Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • 2020 XC Training & Racing thread
  • richardk
    Free Member

HONC now cancelled as well (yes, I know it’s not a race)

mick_r

Thanks – will have a look. Hopefully can be sorted where he doesn’t end up out of pocket.

Lad is gutted but understands the situation – he’s put heart and soul into training for this season.

Kryton57

Hope MTB Marathon Round 1 at Builth now cancelled and postponed.

I need to have a good think about suspending being coached and moving to Trainerroad this year perhaps, especially as I’m on a commissions based Job…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Everything affiliated to or sanctioned by BC has been suspended until at least 1st May.

iain65
    Free Member

I also did the Welsh round at FoD on Sunday, didn’t think I’d enjoy the course with the amount of slop but found it great fun, the only problem was I kept losing my chain through the race – 19 times in total so any hope of a decent result went out the window and it turned into a training ride.

The only reason I can think of for the chain problem was running an oval ring with the ‘wrong type of slop’! Chatting at the finish to some people and a friend had the same problem with an oval ring, just not as extreme – he still managed to win his class though, unlike me!

My son had a decent ride in junior to 4th, it took bloody hours to clean two sets of kit afterwards though!

I suspect that might be the first and last race of the year….. 🙁

richardk
    Free Member

Hammers 8 postponed until 3 October.

ac282

Look like this season is gone.
    Just hope the event organisers are still around for next year….

mattbee

Gutted about the Hope marathon. Was my first event of the year. Fingers crossed the Minehead one is far enough away to survive.

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

A quick update for those of you who were planning to join us at the SouthernXC, sadly but somewhat predictably the first few rounds of the series have succumbed to the dreaded lurgy. The plan is to continue with a 5 round series but the first 4 dates will be postponed to weekends later in the year, we are waiting for responses from landowners to confirm that dates we have proposed to them are possible and as soon as we hear we will let you know.

If you have pre entered an affected round I promise an email with more detail is on it’s way but please bear with us for a few days.

Stay tuned to the Facebook page for updates.

Happy riding guys n gals, even if it’s a little lonely…

Twodogs

Hope MTB Marathon Round 1 at Builth now cancelled and postponed

is it? I assumed it would be but I’ve not had an email. Battle on the Beach postponed too

steve_b77
    Free Member

Is it? I assumed it would be but I’ve not had an email.

Yup, announced on their social media channels yesterday

shortcut

There are a worrying number of events going by the board and these are world wide.

From a personal perspective it is messages such as the MSG one make for somewhat uneasy reading. As a racer, and in the given circumstances whilst I am grateful for the offer of refunds from whichever race is cancelled but I would fully expect to take a share of the losses in favour of seeing the events happen in the future or indeed not sending someone into bankruptcy. The money is already spent and gone from my account. I recognise many events companies run on slim margins and as much for the benefit of the racers as for the organisers.

Kryton57

MSG got worse, it look like G’s likely to pack in permanently. I feel for him, such a shame.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Southern XC Rd Pip Park has been cancelled after this:
    https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/about/article/20200527-about-bc-news-Update–Suspension-of-sanctioned-cycling-activity-0

So, whose doing what currently?

It does look more & more like there’ll be no racing, my guess, till the end of August. I had quite a full summer of racing planned & I’m wondering quite how to plan my training.

Any one got any bright ideas? Spend the Summer in bimble mood or train for resumption of racing possibly in September?

mrmo
    Free Member

i had entered the Grand Raid BCVS mid/late august, not surprised, but got the cancellation email yesterday. Entry carried over till 2021.

Kryton57

Well, I’m now on maintenance but have filled the Race gaps with equivalent Zwift races.  I’ve recently finished Build 2 with a 10% increase in FTP and 7kg Weight loss this year, win win… except no racing!

So, we are aiming for the Exposure 24/12 and Torq 12hrs in the hope that one or both will happen!

simondbarnes

I’d be amazed if there was any racing at all this year

ferrals
    Free Member

Welsh xc series cancelled.

cx hopefully starting mid November

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I’ve abandoned all hope of racing this year and made peace with it. Am slowly finding new challenges for myself.

mick_r

Ssuk and Kirroughtree 10 still open for entries on si but not holding out much hope.

trail_rat
    Free Member

You’d be as well going an everesting or something.

Use your fitness for something constructive.

Your delusional if you think there will be mass start racing this year.

Ctt are making noises about individual time trialing being a possibility…..

mrlebowski
    Free Member

So, we are aiming for the Exposure 24/12 and Torq 12hrs in the hope that one or both will happen!

My gut reaction is that the Torq race will probably be the first race of the Summer – down sarf at least. Even then I’d put that at 50/50 at the very best.

Then we’re into the Gorricks & Brass Monkeys.

Kryton57

Your delusional if you think there will be mass start racing this year.

Possibly a bit strong as MTB Marathon and Exposure have both been making noises with regard to managing socially distanced events.  The latter have a plan which has some undisclosed dependencies, which rely on the Governments lockdown relief principles.  They have said they have until the 11th June until they are committed, so expect an announcement soon.

However, that’s all not withstanding that a) both events involve a mass of people camping in a condensed area overnight and b) no one thought they were going on a Spanish holiday a month ago.

As per Mrlebowski, I suspect Torq in your Sleep has more chance than Exposure 24/12.

Personaly though, I’ve worked too hard to turn around my gains after a poor 2019 and I’m not willing to let them slide by slacking off beyond October’s usual break from Training, as I want to carry them into next year.  Hence, I‘m continuing on-plan which has changed very slightly to allow more outdoor rides, and of course I’m a tiny bit slacker on Beer discipline than I might have been.

trail_rat
    Free Member

The latter have a plan which has some undisclosed dependencies,

Like the gbduro plan of this is now a single stage the length of the UK and you must be self sufficient not self supported ….ie you must carry all your food and not use any commercial premises.

Some plan boys.

Kryton57

So the update from BC currently: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/about/article/20200527-about-bc-news-Update–Suspension-of-sanctioned-cycling-activity-0

July 4 – club rides

August 1 – Regional events

September 1 – National events

jasonxlr8
    Free Member

Anyone here going to MSG Thickthorn next week, or did the Haughley round a few weeks ago?

Kryton57

Yes I raced Haughley.  Very well organised with socially distanced gridding and start loops.   I did find toilets and food stands were used far less the previous despite foot sanitation.  Cats are mixed ages but they have presented the results on prior cat e.g. Vets order after the event

I’m not sure if start is random gridding again or based on results but I ended up last rider and had to take 38 places to finish 22nd, so try to wave at G and convince him to send you onto the grid early…

At lot of effort on MSG’s part but a lot of riders too, it’s likely to be busy.

Kryton57

MSG cancelled due to local Covid outbreak :(. Right decision yet unfortunate.

jasonxlr8
    Free Member

First round of Thetford Racing winter series cancelled too.. Not entirely surprising seeing as the Forestry Commission are a pain in the arse to deal with at the best of times; never mind now.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

I’m findin it hard to motivate myself into training for 2021 racing….

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘2020 XC Training & Racing thread’ is closed to new replies.