Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 230 x 65 shock on a 2018 intense carbine designed for 230×60?
  • cookci
    Free Member

Thoughts?

Currently have a RT3 and seen an RC3 for a good price however its 230×65 so i figure i’ll get 12mm ish extra travel. Anybody ever done it on a carbine?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

It’s just a spacer which can be removed making your current shock 65mm stroke if required. Possibly not a DIY task though..

argee

Not done it, but it’ll only give you that 12mm if you bottom out, can’t see anything fouling out, your BB will be lower, but you can counter it a bit by adding some volume spacers perhaps?

doomanic

You’ll need to make sure the shock linkage doesn’t clout the frame on full compression.

robo89
    Free Member

Just check your back end can go the extra distant without interference issues like tyre buzz on the saddle, I did something similar years ago with a kona and the linkage hit my Hope seatclamp, lucky I checked first with the shock off.

brant
    Free Member

really depends on end rate which is rarely flat and often quite rising meaning might get into trouble fast.

james1982
    Free Member

Its tyre to seat tube that will hit, I run 62.5mm stroke. You should be ok with 65mm but may find tyre rubs seat tube on full bottom out

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘230 x 65 shock on a 2018 intense carbine designed for 230×60?’ is closed to new replies.