Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 2228 Tape
  • coynie09
    Free Member

Anyone no where i can pick up a meter length of 2228 tape just don’t fancy paying silly money for 3 meters just to have it stuck in the shed with the other 10 rolls of tapes (different)i have…..

fathomer

I’d like to know as well, for the same reason 🙂

marksnook
    Free Member

Can I ask what it is?!

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Couldn’t one of you buy the 3m and send half to the other in exchange for some money?

coynie09
    Free Member

It’s to put on the frame down tube on my sons bike as every time i heli tape it he manages to rip it off so thought i’d try 2228 tape

P-Jay
    Free Member

I couldn’t find any, I moaned about spending £20 on a role of ‘selotape’ but it’s pretty good for downtubes and chainstays, it’s messy but actually pretty easy to remove with a hairdryer.

zippykona

I used clear gorilla tape. Seems to work.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

I’m not sure if your son is tearing the heli tape or peeling it off?

If he is tearing it, is it the thickest stuff they make?

If it is peeling, does the mastic tape have a stronger adhesion? (You can find that in the spec sheet). I know it is self fusing but I don’t know what it’s adhesion to steel is like compared to the thickest heli tape (8673?)

chakaping
    Free Member

Gorilla Tape does a good job but the semi-serrated edges can pick up a bit of dirt IME.

coynie09
    Free Member

Cheers everyone ordered a roll of ebay link above

P-Jay
    Free Member

The tape above might say 2228, but it’s not 3M. It’s only £4 cheaper than the branded stuff.

does the mastic tape have a stronger adhesion?

There’s not a chance in hell it’s coming off unless you really, really want it to. Shit to a blanket doesn’t come close.

fathomer

P-Jay
    The tape above might say 2228, but it’s not 3M. It’s only £4 cheaper than the branded stuff.

Bugger, wish I’d spotted that before I ordered! Oh well. Where are you seeing it for £18, cheapest I can see is just over £20 from China?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘2228 Tape’ is closed to new replies.