Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • 2022 Chub Club
  • coconut
    Free Member

Solid start for me, 3kgs off in week one

Crikey!.. that’s a huge amount of weight to shift in week one, good going.

fenlander
    Free Member

Thanks for organising. 3rd try for me. Big drop in week 1, but I think that is just down to having less Christmas / holiday junk in the system as it were. This week was all about eating clean, next week hope to ramp up the exercise too. Good luck everyone.

reluctantjumper

Only a 0.3kg drop this week but I’ve still had a few of the Christmas treats around that needed to be finished off so that’s been an issue. All gone now and I have a few weeks of working at a placement with a decent amount of physical work so that should help burn a few extra calories. My bike training in an attempt to try and get ready for the spring kicks off this week too so hopefully things should go in the right direction quickly this time.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

I have buried the Xmas treats from a straggling visit in the bowels of the freezer and went out and exercised. Need to wrench my outlook round to enthusiasm about fat loss rather than enthusiasm about cake! At the moment I am literally drilling at the thought of those rock hard frozen chocolatey morsels. Am going to make some herbal tea….

blitz

4lb off which is a nice start. Often the way with me in the first week. Need to keep going steady now.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Forgot it was weigh-in day yesterday so did it this morning after managing to get out for a run – first actual exercise for longer than I’d like to admit..! Just over 2kg down, which is a good start, and probably due to stopping the Xmas Xcess 🤣

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A bit of evidence that Consume Less, Do More diet works. Mostly cutting out alcohol and swimming a couple of times a week when it is too wet and miserable (the weather, not me) to ride.

First time under 16 stone for a long time. Aiming for low 14 stone area.

Not sure if this is encouragement or a brag but I thought I would share.

coconut
    Free Member

Morning all, I’m on target, I think dry January is certainly helping. Not too late to join still, just add your details into the spreadsheet.

MoreCashThanDash

Weather and evening commitments put the kibosh on any proper exercise this week, and my usual reaction to chaos at work gas been to dive into the snack cupboard.

0.3kg back on, still fractionally down overall.

ernie67

Stuck to my diet , biked 5 times in 7 days … and I’ve lost nowt 😞

oldschool

Another couple of kg down. As I said last week, a better diet post Xmas plus kick starting exercise does wonders.

Wally

Thanks Coconut for doing this, down a little.

jodafett

Another couple of kg down. As I said last week, a better diet post Xmas plus kick starting exercise does wonders.

Out of interest what exercise are you doing? I’ve sat on a turbo nearly everyday for two weeks and hardly lost a thing! Running takes the weight off me but I’m injured just now and can’t run!

docrobster
    Free Member

It’s definitely working for me. 4kg off in 10 days.
    Thanks for giving me the encouragement to actually do this. Dry January helps too. Had some friends round for a meal last night that I cooked. Only one of the 6 of us drinking. Found a nice 0.5% milk stout I could happily drink long term.

coconut
    Free Member

My dry January seems to be paying off, still on target. How’s everyone getting on ?

olddog

1/2 kg this week, 2kg down on start weight- which is more or less on target so I’m happy with that so far

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Missed last week’s weigh-in but remembered this morning – down 3kg overall so far with (embarrassingly) minimal exercise. Been eating better, less of the processed stuff, and trying to save drinking for weekends!

trumster
    Free Member

Well done to those that have lost weight or adjusted to a healthier lifestyle.

I’m down a total of 0.5kg which is a bit disappointing for me as that is my weekly target, not my 3 week target.

I’ve upped my physical activity (both structured and unstructured), gone back to fasting between 6pm and 8am and reduced the sugary snacks. All that has dropped me 100g in a week; I’m sure it will be worth it in the long run but my short terms gains are a bit of a downer.

reluctantjumper

Another week of losing more than required, very happy with that. Just got to resist the temptation to have a bit of a blowout in celebration and undo all that work!

oldschool

Out of interest what exercise are you doing? I’ve sat on a turbo nearly everyday for two weeks and hardly lost a thing! Running takes the weight off me but I’m injured just now and can’t run!

Running, nothing massive just a 5k route from my front door.
    Also getting out on the bike more.

