Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 24" Forks – advice required
  • grtdkad

My daughter has a Scott Scale Junior. Lovely light bike with 24 inch wheels but the front fork appears to be goosed.
    I’ve been in touch with Scott and they’ve said take it in to LBS. I’ve been with my local, local LBS but they won’t look at it

I’m taking it in to one of the main shops in the ‘city’ this afternoon but I’m expecting a “we’ll send it off for an overhaul”

Obviously can’t write-off a bike – but should I consider alternatives, just buying a new fork perhaps?
    – Any half decent 24 inch suspension fork recommendations?
    Or
    – a good quality 24inch rigid fork perhaps?

ianv
    Free Member

Or a 26″ fork? Loads of kids ride 24″ bikes with standard forks.

grtdkad

Really?
    Like an 80mm fork?
    Will it not wreck the geometry & her confidence? (11yr old girl we’re talking about here)

gonzy
    Free Member

Will it not wreck the geometry & her confidence?

i’ve run standard forks (130 – 150mm) with 24″ rims in the past with no issues…it’ll lift the front up a bit, slackening the head angle and the b/b height will rise depending on the amount of travel…but 80mm is minimal so there wont be a significant change to the geometry.
    any change will relax the geometry so it will put her in the “sit up and beg” position and will probably give her more confidence..

ianv
    Free Member

My son has 120 rebas on one bike as has his friend. Both have no problems. He has 150 revs on his other!

A short travel fork (90) would make very little real world difference on a 24″ bike.

grtdkad

Great thanks all.

grtdkad

…I’ve just clicked, she’ll be after one of my lovely 26 inch wheels next 🙁

martinhutch

Can you buy reasonably priced 24″ rim-brake 1.125 steerer rigid forks from anywhere?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘24" Forks – advice required’ is closed to new replies.