Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 429 total)
  • 2021 Chub Club
  • dannybgoode

@doomanic – I wouldn’t lost weight without logging food intake. It’s amazing what difference that couple of slices of bread or handful of nuts or that sneaky chocolate bar make. Particularly on days with a low exercise load…

doomanic

Oh, I know how important it is, I’m just not at the right point mentally to be obsessing over it unfortunately. Or exercising for that matter.

coconut
    Free Member

*****************BREAKING NEWS CHUB CLUB!!!************************

This is the bonus edition: Chub Club has been extended by a further 5 weeks, the new target date is now the 7th May! Those targeting the original date of 2nd April still can, it’s still all in the spreadsheet. With the weather improving and possible changes in Lockdown coming…. I think a bonus extension is much needed. Big well done to those who are maintaining their weekly target weight in Jan/Feb.

stanley

Nice one Coconut… still a chance!

longdog
    Free Member

Excellent news😎 Making good progress, but I’ll be needing further extensions to reach my ultimate goal 😂

petrieboy

Not a great week – But considering the volume of wine I’ve got through, only outing on 100g seems like a win. Back on it properly next week

stumpyjon

Only 300g down but all progress, fitness is improving and trousers starting to feel looser so all going in the right direction. I shall be continuing until I stop, hopefully mid summer at the earliest.

juanking

Good news. I’m almost on track which is impressive considering I’ve had no outdoor exercise at all in January or so far in February. The weather up here in NE Scotland has been atrocious but is looking up. I’m confident I can make up for lost time even though tonight is curry night!!!!!!!!!!!!

coconut
    Free Member

If like me your weight has gone up… it’s likely to be the additional weight of hair, hairdressers being shut and all that 😉 There’s now an extension, so all achievable still. 11 weeks to go.

jodafett

If like me your weight has gone up… it’s likely to be the additional weight of hair, hairdressers being shut and all that 😉 There’s now an extension, so all achievable still. 11 weeks to go.

A welcome extension as I’ve been stuck around the 80kg mark for months! Down to 78.8kg this week tho so it might still be achievable!! 👍🏼👍🏼

longdog
    Free Member

None scale victory today! I could wear a new DHB softshell jersey I got for my birthday last year for a ride . Fort time 😁

dannybgoode

@doomanic – I get that 100%. Its where I’ve been for the last year or two. You’ll get there though. The motivation does come.

longdog
    Free Member

Well that’s not so good only 100g down 😭

Calories all around the same level, though exercise has been down due to my knee flaring up. I am feeling a little heavy, so maybe some inflammation going on. Just have to keep going and hopefully something moves…

MoreCashThanDash

Bloody hell, half a kilo back on this week, massive yoyoing. Actually feeling and looking a smidge fitter though.

My body fat is also yoyoing, not sure if that suggests the aging Tanita scales are knackered or I really am having some sort of manopause

Frankers
    Free Member

-1.7kg this week which I’m really chuffed with. I’ve been limiting my calorie intake to 1500-2000 calories a day regardless of whether I’ve exercised or not. Also cutting out the weekend/evening treats of chocolate or fruit seems to have helped.

stanley

Slight increase this week.
    I did a bit of “comfort eating”… had a headache for 5 days and knee had flared up.
    Excuses, excuses!!

Blood pressure is now way-down though.

northernmatt

down 0.3kg – it’s a loss but I’m miles away from where I need to be to hit the target I set myself. Lack of any exercise whatsoever is hampering things somewhat.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Down another half kilo but feeling quite dead legged as I imagine my glycogen stores are often low. I *do* feel a bit lighter and fitter though so thanks chubclub!

dannybgoode

Hmmm – 0.4kg off which isn’t ideal but I’ve had a dodgy week eating-wise again. Own fault but at least it’s still down and my activity levels are still good. Other health metrics (% body fat, resting heart rate, blood pressure etc) are all going in the right direct also.

Need to get back to more sensible eating though to hit my initial target by the close of the competition 🙂

petrieboy

700g off this week which feels like a solid achievement after a couple of weeks stagnation. Feels like I’ve consolidated the losses to date and ready to shift the last bit in March

reluctantjumper

Back down to 80kgs after my blowout long weekend that I desperately needed. Got up to 80.6kgs after pancake day but lost quite a bit of that quickly, was 79.7kgs on Wednesday but mum’s cake yesterday pushed me back up for weigh day. Now that the big gorging session has blown the cravings out of my system I should get back on track to losing 0.5kg per week now for the remainder. The good news though is that the extra weight doesn’t show at all, really surprised at that.

*****************BREAKING NEWS CHUB CLUB!!!************************

This is the bonus edition: Chub Club has been extended by a further 5 weeks, the new target date is now the 7th May! Those targeting the original date of 2nd April still can, it’s still all in the spreadsheet. With the weather improving and possible changes in Lockdown coming…. I think a bonus extension is much needed. Big well done to those who are maintaining their weekly target weight in Jan/Feb.

Ooh, that’s good news! I really struggled to shift any major weight all of January and February as I couldn’t get any long rides/multiple rides in due to the weather/sunlight, Zwifting helped but isn’t the same. The extra time should mean I can hit 75kgs by May, if I get a good run of it (can we have the same weather as we had last year please!) I may have a chance of hitting the original 73kgs goal.

stumpy01

Back down to 73.6kg this week.

I was down to that a fortnight ago, then up to 74.3kg last week & back down to 73.6 this week.

I tend to take any weekly variation with a pinch of salt & just look at the trend.

