Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • 2019 telly: what are you watching?
  • chrisdw
    Free Member

Just a little PSA. Might be useful for some. But this a great website for keeping track of shows. Also shows when stuff is starting back up again and you can tick stuff off as you watch it.

FYI The mobile website is a bit cack though..

https://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Almost finished The Little Drummer Girl – superb – another Le Carre adaptation, same team as Night Manager
    The Orville, although it seem quite divisive in opinion, I like it
    ABC Murders, not technically watching it yet, its in the queue
    Game of Zombie Dragons winds up later on this year (yay!)

with my taste buds removed:

Midnight Texas – utter cheese, and daft with it
    I might watch Luther, but I reckon it peaked at series 1.

johndoh
    Free Member

Silent Witness – tried to give it a chance but by god it’s painful now. Trying to be current (LBGT story, spiking with ‘trendy’ drugs etc) but it all feels really contrived.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fingerbang
    Free Member

Those fans of the Stewart Copeland drumming doc should watch ‘the art of drumming’ which is in sky Atlantic catch up still. Amazing. Bill ward: “krupa did some astonishing things with his tom Tom’s”
    The final programme in the series is a bit of a let down though as it just rehashes footage from the previous ones for an unnecessary top 10.

This season I’m mostly rewatching game of thrones with my 14 year old but fast forwarding all the sexy time scenes

Recently finished Ozarks and I rate it alongside breaking bad, mostly cos of Ruth langmore’s bad assedness

nbt

On Drums was great.

I fancy The Passage which started on Fox UK last night (the books were great), but I don’t have any subscription TV so won’t be able to see it 🙁

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jan/15/passage-review-mark-paul-gosselaar-saniyya-sidney-justin-cronin-vaccine

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Watched the first two episodes of Titans and I’m pleasantly surprised. Definitely more Daredevil than Arrow and has a bit of realism in it I wasn’t expecting. As far as these things can go anyroads. Just a whiff of Watchmen to it as well.

core

Shooter on Netflix – based on the film, Mark Wahlberg is Exec. Producer. Three seasons, just into the second, good so far! First season was basically all the film, now diverging.

DezB
    Free Member

I fancy The Passage which started on Fox UK last night

Good to see Lee Mack trying some serious acting 🙂

rene59
    Free Member

Recently finished Ozarks and I rate it alongside breaking bad, mostly cos of Ruth langmore’s bad assedness

Julia Garner plays that role so well, best character in the series.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Thread Bumpity.

Just started watching Das Boot, on Ep4 / 8.

Good so far; slow builder, nothing resolving yet, just bits being thrown in the pot.

Amusing to note it is copping lots of flak for not being the 1981 Das Boot, but mainly the point of making a different series based on a different book, as I understand it, would be that it is different. Maybe it should have been title Das Other Boot.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I flicked through the first episode of it, didn’t watch any other episode..

Is it worthy of persistence?

cinnamon_girl

Oh my goodness, what a week for telly. Last night saw the start of a new series of Endeavour which I absolutely love. Meanwhile Tuesday sees the return of a new series of Shetland which will no doubt be full of stunning scenery. On Wednesday is a new Danish/Swedish series on Channel 4 called Greyzone plus a new series of This Farming Life returns which is great news. Sunday is the penultimate episode of the Welsh-speaking drama, Awr, which has been a bit of black comedy in places and certainly different.

<Drum roll> BBC4 this Saturday sees the return of Icelandic series Trapped. Woohoo, can not wait.

No need to pay for Sky/Netflix (which I don’t) when you have these gems available.

martinhutch

Maybe it should have been title Das Other Boot.

Das Re-Boot, shurely?

Quite enjoying it, although I’d prefer more submarine stuff and less hanging around in La Rochelle.

geex
    Free Member

The only TV programs I regularly watch are
    First Dates
    Dinner date
    Take me out
    Take me out – The gossip
    Naked attraction

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Shooter on Netflix – based on the film, Mark Wahlberg is Exec. Producer.

Loved the film so I’m about to give this a go now I’ve cleared my backlog of stuff to watch. Well almost, started on Deadly Class, 3 Eps in.

@cinnamon_girl
    TBH nothing on your list works for me. I got through the original Millenium trilogy and Dark and that is my subtitle appetite slaked for a while.
    The scandinoire genre isn’t really my thing.
    I wish it was as it does seem to be the Golden Age for the large audience who obviouslylike it.
    Not sure about This Farming Life. I just have to sit in my local to hear the sordid details if it is a documentary.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Ha, yes for sure.

The cat and mouse La Rochelle stuff is providing a nice counterpart to the boat storyline, in which I assume some boats will take over playing cat and mouse.

Yes, worth sticking with it, probably without flicking through facebook at the same time, devil is in the details.

