Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2019 SID RL v RLC – is adj compression worth it ?
  • fivealive

Sorry if its been asked before, on the new 29er Rockshox SID RLC is the adjustable compression worth the significant extra expensive over the RL (on/off).

appreciate your thoughts and experience (I’ve only used adj compression on older motion control [not that impressed] and not the new charger 2 damper).

vincienup
    Free Member

Is it really just an extra adjustment or is it actually a whole different damper? Don’t know the SID, but usually these days Rockshox have an RL model with  a damper carrying the ‘Motion Control’ name that is much improved over the old MoCo units and an RCT3 model with a Charger series damper that is much better, not simply an extra setting… ?

otsdr
    Free Member

As far as I know, all models in the current SID lineup have the Charger 2 damper (except for XX, but I’m not sure why that is even listed anymore).

vincienup
    Free Member

Some marketing bod probably decided it was an ‘iconic’ model? 🙄

fivealive

spec of RLC:

• New friction-reducing DebonAir™ air spring delivers the most responsive forks and rear shocks in RockShox history, maintaining traction in more conditions than ever before
    • Charger™ 2 damper with Rebound, Lockout and Low-Speed compression adjustment
    • Factory tuned Dig Valve offering mid-stroke support
    • TwistLoc™ and OneLoc™ remote compatibility

spec of RL

• New friction-reducing DebonAir™ air spring delivers the most responsive forks and rear shocks in RockShox history, maintaining traction in more conditions than ever before
    • Charger™ 2 damper is lighter and more bump-compliant than original Charger
    • Solid lockout compression adjustment; external rebound damping adjustment
    • TwistLoc™ and OneLoc™ remote compatibility

Chart

philjunior
    Free Member

It can be useful to get things just so. But then again, how much more is it and how much can you be bothered fiddling with damper settings?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘2019 SID RL v RLC – is adj compression worth it ?’ is closed to new replies.