Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • 2021 America’s Cup
  • Premier Icon jonesyboy
    Free Member

Patriot sponsored by Airbus made me chuckle. As for Britannia – how very quaint, lets get the spitfire flyby ready as well huh?

As @twodogs I’ve been windsurf foiling for a few years now, it’s transformed lightwind windsurfing 🙂

Premier Icon Jerome

Going to be interesting on the first race. As a current bowman , would love to see more of this.

Premier Icon sharkbait
    Free Member

As a current bowman , would love to see more of this.

As an ex-bowman I’m glad it’s gone – that said my current ride (https://www.facebook.com/142980159117726/photos/corby-33-imposter-racing-at-abersochthis-design-is-being-relaunched-in-pre-preg-/889719247777143/) swings both ways!!

Premier Icon Twodogs

Envious! I was promised some time on a foiling board this summer in Portland Harbour but then Covid happened.

If get a hint of another chance, grab it with both hands….it’s just fantastic!

Premier Icon eddiebaby

If get a hint of another chance, grab it with both hands….it’s just fantastic!

I tried foiling windsurfers over 20 years ago, but they were surface piercing foils and completely pointless outide a very limited wind range.
    I will try it again.
    I tried a foiling kiteboard a few years back setup but my kiteboarding skills were never that great so that ended as well as can be expected…
    This was how foiling boards used to be…

Premier Icon eddiebaby

Just seen these INEOS pics:
    Wow.

Thats a spaceship not a boat

Premier Icon Twodogs

Yeah I remember those..never tried one. Not sure if you’ve watched the Robbie Naish interview on Windsurfing.TV, but he doesn’t think the current design of foiling windsurfers are “right”…he admits he doesn’t know what right is, but thinks they should be able to go way faster

Premier Icon eddiebaby

Not seen that. I don’t really following windsurfing much these days. I’ll check it out.
    Foilwise it was always the issue of getting enough power to get you foilborne and then not having too much power/drag/weight from the rig. And when it gets windy it usually gets choppy, so ‘fun’ times ahoy!
    I will try one next summer. Looking forward to it.

Premier Icon Jerome

I’m on a prima 38 and love the windy days .
    But to be foiling at these speeds, must be incredible..
    One day maybe if the technology ever drips down..

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.