Although, ask me again when I’ve watched all 8 episodes.

new series of Shetland

Jolly Hockeysticks. I reckon it should be the last one though. It’s had a great run up to now.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Shout out to the other person who’s still watching ‘The Walking Dead’ along with my Wife.

The 2nd half of series 982 or whatever is back tonight. They’re at the new baddie emerges part of the TWD cycle.

jimdubleyou

the TWD cycle.

But this time it’s Whispering safe place turns not safe place!  I’ve given up on it.

I smashed though Russian Doll on netflix last week.

elsketcho
    Free Member

Just finished watching season 3 of The Expanse on Prime. Wow, possibly my favourite sci-fi programme ever. Can’t recommend highly enough.

beej

Sqeeeeeeeeeeeeel!

The Expanse S3! Finally. Thanks elsketcho.

elsketcho
    Free Member

I smashed out all 13 episodes in 2 days. Well worth the wait. Even though it has been a bloody year.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Shooter on Netflix – based on the film, Mark Wahlberg is Exec. Producer.

I watched the 3 seasons of this and I was pleasantly surprised, the first series is a bit of a rehash of the film to be honest, but it’s good entertainment.

Just finished Haunting of Hill House on Netflix, I don’t go in for horror TV but this was done well and you spend most of your time looking for ghosts in the background.

Started Dirty John last night, based on a true story covered in a podcast, Eric Bana plays the titular John who was quite the sociopath, but to be fair, you cannot help be amazed by Connie Brittons characters utter stupidity and gullibility that it had my wife shouting at her through the telly

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Yeah the Expanse is brilliant, think I’ve got three episodes left.

wallop

I didn’t know about Trapped – that’s fantastic news! I LOVED the first season.

I’m currently watching New Amsterdam on Prime. It’s easy going – kind of House meets Suits meets ER. Very watchable with a nice turn from Freema Agyeman (as in, she is GORGEOUS!).

psling
    Free Member

c-g If you enjoyed The Missing then Tchéky Karyo is back as Julien Baptiste on Sunday…

Fat-boy-fat

The umbrella company on Netflix. Kind of liking it so far. The expanse is also very good.

sadexpunk

wife said shes heard good things about ‘dirty john’.

one episode in and i think its a bit crap but she says plenty of others have also said this but its worth sticking with as it gets a lot better.

anyone seen it? im finding it hard to like any of the characters…..

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Finished Das Boot. Definitely worth sticking with. The resistance storyline ultimately felt a bit contrived in places, the Sub storyline was solid througout. Be interesting to see where it goes in S2.

Currently being amazed by the slow burner that is Escape at Dannemora. Turns out, Ben Stiller is actually really good at directing.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Umbrella academy is good and features a monkey butler so that should really be enough to recommend it.

Doom patrol is a similarly dysfunctional superhero team which after two episodes is decent but not as good as umbrella academy. There’s no monkey butler but there is a very chunky George of the jungle and a farting donkey.

fasthaggis

Just finished the Last Kingdom.(Netflix)
    Excellent

DESTINY IS ALL 🙂

franksinatra

I’m a bit late to the party but we’ve been enjoying Ozark on Netflix

DezB
    Free Member

Currently being amazed by the slow burner that is Escape at Dannemora

Superb that was. Appeared to have been a true story too… or they just made it look that way. (I could look it up I suppose 🙂 )

rone

Alan Partridge back on normal telly tonight.

Ages since I watched that sort of series.

Rickey Gervais – After Life looks good too. (Netflix March 8th) Some good actors in it (Diane Morgan etc). Looks nicely shot too.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Umbrella academy is good and features a monkey butler

I’m sold .

lambchop
    Free Member

Umbrella Academy best series on Netflix in a while.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Celebs going Dating 🙄

I weep for humanity if these people are portrayed as exceptional in any way.

(Apart from Nice but Dim Sam, he’s okay).

cinnamon_girl

PSA – if the weather is making you miserable then you need LAUGHTER in your life, i-player to the rescue.

Twenty Twelve series 1 and 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b01f87nh/twenty-twelve?seriesId=b00yw1t9

W1A series 1, 2 and 3

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b05s9g2q/w1a?seriesId=b03yv1mv

Enjoy!

cinnamon_girl

Bumpity bumpity bump.

Peak Noir was reached some time ago but thought some may be interested in this little gem of a series. It’s Icelandic and set in the 1970’s but unfortunately only runs to four episodes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0008f6w

choppersquad
    Free Member

The Good Place season 4 is back on Netflix. Total take your brain out of gear enjoyment.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Also watched the three British episodes of ‘Criminal’ on Netflix last night.
    Highly recommended.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘2019 telly: what are you watching?’ is closed to new replies.