Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 215×63 shock replacement ?
  • professor_fate
    Free Member

Might need a new shock for my Alpine 160 as the old ctd one is wearing.What’s a decent budget option that’s likely to be available – very limited stock availability from the usual suspects.
    Nothing fancy needed…

wiganer
    Free Member

I went through this recently on the same bike. Ended up going for a CCDB Coil IL with progressive spring. Massive difference to the bike vs the CTD, and not a lot of weight penalty (I’m 16 stone so weight doesn’t really matter!)

I did get the pívot bearings replaced at the same time too.

poah
    Free Member

for an air shock look at the manitou mara pro or Mcleod

a coil the DB IL or piggy back coil

professor_fate
    Free Member

I think an air unit is more my style – not being a particularly speedy/jumpy rider. With the Manitou is servicing/spares likely to be an issue a couple of years’ down the line?

poah
    Free Member

Manitou has plenty of spares for old forks and shock. Plus you can hone service them

5lab

I’ve a fox vanilla rc that did 6 months service on a banshee before I snapped it. Any use?

fooman

I recently bought a new 216×63 Monarch Plus RC3 DebonAir from German site GoCycle.de worked out about 235 GBP delivered including a pair of bushes which saves 20 GBP.

Possibly the worst looking ecommerce site ever, but I’ve used them a few times stuff arrived within a week. They also sell on eBay if you prefer but the web site is a little cheaper.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘215×63 shock replacement ?’ is closed to new replies.