Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 291 total)
  • 2023 Chub Club
  • stumpyjon

Nearly to target, I Kg down but my god the last few weeks have been hard.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

82.2kg for me this week which is a tad up from last week. But after a week of being ill and a few weeks of kitchen renovation meaning no exercise and eating whatever food is to hand as everything is boxed up i’m ok with it. I did manage to squeak under 82kg at one point on an unofficial mid week weigh in, but not eating much and mild dehydration from working all day and not stopping felt like cheating and not a healthy approach to weight loss…plus it was shot to b*ggery the next day when we had a takeaway for dinner!

MoreCashThanDash

Heavier than my starting weight, 2kg heavier than than my lowest weight in this period.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Keep at it MCTD, hopefully the hard work will pay off eventually at the gains will show. for all who have given this a go you have my upmost respect for putting yourself out there with both the ups and the downs. It’s been a suckerpunch at times seeing the scales and wondering where all my hard work had gone, but joining in this years Chub Club has been the catalyst for mental change and it’s something i’m going to be conscious of beyond the 12wks. I hope that whatever the scales say for you this holds true for you too and i’ll be cheering you on from the sidelines in all your efforts

Edit: i hope that came across as supportive and not preachy

reluctantjumper

84.6kg this week, just putting on weight thanks to meds and other stuff decimating my free time. This week has been particularly tough with long days in work and really long commutes home so have had no time to cook at home, ate a lot of crap and still been hungry!

Week off work next week but got lots of family stuff to take care of so no time to relax, definitely won’t help with reversing the trend upwards.

FB-ATB

1kg off target- could be tough going in 1 week but hopefully be close.

alansd1980

Damn it.

Last seen to have bounced close to where I was 2 months ago!

On Friday we had a go live of a 2 year project which has meant long days and I tend to eat crap when stressed. No time to train Loki’s stress is a bad combination for me! On top of that, last ash day I had a 100k ride which all went pretty well. At the end I had a snack and was planning on eating a proper meal at home. Walked in the door and daughter had done her ankle in on the trampoline so spent the next 4 hours in a and e with no food or water.

When I don’t eat properly after a big ride I am hungry for days and so I basically ate all the food I got my hands on.

Was out last night for wedding anniversary dinner.

Hopefully a a lot of it is water etc and will come down after a bit of discipline for a couple of weeks!

dantsw13

I didn’t join the STW chub club this year, but have been following a coached diet/exercise plan called The Sixpack revolution (hate the name but love the programme)

It is 75 days, and I’m 2 weeks to go. They tell you not to weigh yourself, as it’s about body shape and fitness rather than weight. Obviously I did though! So far 2 stone down and much fitter/stronger.

Basic concept is 6 meals a day of clean eating, with nutritionally balanced meals. Incrementally building daily exercises – started at 10 press-ups a day, currently up to 100 daily. Strength based not cardio.

I found I needed a structured programme and it has really worked so far.

blitz

3 weeks of stagnation is a bit disappointing but my fitness is continuing to improve. I’ve had a few big rides and felt really good. Also ran a 5 mile loop in 8:50/mile pace that I was running at 10:00/mile at the start of this. I think I have taken my foot off the gas a bit with my diet. Need to be more strict with myself. I’m not going to make target which was a 10kg loss, but I’m still happy with progress.

Wally

Half way there and definitely living on a prayer.(Aimed for 5kg – achieved 2.5)
    Good luck on the final scores folks.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Crept back up to 82.4 which is disappointing, but understandable after three weeks of eating badly due to no kitchen and no exercise due to renovating said kitchen. Along with my running I’m giving myself an extra three weeks into April to reach my targets, and hopefully continue the mindset way into the year.

As Wally said, good luck all

tetrode
    Free Member

Didn’t get all the way down but got within a kg and lost 5kg overall which I’m super happy with, especially since it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and my girlfriend and I polished off about 1 and a half chocolate cakes between us. Got in a good routine now and looking to lose another 2.5kg over the next month or two and I’ll be super happy and ready for summer!

FB-ATB

0.5kg off target, but lost 7.5kg overall. Hopefully got in to better food habits (less snacking) to help get to target and a bit lower in coming months, then maintaining.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Dropped below target for a few weeks but having spent only 2 nights at home so far in March my diet and exercise have been a bit to pot and climbed back up to 81. Still very pleased with having got under 80 at all and, all being well, should get rid of some of the excess when things are back to normal over the next few weeks.

yanboss

Missed my target but down 4 kg so happy with that. Seem to have plateaued last few weeks so will need to change something. Other than eat less cake any suggestions?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Other than eat less cake any suggestions?