Weirdly, I did a workout this morning & forgot to weigh myself beforehand. so before the weigh-in I had consumed:
    1 large banana, 1 cup of tea & about 2/3 of a 750ml of water (so about 500ml) & 2 energy gels. The tea must have been 250ml, so getting on for 1kg consumed before weigh-in, so no idea what it would have been without that.
    How much sweat can you lose in a 45 minute session!? It felt like a lot 🙂

stumpyjon

I tend to take any weekly variation with a pinch of salt & just look at the trend.

I use the average of the last five days, evens out the effects of a brew before bed time etc., a cup of tea is 300 grams or a couple of beers on a Friday night can be a kilo of extra weight for a one off weigh. Still lost half a kilo this week so pleased with that, healthy continuous loss is better than crash dieting.

ernie67

After putting 2lbs on the week before I was chuffed to bits to lose 4 this . No big secret , just cut down on my portion size and hey presto!
    Thumbs up from me about the date extension – May looks more realistic to get to my target if I’m honest.

dannybgoode

1.7kg off this week – happy with that. Had a quiet week exercise-wise however I have been pushing it hard so just taken in a few easy works etc and let my body recover and recharge for another push up the fitness ladder. Looking forward to the gyms reopening as well so I can get some more variety into what I do.

Food intake has been ok, not quite as controlled as the early weeks and need to keep an eye on that however it is all still logged in MFP so I am not hiding anything from myself 🙂

Another milestone ticked off also – lost over 10kg now 🙂

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Surprised to see I’d lost another pound or so despite feeling dead on my feet since blood donation on Friday. Weigh Thursday morning after a run and a plethora of bathroom visits as that gives the most cheering results!
    But was so cold after the run and couldn’t get warm. Have now burrowed under the dog…

dannybgoode

And god only knows why I did my weigh-in today when it’s Thursday. I have had it in my head that today is Friday and have done since Tuesday. Don’t know what’s going on. Will update again tomorrow! As you were…

longdog
    Free Member

A disappointing 200g down this week, but atleast it’s down. 2300-2400cals, but little exercise due to knee issues. Hopefully got the knee on the way to mending which will help , but I might have to drop the cals a couple of hundred. But BMR can’t be far off that anyway and I am doing more than lying down all day

reluctantjumper

79.6kg this week, moving in the right direction again. Strangely even though I ate less than 1800 calories yesterday and did a Zwift race follows by a weights session and walked to the shops and back I still put on 200g overnight! As long as the general trend is in the right direction though I’ll take it.

theotherjonv

Not losing any….knee getting in the way of exercise apart from at the weekend and then limiting the intensity.

Not limiting the trips to the fridge in compensation however.

northernmatt

I’m waiting until tomorrow. Either the scales are broken or it’s because I’ve not been for a no.2 yet but it’s not good news because they say I’ve put a kilo on in a week.

stumpy01

Lost 200g this week – down to 73.4kg.

Definitely going in the right direction. Probably slower than I would like, but then I am not calorie counting & not being massively well behaved to be honest.

As long as I keep a steady downwards trend, I am happy! Not managed to get below 73kg for probably well over a decade, so if I can get there before the end of March I’ll be happy (although by next week would be preferable!).

dannybgoode

Right – 102.8kg having weighed myself on the correct day. I have found this in the past that whilst I am loading the exercise my weight doesn’t come down as much but after a restful week everything adjusts and I lose a bit more weight so I think that’s where the 2.6kg has gone from.

Am having a cheeky Dominos tonight though so may undo all the hard work for next week!

Was a pleasant surprise on Wednesday – put my rucksack on for the first time in a while and really had to tighten the waist strap 🙂

stanley

Some great work above.
    0.8 kg down for me… happy with that after last week’s slight gain!

Lots of knee pain, but I’m doing load of rehab stuff, hitting the Ibuprofen and getting out. Feeling better for it!

Just ordered a new bike… so the dodgy knee better stop complaining 🙂

Robz
    Free Member

Just a 0.3kg loss for me this week but I did weigh in last week after a long run and had an evening off the wagon last Friday to enjoy a nice meal and my first booze/wine since Hogmanay – was definitely good for both body and mind.

Nearly dropped 10kg since the first of Jan (with a quite a bit of muscle mass gone from zero weight lifting) but lots of fat too so still feeling super motivated to press on.

On the plus side the lower upper body mass is definitely making running and cycling up hills much easier…

northernmatt

Okay, so after dropping the kids off at the pool it would appear I’m 0.2kg up on last week which considering I filled myself full of Chinese takeaway last night isn’t too bad.

stumpy01

Robz

Nearly dropped 10kg since the first of Jan

10kg since Jan is amazing!! That’s pretty much 1kg a week! Makes my total of 2.8kg so far seem a bit pathetic!

Robz
    Free Member

Thanks – I have gone at it quite hardcore on the food weighing, calorie tracking and CV exercise. Solid baseline of 2000 kcals per day with extra added depending on amount of exercise. Carbs cycled so low on non-training days. At least 5km walked even on rest days.

There was quite a bit of Christmas bloat that just disappeared within the first couple of weeks and like I said – this approach has definitely cost me muscle mass but I don’t really mind this.

About 15 years ago I stopped cycling and got really into weightlifting/eating and I ended up weighing 115kg – I shed a lot of that about 5 years ago dropping down to about 90 kg but still had more muscle mass than I really needed – particularly as I am really mostly into all sorts of cycling again – so I was happy to cut quite hard.

2.8kgs is a solid effort – its all relative. Well done!

Frankers
    Free Member

Great work Robz 🙂

austy
    Free Member

Some good efforts going on for motivating me.
    Dropped some too this week and back on track hopefully.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 429 total)

The topic ‘2021 Chub Club’ is closed to new replies.