Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • 2019 telly: what are you watching?
  • cinnamon_girl

Just a mention for those who missed the Welsh drama ‘Hidden’, it’s currently on i-player and highly recommended. Keeping with Welsh drama a new one has started on channel S4C (available on i-player) called ’35 awr’, so far it’s, er, action packed to put it mildly.

French drama called ‘Crimson Rivers’ started on Friday on Channel 4 but be warned that it begins with scenes of large dead animals, gulp.

‘Manhunt’ with Martin Clunes on ITV was a good watch.

Different genre – music! Documentary on i-player called ‘On drums … Stewart Copeland’ was a really good watch and he was excellent as a presenter.

What’s been keeping you on the sofa then?

DezB
    Free Member

’Escape At Dennamora’ best thing so far this year (Atlantic)

Biggest let-down was Luther, found it unwatchable.

New True Detective starts tomorrow.

cinnamon_girl

No Sky here Dez. Didn’t bother with Luther having boxset-binged with each series getting progressively more sillier. Shame cos I like him.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

2nd vote for Escape At Dennamora. Other than that I’ve not seen anything Worth recommending, most stuff is average at best.

martinhutch

Jack Ryan thing on Amazon – decent albeit a bit hackneyed.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Lucifer and Outlander.

hodgynd
    Free Member

No one likes Silent Witness ?
    Not watched too much tbh..

silverneedle
    Free Member

Pine gap on netflix,best bit of telly ive seen in ages.

DezB
    Free Member

No Sky here Dez

aRGH! That Stewart Copeland thing – missed that – next Friday is Tina Weymouth on bass.

Only comedy you’ve got is the Greg Davies thing, Cuckoo. It’s almost funny that it’s soooo bad, but not quite.

cinnamon_girl

Really worth watching Dez, it’s absolutely not about him jamming with superstars of the rock world although there’s one or two featured. He needs to be involved with and present more music progs!

Comedy – pretty certain that he used to teach my kids, they still talk about him although not convinced they find him funny.

cinnamon_girl

Oh yes the inimitable Michael Portillo boarded the train for a tour of Alaska (looked amazing as well as vast) and is now in Canada. Again, a much needed stylist was absent.

rOcKeTdOg

counterpart is currently messing with my head

moonsaballoon

another vote for escape at dennamora . Watched the first episode of murder mountain on netflix today , worth a watch i reckon .

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Star trek Disco back next week.

rickmeister

Stuart Copeland was great and I’m looking forward to next Friday….

I was hoping for “Michael Macyntyre gets Waterboarded” but as some compensation his Big Show ends tonight…

The ABC murders with John Malkovitch was good as well.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

The Paras. Men of War. Brilliant. Love watching the training.

bikebouy
    Free Member

On Drums! Awesome programme, I’ve been itching to watch it since the adverts before Xmas.. And very very good it is too.. but then he’s a great presenter, and to have the drummer from Prince on too! Just awesome.

Looking forward to seeing Lucy Worsley next week in the U.S.A 🥳

Beautiful.

Other than that, old re-runs of Poirot and plenty of films on Sky Movies.

Haven’t, and don’t reckon I will, get into any Welsh/Scandigrimbodyinapeatbog… they’ve had thier day now IMO.

Unless Pook comes back.

New season of Wheeler Dealers (USA) is on, Ant and Brewer… Discovery… Ep1 just been on.

Anything else I should be looking forward to??

rmacattack
    Free Member

‘Manhunt’ is really the only one atm. Was a docu on mid week about the kegworth crash. Waiting on GOT , I hope the prequel they have planned doesn’t ruin the franchise.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Vera is on atm ..I’m listening to it while lying with my head in my missus’s lap as I’m nursing a 3 day old headache which just refuses to budge ..head & chest full of snot too..
    The storyline seems to be Ok if you like that sort of light entertainment..

batfink
    Free Member

Just watched Luther. Maybe I’d just forgotten how bad it was….. maybe it’s got worse, but my god, that was terrible.

Thank goodness for True Detective: looking forward to it

johndoh
    Free Member

We’re currently watching Les Mis on BBC – I am not normally one for period dramas but I am really enjoying it (although I do keep expecting them to burst into song). Dominic West is superb, as is Ron Cook (the hair and teeth dealer). It is surprisingly dark at times too (more closely following the book apparently – which I am determined to read some day).

edhornby

On Drums.. was good, I didn’t know about the first guy to invent a bass drum pedal so I learnt something which is cool. odd that they didn’t talk about the importance of how a drummer interacts with the other musicians (particularly the bassist) as this is a pretty important component of ‘feel’ but there was already enough packed into the hour. The bass episode will be good too

Mrs Ed watched sh1te&witless and I half watched it; usual improbable stuff. There was a scene in a bar with them talking out loud about the case which was just laughable, and in that scene you could see a person listening in who is probably the actual killer.

Cougar

Star trek Disco back next week.

Yup. And The Orville started back up last Thursday.

wallop

I thoroughly enjoyed The Marvelous Mrs Maisel on Amazon!

slowoldman

‘On drums … Stewart Copeland’ was excellent. Great to see a big thumbs up for Bonzo and Ringo!! Looking forward to Tina Weymouth.

Other than that nowt really.

toby1

Michael Portillo

Speaking of unwatchable.

You – Netflix
    Mrs Maisel – Prime

This weekend evenings were brought to you by John Hughes films from the 80’s, Pretty in Pink and 16 Candles.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Barry. Henry Winkler is epic.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Ooh Future Man season 2 is available to binge on.

kimbers

The current political reality show from the makers of the Thick Of It has been hilarious, it’s totally unbelievable, but still funny.
    The American version is also worth a watch.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

@kimbers what is that called?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Keiser Report and Boom Bust on RT.
    Star trek.
    Top Gear on Dave.
    Twinstitute.
    Repeats of Rising Damp.

somafunk
    rene59
    Free Member

I thoroughly enjoyed The Marvelous Mrs Maisel on Amazon!

I was a bit mixed on this. For some reason I actually enjoyed it but at the same time I found most of the main characters unlikeable. I’m not sure that’s what they were going for either.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Lost a bit of the notion for TV at the moment, trying to watch films again. Saying that Star Trek back on will be welcome and can’t wait for GoT and the Watchmen series. Punisher S2 also. Hoping Mindhunter season 2 arrives as well.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The Patriot Season 2 on Amazon, wrong, slow, farce and worth it for the last line of Ep1

deadkenny
    Free Member

The Orville. That’s it.

CountZero

Silent Witness, Fake or Fortune, “On drums – Stewart Copeland” NCIS, Chris Tarrant’s railway thing, plus anything that catches my eye on the Sky planner. I’ll be watching the Lucy Worsley America thing as well, I think she’s just wonderful!

Caher

Someone made me watch the Crown.

DezB
    Free Member

Great start, True Detective. Sorry c_g!

mick_r

Tried watching Black Lake on BBC4 but it is dire.

The River on C4 tomorrow night sounds half promising.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘2019 telly: what are you watching?’ is closed to new replies.