Picolax on your cake?

ernie67

Oh well, that’s that then. Looking back i’d given myself a completely unrealistic target weight to begin with – what i’d like to be instead of what i could realistically lose. I’ll be 56 in April and to be honest i’ve found it hard to shift weight the last few years, but i’ve nearly a stone down since the start and still losing every week, so i’m still quite chuffed. Hopefully i can push on now and lose the rest.
    Well done everyone.

retrorick

I think I’m pretty much the same weight as when I started. Not dropped any weight anyway. I might start to lose a bit during summer as I’ll probably be more outdoor active and eat more salad 🤔.

FB-ATB

I’ll be 56 in April

Old git! I’m a sprightly (gammy knee notwithstanding) 55 & have lost 10kg since middle of December so it’s do-able.

reluctantjumper

85.1kg finishing weight, a solid increase of 2.4kg. An abysmal showing by myself and only a kilo of my heaviest since the beginning of the pandemic!

All is not lost though, it has opened me up to the fact that my current life situation is really not good for my health, fitness and mental well-being so I have to make changes before the next Chub Club.

Congratulations to everyone who managed to lose something, however small or large!

blitz

8kg lost since Xmas and 6kg off since the start of this. That’s despite not losing much at all in the last 4 weeks. So overall really pleased.

I think by far the biggest factor to be honest has been massively reducing my alcohol intake. Had got into the habit of drinking wine at home far too regularly really. Did dry Jan and the weight started coming off steadily. Started drinking again in Feb and found my weight loss plateaued and didn’t really enjoy it as much as before. So basically since then I’ve largely abstained other than a couple of occasions when I’ve been out, which is probably much more how I need to be I think.

My diet has improved too, but not as much as it could’ve. Cutting out the booze has been far easier than treats, but I have tried. Just not done as well with that. Things are going in the right direction though and I’m pretty sure I’m the fittest I’ve ever been at this stage of the year so a nice platform to build on. My Strava fitness score is the same now as it was at the end of last summer.

ratherbeintobago

Only lost 1kg but it’s better than putting it on…

As @retrorick says, hopefully as the weather improves…

stumpyjon

Missed my target by 1kg but still down an massively fitter. Managed 250 miles of riding so on target for 1000 miles this year which I’ve never achieved, should get easier to rack up the miles as the weather gets better and the days are longer although I did get out this morning despite the rain and a 20mph head wind so proud of myself for that.

I’m keeping going but under no illusion I need to start reducing calorie intake, exercise and no snacking is going to ct it going forward.

coconut
    Free Member

Hello, well done to those that finished this one. There will be a few months break in Chub Chub, to allow you all to get back up to a “health” weight .. Maybe a “Summer Chub Club” is on the cards! – June/July.

alansd1980

I only managed to drop 3kg but at 42 am the lightest and close to the fittest I have probably even been. The best thing I find about this process is finding what works and what’s sustainable.

A beer staying as a beers not 6 or 7 and impacting my diet and motivation was the biggest improvement I have made and probably dropped 8-10kg off my weight a few years back.I think this round of chub club the idea of intermittent fasting is going to help me long term. It’s common sense but cutting out late evening snacking means I am hungry at breakfast. If I am not hungry because of a late or big meal, I have been skipping breakfast.

Going to have to go back to my fitness pal to track!

Well done all

ernie67

Ha ha, thanks FB-ATB – respect from one old git to another!

FB-ATB

& thanks to coconut for setting this up.

ratherbeintobago

Does anyone (else) fancy carrying on?

stumpyjon

I definitely am whether on here or not. We can expand the spreadsheet easily enough.

ratherbeintobago

Now the weather has improved and the dietary horror that was a 10yo’s week-long birthday celebrations have passed…

FB-ATB

expand the spreadsheet easily enough

With all the conditional formatting? I anticipated you would have formatted it to come up with a message criticising us when the end weight was > target😀

stumpyjon

You want more conditional formatting, right ho.

alansd1980

I am keen to carry on.

Knowing the weigh in is coming keeps me honest!

retrorick

I’ll carry on weighing in as well.
    The next few months might actually be the months where i begin to make progress.

stumpyjon

I’ve updated the spreadsheet to include another 8 weeks or so, still running off the same weekly target reduction as originally committed to. Worryingly not one of us who kept at it actually hit our goal weight.

Summers coming, nights are longer, time to get out and ride the flab off.

FB-ATB

thanks!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Daft question – can I see (well I can’t, that’s why I ask, but that could easily be me being blind) what I put in as target in the first instance?

EDIT: Ahhhh, formatting thing on sheets on my phone, I can’t tell the are hidden columns, nor indeed can I unhide them.

mark88

Thanks @stumpyjon

I missed a few weigh ins due to working away, and as a whole slipped off. I’ve had a good couple of weeks so keen to keep on it.

stumpyjon

I’ll tweak it further so we can add a new 12 week target.

FB-ATB

Bugger, back up 0.5kg

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 291 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.