know, he might well have been the best qualified person present at that point for his role.

Drac

A **** squirrel scratch!!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

A **** cat scratch!!

Drac

Left it too late it seems.

Drac

Here we go again.

Trauma time.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Great stuff, get to see my tax paid being spent on the NHS doing fantastic work

Drac

Best show on TV.

theotherjonv

Bloody cyclists using up valuable NHS resources 🙄

Drac

Doesn’t even pay road tax.

project
    Free Member

The back stories of the patients make it addictive along with the comments while theyre waiting to be seen.

theotherjonv

Scaphoid. Yes, very painful. I did mine at a Gorrick race and then drove myself to Frimley Park where an army doctor diagnosed it with the immortal words ‘if it’s a scaphoid when I press it here it will really…..’

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Drac

Shit. 🙁

Drac

Straight in to trauma tonight.

wwaswas

“cyclist collides with Porsche” phrase came out then.

They’re usually more careful with language.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That shoulder 😯

Drac

Yeah they’re something else to see.

“cyclist collides with Porsche”

How else would you word it?

wwaswas

“builder collides with ground”

Drac

The cyclist is describing his mode of transport in the RTC and the Porsche describes the other vehicle, that’s it.

Not the same as describing someone career.

wwaswas

Seriously, the cyclist said he was hit by the car so;

“Porsche collides with cyclist”

Would infer the blame with far more clarity? Making the car passive is always done with cyclist accidents.

Drac

To me it describes the incident and places no blame, maybe I’m seeing it from a medical perspective.

twonks

Not seen the latest few episodes but normally watch it and agree it’s amongst the top TV programmes on at the moment.

I’ve only had one visit into the area once in my 44 years. Got blue lighted into A+E with the aftermath of chest pains. Chatting and joking with the paramedics all the way in for them to tell me it is normally ok as long as they (hospital staff) don’t call you (me) into that room – pointing at the resus doors.

5 seconds after I was grabbed and wheeled straight in. The paramedics faces were pictures of horror and I think they were genuinly concerned about my well being. They had to go more or less straight away but I found out after they did ask about me.

Very nice to see and I hope the goverment / system doesn’t grind all the wonderful NHS staff to bits.

Congratulations on the promotion Drac. You’ll have to set yourself a ‘hands on’ part of management to make sure you get out of the rat race every so often and into a rapid patient transport device 😆

Drac

Thanks. Still get hands on as I do ride outs with crews.

Drac

Near the end of the series it’s been brilliant. Tuned in for tonight’s.

ton

i love my wife…… 😀

Drac

That guy was ace.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘24 Hours in A&E’ is closed to new replies.