I put one kg on this week though. But I’m blaming an overnight work meeting this week and umpteen pints of Guinness and the triple stack burger in the bar.

tagnut69
    Free Member

A slow week for this one, the wife had the lager lurgy so I had to isolate too. not being able to ride and cupboard full of christmas crap didnt help

dannybgoode

Hmm – slowly slowly but it is coming down. Need a couple of decent weeks to hit my mid-term on-track goal. I am eating better, I just need to bring some exercise to the proceedings…

franksinatra

1.6 kg this week. Took too long to get started on this but on it now so hoping for more of the same.

I’d brutalise a bacon sandwich though….

cheers_drive

0.9kg this week. 2.5kg in total. However, the easy bit during dry January is over, all other years have slowed then stopped by April before ending up again where I started. Hopefully I can offset with exercising more this year.

MoreCashThanDash

85.4kg. So I’ve found about a kilo that one of you other buggers claims to have lost.

reluctantjumper

Was looking at a decent drop this week but I had a meal out with the company I’ve been working on a project with for the last 4 weeks last night. A bloody lovely fillet steak, trimmings and lots of garlic bread means I’m up a bit today. Hopefully it’ll fall straight back off but I’ve managed to create a bit of a buffer anyway so a small blip isn’t the end of the world.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Depressing result when I got on the scales today so I am going to weigh again after parkrun tomorrow…

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Holding steady at 93.9 (previous weeks didn’t save for some reason?) but still on target. Going to start training for Tough Mudder soon as well, so that should help!

simonalex99

I’m doing well, this time. 2.4kg lost since the start of January. Doing dry January which has helped with weight loss, intermittent fasting (16:8, eat in a 8 hour window) and going to gym/walking/cycling. I’m going to keep going with cutting alcohol , fasting and increase exercise as weather is getting better

docrobster
    Free Member

I have put a pound on this week. But it was my birthday on Wednesday and went out for a meal so I’m going to let myself off. I’ll probably miss my week 5 target next week though.

didnthurt

On January 1st this year I was 5kg more than I was the same time the previous year. I’ve now lost 2kg since then. I look a bit leaner too.

Goal is to lose another 6kg to get back to my September 2020 weight. 🤞

At my lightest for goodness knows how many years – 13st 5lb this morning, down from 15st this time last year. I’ve done nothing drastic apart from healthier eating. Go to the gym, but that’s just weights. I move around quite a bit at work, but no specific cardio. Bike riding, what’s that?

13thfloormonk

Came out of Christmas and successive injuries/lurgies 5kg heavier than my ‘normal’ weight which is still 5kg heavier than my target!

I think I’ve got the easy gains out of the way, quickly down to 88kg from 90kg, but I think that’s just from reducing crisps and midweek junk. Now it feels like a long game at 0.5kg a week for 20weeks! 😬

Anyone found a good alternative to booze and crisps for dealing with work stresses? Am pretty powerless to resist come Friday evening, wondering if a decent workout on the bike might be a reasonable substitute, endorphins vs. hops?

Anyone found a good alternative to booze and crisps for dealing with work stresses?

Coke and hookers?

I was a crisp addict for years, but have managed to kick it. I’m partial to a bag of mixed nuts and also a good one for me is – dried mango, but add some salt. You might be surprised

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Grapes? Nice sugar hit.
    The parkrun managed to shift a bit so KOKO

olddog

Flatlining. Injured elbow has restricted my climbing so I really need to concentrate on other exercise. Also need to reduce snacking – especially bread (with jam or marmalade, peanut butter, cheese, hoummus, etc)

franksinatra

0.9kg gone this week which is not bad considering it included a rare outing to the pub and a few bigger meals than were necessary.

So that is 3kg lost this year, another 5kg to go to get to my post COVID weight!

midlifecrashes

Well I did sign up which was a bit daft, January has two family and three close friends birthday months, so I wasn’t expecting to lose any, but the last of them was last weekend so since then it’s been carb replacement for the main meals at home, cauli rice and vegetti from the spiralizer. 14st 11lbs this morning, after a high of 15st1lb. Down a little over 1Kg from the start of the thread, but just the start this week really. Did a solid 45min effort on the turbo last night too.

reluctantjumper

Nearly managed to lose the gains from the week before but then I did miss a Zwift session this week as I want to be rested ready for the group workout that DrP has arranged. Still ahead of target though so all is good so far. Hopefully sticking to a training programme should help the weight fall off!

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Level this week but at least not up! Onwards comrades!
    (Shambles off to make a salad. No, really!)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.