Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • 20yrs of service with my employer….UPDATE
  • bruneep

Following on from this thread….

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/to-mark-20yrs-of-service-with-my-employer

when I got this..

Well yesterday i got this..

flame away again 🙄

Raindog
    Free Member

Apparently after five years with my employer I get a pen – after ten I get some whisky glasses, and after 20 years a decanter (why anyone would want any of these as a long service gift I can’t imagine). What I don’t get is time to run a business on the side like most firemen I know. Oh, I don’t get a pension either. Nice medal – thanks, and well done.

bruneep

A flaming in the first post.

bravo.

hora
    Free Member

Bruneep as a member of the public I’d like to say thank you to you.

I’d also like to buy you a drink when we meet in the future. 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What, you still complaining ?

Last time you weren’t happy because of the diminutive nature of your award, but now you’ve got a proper medal you’re still not happy ! What do you expect – an invitation to Buckingham Palace ?

Just pin it on your uniform, wear it, and stop wingeing, ffs.

yossarian
    Free Member

At least they are getting bigger

bruneep

cant see where I’m complaining on the post.

just letting you all know where your taxes are going.

Dobbo

It’s got the queen on it, I’d get the ball peen hammer on it and fashion it in to something more useful, maybe an eggcup?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

cant see where I’m complaining on the post.

That’s why I put a question mark. The “flame away again” comment by you made me think that perhaps you weren’t happy.

I’m glad you are happy.

Why did you expect to be criticised ?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

What did you get awarded by your second job? 😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

i dont get anything as a reward for my services, and i dont get time to run a business on the side, and i dont get a pension. but i’m jolly happy that the fire service people get some recognition 😀

good work sir! remember there are people out there who genuinely appreciate the emergency services, shame they’re not the vocal ones 🙄

konabunny
    Free Member

I think that’s a very nice medal. Course, if you’d tried harder, you would have got the GREAT Conduct Medal and not just the good conduct one.

Naah, just kidding. Congratulations. Great work. I’d never be able to do your job.

hora
    Free Member

Let someone let off steam about their job. FFS hes doing a sterling job in the first place for two decades. I don’t get STW sometimes, never happy with someone elses good work.

Let him blow off and **** thank him for his work so far on our behalf.

rOcKeTdOg

chance of getting burned to death on any shout, bricks thrown at you by yobs whilst trying to put out the fire thay have started, you deserve more than a medal!

i hope raindog is never stuck in a burning building and needs rescuing

Schweiz
    Free Member

I guess I shouldn’t complain:

After 10 years of service: £700
    After 15 years of service: £700
    After 20 years of service: £1000
    After 25 years of service: £2500 with certificate, gift and flowers
    After 30 years of service: £700
    After 35 years of service: £700
    After 40 years of service: £1500 with certificate and flowers
    After 45 years of service: £1500 with certificate and flowers
    After 50 years of service: £1500 with certificate and flowers

Number of years of service and additional holiday days
    25 3 days
    40 1 days
    45 1 days
    50 1 days

25 years gift is normally worth about £1000 (gold watch, travel vouchers etc)

hels
    Free Member

Do they do an AWESOME conduct medal ?? That I want to see.

(and leave the Fireman guy alone people, how many of you would want to haul dead teenagers out of crashed cars on a dark and rainy saturday night ? Nothing but respect from me)

mooman
    Free Member

Fire fighters do a potentially dangerous job for sure. Its on par with the police.

My gratitude and respect is more so with the nurses who face potential dangers on a more daily basis and do a harder job inbetween.

A medal though? Bit of a pet rock though i think.

jon1973
    Free Member

Difficult to get an idea of scale, but does that Good Conduct Medal double up as one of those tokens that you can use as a deposit in a supermarket trolly instead of a pound coin? Very useful.

hora
    Free Member

Make that two drinks. As Binners will tell you getting one out of me is like bleeding blood from a stone.

TooTall
    Free Member

What do you want – a medal? You got one. It is how your employers recognise 20 years service. What would you prefer? I bet the taxi company you work for in your spare time won’t be so generous.

konabunny
    Free Member

Ignore me, I’m going off topic.

Dobbo

I’m going off topic.

Yeah and we wouldn’t want that on STW would we. 😆

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve watched ladder49 and i can safely say its a dangerous job. although i was frustrated nobody rescued a cat from a tree.

morgs
    Free Member

Bruneep as a member of the public I’d like to say thank you to you.

I’d also like to buy you a drink when we meet in the future.

+1

consider my cap well and truely doffed

Woody
    Free Member

LOL at this and the other thread. Good stuff bruneep.

The ambulance service is way ahead of you in that you also get a dinner and as pointed out ^^, nursing is where the adrenaline fix is these days. Bit too late to change career I suppose 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

Only ten more years till you have full contributions in your final salary pension scheme, some of us have to work for forty years not thirty.

johnners
    Free Member

What I don’t get is time to run a business on the side like most firemen I know. Oh, I don’t get a pension either.

Only ten more years till you have full contributions in your final salary pension scheme, some of us have to work for forty years not thirty

Maybe you two should have joined the Fire Brigade then, eh?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Sorry I’m not sure why a nurse has a more dangerous job than a Policeman or Fireman?

philconsequence
    Free Member

depends what type of nurse and what kinda patients you work with 😈

but even as a nurse i think firemen and paramedics and police and stuff are put in very dangerous situations on a much more frequent basis!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Maybe you two should have joined the Fire Brigade then, eh?

I have to be trained as a Firefighter as part of my role and get something like £170 a year for the pleasure. 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

to mark 5 years’ service in my last job, i got made redundant…

Woody
    Free Member

I have to be trained as a Firefighter as part of my role and get something like £170 a year for the pleasure.

Think yourself lucky. First aiders who train for at least a day to do my job rarely get any extra pay. It’s a scandal 8)

M6TTF
    Free Member

f all for any number of years here!

konabunny
    Free Member

Only ten more years till you have full contributions in your final salary pension scheme, some of us have to work for forty years not thirty.

You know what would make you a lot more comfortable in your retirement? If everyone else got screwed as much as you did.

bruneep

pish! more like 4yrs til we get this Hutton report 2011

thanks for positives and to the haters

rkk01
    Free Member

My father was awarded the Imperial Service Medal, ISM, for his lifetime of work for the Royal Dockyards.

It was colloquially known as the “In Saturday Mornings”

Raindog
    Free Member

Apparently after five years with my employer I get a pen – after ten I get some whisky glasses, and after 20 years a decanter (why anyone would want any of these as a long service gift I can’t imagine). What I don’t get is time to run a business on the side like most firemen I know. Oh, I don’t get a pension either. Nice medal – thanks, and well done.

Go on then, tell me why this is a “flaming” and why I deserve to die in a flaming building ? I’ve stated nothing that isn’t absolutely factual, and I said thanks and well done. My conclusion, Bruneep, is that you have a huge chip on your shoulder.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nurse get thumped fairly often – but very rarely killed. However most of the thumps are from little old ladies with dementia who get a bit stroppy. One kicked my shins once. Stung a bit.

Woody
    Free Member

Interesting Raindog.

If your employer has all these service awards you speak of, it is presumably a well established ‘old’ business. Why no Company pension, or is that your choice?

El-bent
    Free Member

Whenever I see something like this, I can’t help humming “we hate it when our friends become successful” by Morrisey.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘20yrs of service with my employer….UPDATE’ is closed to new replies.