Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 20th 'MTB' anniversary
  • richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

November 2011 marked the 20th Anniversary of my first mountain bike race.

Thats two thirds of my life, almost 150 races, countless miles, a lot of punctures, a couple of good results and A LOT of entry fees 🙂

Included in amongst them are some amazing highlights – the first ever UK 24 hr race (it rained the whole time!), 10 of the last 11 Roc D’Azurs, 3 different XC World Cup Courses and a whole bunch more.

I’m quite proud of that history really.

Here’s to hoping I’ll make another 20!

kennyp
    Free Member

Good going. Hope the next 20 are just as good.

corroded
    Free Member

Nice one – quite a racing history.

I realised recently that it’s been 25 years since I started mountain biking (I’d been riding off-road for years on bikes my Dad had rescued from the tip, but for the first time I had a ‘proper’ mountain bike with Farmer Johns and everything). A quarter of a century doing something I love (and not getting much better at it) – got to be happy with that.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Corroded – Like you I cant really remember when I started actual ‘mountain biking’ but it cant be a lot before 1991 (my first race) as I was 11 then!
    What I do know is that it was on the Quantocks and I’m still not bored of them!

charliedontsurf

Adapting bikes for offload started in 1979 for me, not what you would call a mountain bike but it’s still messing around in the woods on a bike.

Happy 20th birthday Richie

D0NK

First mtb when I was 16 I think so not hit mtb20 just yet.

Adapting bikes for offload started in 1979 for me

adapting? I just rode a racer round rivi, slick tyres n’all. Scary and was constantly getting my wheels trued 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘20th 'MTB' anniversary’ is closed to new replies.