Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • 2020 Enduro Racing Thread
  • Naughty booked last night 😀

Premier Icon gilesmartin81
    Subscriber

Megavalanche booked again.

Best get fit

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

Right, some advice needed. I have two occasions his summer when I am free from work and family commitments.

12-19th June and 20th -30th july. I am looking for some enduros either in the UK or Europe . Any suggestions? Is there a website that has #alltheenduros in one place?

Thanks!

jaylittle

Just bagged an Ard Dales ticket. Not really much of a launch for this event.

ready

Tempted with the Esk Enduro, and still some tickets available. Has anyone any experience of it?

fooman

Pretty sure Esk is a new event

seanr

Esk valley is a new event, but is organised by a couple of regular racers so should be a good event.

Premier Icon tetrode
    Subscriber

First time racing this year so entered the FOD mini enduro in March as a taster and then the WGES Mashup at Cwmcarn since it’s very local to me, looking forward to them! I think I’ll wear my full face even though I see a lot of people with half lids, can never be too careful especially when riding at the limit.

harryjan

Just realised the first FOD mini enduro is tomorrow…. Anyone cancelled/can’t make it now?

orena45

FoD Mini Enduro yesterday – who raced & how’d you get on?  Shame about having to do Stage 4 again although I might have managed a quicker time second time around!  My first race in Vets and finished 11th so quite happy with that.

Next race for me is SW Kenda Enduro at Haldon.  I hear there’s a killer sprint in there 🙁

gaviscon

I raced at FOD yesterday. Great fun racing in the slop!

My S2 was a calamity, had a minor off at the top and couldn’t pull it back together for the rest of the stage. Apart from that though I was really happy with how I rode. Managed to get 19th/48 in senior, which is probably my best result in terms of % beat to date.

Definitely got a way to go this year, I very quickly realized my fitness wasn’t where it needs to be after the bus stop sprint on S1.

Next up for me is Southern Enduro at QECP

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

I had great fun yesterday, but, my racing was awful, despite trying to do a bit of training this winter issues at home last week meant I was very unprepared also new cleats + loads of slop had me crashing several times, stage 4 was the only one I managed to stay upright, my shoulder is aching now from a crash near the bottom of my first stage (which was stage 3)

great fun but frustrating!

want to race more, but not sure which ones I can make

Premier Icon sarell
    Subscriber

I fancy getting to a few events.
    More to meet people than race, I don’t know anyone who MTB’s!!

Used to do a lot of XC racing in UK + Europe, but just fancy doing some events for the technical fun.

I’m Leeds based but happy to travel if the events are worth it.

Whats a good one to look at?
    I managed to get a ticket for the Ard Dales already.

All the best

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

Have a look at the PMBA Enduro for races near to Leeds

PMBA Enduro

Premier Icon tetrode
    Subscriber

I had to call off the FOD enduro yesterday. It was just too sloppy for me, kept falling off in practice, wasn’t having fun. I just can’t get my head around staying upright on the bike when it’s as muddy as that.

orena45

Definitely got a way to go this year, I very quickly realized my fitness wasn’t where it needs to be after the bus stop sprint on S1.

First race of the year + mud + much pedalling = lots of people feeling exactly the same yesterday including me! I’m really hoping 2020 isn’t going to be a UK ‘Enduro Wet Series’ 😆

@kimbers – ah sorry to hear about the issues. Didn’t see ya around this time. Hopefully will get to ride with you a bit more now we’re in the same category again 🤘

scottfitz

Enduro racing is back, we have worked long and hard to make this happen.

First one back in the uk and we have change the format around a bit, see details here:

Southern Enduro Update 27/07/20 – The Event is on with a venue swap.

orena45

Looking forward to Southern Champs Scott! Minehead always delivers the goods. 👌

Just hoping I can get away with not having a ridiculously early 3hr drive Saturday morning to get there, sign on and then race seeing as there’s no Friday night camping!?

Hob Nob

Not bothering with Minehead, to be honest I’m surprised any racing is happening yet. We were also down for Graythwaite, but that looks to be canned until next year also.

Weird world, looks like at the moment the only race I’m doing this year is the EWS at Finale. Not exactly the prep I expected and were probably only 25/30% expecting that to happen.

Might end up being the year that never happened in that respect.

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

According to PMBA facebook site Graythwaite is going ahead subject to getting enough entries in At the moment they have around 150 entered

Premier Icon Jordan
    Subscriber

Yep, @Tracey is right. Open to voucher holders at the moment but will be opened up for general sales soon.

bigfoot

We were also down for Graythwaite, but that looks to be canned until next year also.

if you were entered you should have had an email about selecting if you want to swap your entry to this years date early september. i’m hoping he does get enough entries, partly as i want to do at least one race this year plus its only 15 minutes up the road from me.

Hob Nob

I’m not bothered about doing it this year, will just get my entry transferred over to 2021.

I saw the email earlier in the week where he was really struggling for numbers, I’d be surprised if it happens.

It’s August next week, kinda over the thought of going racing this year now anyway.

orena45

I’m keeping my 2020 Graythwaite entry in the bank for 2021. Was tempted for the Sept date but it’s a long way from Cornwall so I’d rather get the full ‘epic’ experience next year.

I’m also entered for EWS Finale as a birthday present to myself but have decided I’m not going to do it now. Not enough racing this year to feel confident doing that as a first trip abroad plus still too much uncertainty with CV19 and restrictions. Oh well, next year!

bigfoot

i’ve also got an ard moors entry, don’t think thats been cancelled yet, unless i missed it.
    think that has less of a chance of happening than graythwaite though.

scottfitz

@orena45

Being a master you won’t be starting until at least 11.00 so you won’t need to get their first thing. We are recommending people arrive 30mins before their start time.

No camping on friday night at the venue.

scottfitz

I’m not bothered about doing it this year, will just get my entry transferred over to 2021.

That’s a good point, if your not ready to race most organiser are happy to roll your entries over to 2021.

orena45

Being a master you won’t be starting until at least 11.00 so you won’t need to get their first thing. We are recommending people arrive 30mins before their start time.

@scottfitz I’m in Vets now…please tell me Vets start later 😁🤞

fooman

Kev still seems keen to run Graythwaite this year and I have to say I agree with him – things may not be significantly different next year and the event may be a learning experience for running events in future, so I’m going to support it in 2020 even with the risk of curtailment. I think 150+ have signed up and will be opened up to people without previous entries shortly.

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

Our daughter has moved hers to the Graythwaite one. The guys who run the regional ones aren’t multi nationals and if we don’t get behind them this year we may not have them next year.
    For the foreseeable future we won’t have a clue when and how any of the races will pan out so when they make the effort I think it should go both ways

What date is graythwaite proposed for. I’d buy in if it becomes available to non entry holders

scottfitz

@orena45 your start time is 10.15 ish

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

5/6th Sept 2020 – PMBA Enduro Graythwaite – 2M SD rule
    Entries open Wed 5th Aug 7.00am

orena45

@orena45 your start time is 10.15 ish

Cheers for the head’s up Scott. 👍

Premier Icon twistedpencil
    Subscriber

Just how difficult is Graythwaite? I’m unlikely to trouble the top 2/3rds of the leader board but don’t wont to rock up to an event that I can’t mince down with a smile.

I’ve had four goes at the megavalanche and love that so I’m not entirely without some skills at falling off a mountainside but I’m by no means good at it.

Was down for the Gisburn round, which I did last year, and was hoping to build off that to do a few more rounds this year.  Will Graythwaite be a step up too quickly?

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.