Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 20mm bolt thru + 135qr wheel recommendation
  • Ogg

I want a new 29er wheelset front’s 20mm and rear is “standard” 135qr both of which these days seems to be a bit obscure!

Under £400 preferably and tubeless obviously…

In the past I would have gone for stans on hope most likely arch rims.

Northwind

Other’n boost vs non boost, most quality 142 wheels will adapt to QR, might mean buying adaptors though.

bigblackshed

Hope.

135mm rear comes with QR and 142mm end caps as standard. Fronts come with QR, 15mm, or 20mm as options.

Shop about out and you can pick them up for £360 ish.

Ogg

Are the hope rims any good? I’d heard they weren’t as good as the stans rims for tubeless?

bigblackshed

The Hope rims are excellent.

Easy to tubeless, the Enduro rims have taken my abuse as a clumsy, no-talent, smash through everything, fattened lump. Now got a set of W35, but not ridden them in anger yet.

My experience of Stans? Soft cheese, over priced, rubbish.

Northwind

Hope rims are fine for tubeless- but a wee bit overweight for what you get compared to the best from DT and WTB, and they don’t have as wide a range. Good option though

If you’re buying into an old standard it always makes sense to look for used stuff- in fact top end kit depreciates fastest as it becomes “obsolete”. Basically, you can turn mtb industry bullshit to your own advantage

granny_ring

Buy a 2nd set of Hopes and you can get adapters to suit on here or elsewhere for around a tenner or less.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘20mm bolt thru + 135qr wheel recommendation’ is closed to new replies.