Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 2022 Canyon Neuron AL tops out at £2,649
  • Ben_Haworth

Canyon describe the latest Neuron as a “super-versatile, ready-for-anything trail adventure bike” but we think that ‘short travel trail bike’ will do just fine.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

2022 Canyon Neuron AL tops out at £2,649

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

MrOvershoot

I’m shocked at how “reasonable” the prices seem!

Oh and the second line of your opening I think you need a “know”

snotrag

Yep, agreed – why do these seem like 2017 retail prices? Very agressive strategy from Canyon?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    footflaps

Amazing that 140mm is considered shorter travel for a trail bike….

footflaps

oh yes and “How much? You could buy half a decent carbon bike for that….”

boxxer7
    Free Member

+ import and vat maybe?

no idea what the setup is for canyon since the split

sharkattack

Nice bikes at sensible prices. I wonder how much it’ll cost by the time it lands on your doorstep on Plague Island.

reluctantjumper

I’ve got the current one (top spec alloy one) and it’s very similar to that new one. It was £2k on the nose before Brexit but jumped up to £2550 delivered in January. So while the new bikes may look like decent value compared to other current models you must remember that there was a 25% price hike 12 months ago.

IHN

Can you do C2W on Canyon stuff?

IHN

I’ve answered my own question – yes

+ import and vat maybe?

VAT/Customs included, only extra is shipping for £70 (£50 shipping, £20 box)

servo
    Free Member

They have actually increased the prices. They were £2450 last week for a NEURON WMN 7.0 which I was waiting to buy for my wife. She has a 2017 which has been very good. For 2022 they have increased the fork travel to 140mm which I don’t think she needs for general riding around. Really looking for a 120mm travel FS. She might be bothered more about the change in colour to be honest!

Just had the email from Canyon saying it is stock to buy after registering my interest a couple of months ago. Oh and by the way, it is £200 more, red rather than some pinky colour and bigger fork travel…

AD

C2W scheme works really smoothly with Canyon – my bike was also delivered early 😃

disben

Anyone ridden this (ie older versions) and / or a Top Fuel 8?

This (AL7) is £130 cheaper on total cost (I can get the Trek Top Fuel 8 via Green Commute Initiative so approx 40% off first £2500 and there is postage etc), plus has full XT compared to a mix of XT and SLX on the Trek. The DT Swiss wheels seem relatively good and similar to the Bontrager Line Comp. The Neuron is also slightly lighter and has slightly more travel (140 vs 120)…

andyspaceman

HOW MUCH?!?!? (for all the right reasons)

Going to see a lot of aluminium Neurons out in the wild. Bravo Canyon for the pricing on those.

superstu
    Free Member

Ah, the bespoke box that canyon make you buy which did such a poor job on my grail it turned up with a dent in the top tube and multiple chips and scratches.

Still, back on track this looks very good 👍

johnw1984
    Free Member

2017 prices for 2017 geometry…

XL reach is shorter than most med/lrg and the seat tubes are very slack for a FS (and long).

Nice spec and nice looking bike for the money, but I don’t think I’d get along with the sizing at all.

winston2005

Agreed prices dare I say it ‘reasonable’.
    I had almost given up hope of buying a replacement for my 2017 t130s

Still lust after Orange Stage Evo or Cotic Flaremax mind….

sanername

Hummmm, might finally have found a bike to replace my 2017 Smuggler. I wonder if it’ll be a bit lighter?

Also, I don’t quite understand how these can have the same angles as a smuggler, a longer top tube, but shorter reach?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘2022 Canyon Neuron AL tops out at £2,649’ is closed to new replies.