Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • 2022 Chub Club
  • Premier Icon coconut
    Free Member

Solid start for me, 3kgs off in week one

Crikey!.. that’s a huge amount of weight to shift in week one, good going.

Premier Icon fenlander
    Free Member

Thanks for organising. 3rd try for me. Big drop in week 1, but I think that is just down to having less Christmas / holiday junk in the system as it were. This week was all about eating clean, next week hope to ramp up the exercise too. Good luck everyone.

Premier Icon reluctantjumper

Only a 0.3kg drop this week but I’ve still had a few of the Christmas treats around that needed to be finished off so that’s been an issue. All gone now and I have a few weeks of working at a placement with a decent amount of physical work so that should help burn a few extra calories. My bike training in an attempt to try and get ready for the spring kicks off this week too so hopefully things should go in the right direction quickly this time.

Premier Icon stripeysocks
    Free Member

I have buried the Xmas treats from a straggling visit in the bowels of the freezer and went out and exercised. Need to wrench my outlook round to enthusiasm about fat loss rather than enthusiasm about cake! At the moment I am literally drilling at the thought of those rock hard frozen chocolatey morsels. Am going to make some herbal tea….

Premier Icon blitz

4lb off which is a nice start. Often the way with me in the first week. Need to keep going steady now.

Premier Icon idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Forgot it was weigh-in day yesterday so did it this morning after managing to get out for a run – first actual exercise for longer than I’d like to admit..! Just over 2kg down, which is a good start, and probably due to stopping the Xmas Xcess 🤣

Premier Icon WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A bit of evidence that Consume Less, Do More diet works. Mostly cutting out alcohol and swimming a couple of times a week when it is too wet and miserable (the weather, not me) to ride.

First time under 16 stone for a long time. Aiming for low 14 stone area.

Not sure if this is encouragement or a brag but I thought I would share.

Premier Icon coconut
    Free Member

Morning all, I’m on target, I think dry January is certainly helping. Not too late to join still, just add your details into the spreadsheet.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Weather and evening commitments put the kibosh on any proper exercise this week, and my usual reaction to chaos at work gas been to dive into the snack cupboard.

0.3kg back on, still fractionally down overall.

Premier Icon ernie67

Stuck to my diet , biked 5 times in 7 days … and I’ve lost nowt 😞

Premier Icon oldschool

Another couple of kg down. As I said last week, a better diet post Xmas plus kick starting exercise does wonders.

Premier Icon Wally

Thanks Coconut for doing this, down a little.

Premier Icon jodafett

Another couple of kg down. As I said last week, a better diet post Xmas plus kick starting exercise does wonders.

Out of interest what exercise are you doing? I’ve sat on a turbo nearly everyday for two weeks and hardly lost a thing! Running takes the weight off me but I’m injured just now and can’t run!

Premier Icon docrobster

It’s definitely working for me. 4kg off in 10 days.
    Thanks for giving me the encouragement to actually do this. Dry January helps too. Had some friends round for a meal last night that I cooked. Only one of the 6 of us drinking. Found a nice 0.5% milk stout I could happily drink long term.

Premier Icon coconut
    Free Member

My dry January seems to be paying off, still on target. How’s everyone getting on ?

Premier Icon olddog

1/2 kg this week, 2kg down on start weight- which is more or less on target so I’m happy with that so far

Premier Icon idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Missed last week’s weigh-in but remembered this morning – down 3kg overall so far with (embarrassingly) minimal exercise. Been eating better, less of the processed stuff, and trying to save drinking for weekends!

Premier Icon trumster
    Free Member

Well done to those that have lost weight or adjusted to a healthier lifestyle.

I’m down a total of 0.5kg which is a bit disappointing for me as that is my weekly target, not my 3 week target.

I’ve upped my physical activity (both structured and unstructured), gone back to fasting between 6pm and 8am and reduced the sugary snacks. All that has dropped me 100g in a week; I’m sure it will be worth it in the long run but my short terms gains are a bit of a downer.

Premier Icon reluctantjumper

Another week of losing more than required, very happy with that. Just got to resist the temptation to have a bit of a blowout in celebration and undo all that work!

Premier Icon oldschool

Out of interest what exercise are you doing? I’ve sat on a turbo nearly everyday for two weeks and hardly lost a thing! Running takes the weight off me but I’m injured just now and can’t run!

Running, nothing massive just a 5k route from my front door.
    Also getting out on the bike more.

I put one kg on this week though. But I’m blaming an overnight work meeting this week and umpteen pints of Guinness and the triple stack burger in the bar.

Premier Icon tagnut69
    Free Member

A slow week for this one, the wife had the lager lurgy so I had to isolate too. not being able to ride and cupboard full of christmas crap didnt help

Premier Icon dannybgoode

Hmm – slowly slowly but it is coming down. Need a couple of decent weeks to hit my mid-term on-track goal. I am eating better, I just need to bring some exercise to the proceedings…

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.