• This topic has 6,282 replies, 176 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by kelvin.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,801 through 2,840 (of 6,291 total)
  • 2019 General Election
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

binners

Subscriber
    If you just have a google, there’s loads of interviews of Corbyn giving chapter and verse about his admiraion for Marx. Same with John McDonnel. Both big fans

And thats fine, if thats what you want. But its never going to get you elected anywhere outside Bolivia. In fact, not even in Bolivia.

Because getting enough people to vote for it isn’t really feasible when you’re asking them to buy into the idea of free-market capitalism as a failed project, then advocating Marxism as the answer. An idea who’s credibility came down with the Berlin wall

The labour party’s present polling- in the face of a government doing its upmost to turn everyone off the idea of the free market – reflects how many people think that Marxism is a credible stance.

Most of his own MP’s don’t

Calling corbyn a marxist is pretty much engaging in 6th form politics, just fyi.

kelvin

Can we call Andrew Murray a marxist? Or do the reality filters keep that nugget out as well?

ads678

Can we call Andrew Murray a marxist? Or do the reality filters keep that nugget out as well?

Surely it’s only fair to see how he does in the Davis cup before calling him names!!

kerley
    Free Member

This is what McDonnell means when he says he’s a Marxist. He doesn’t mean he’s going to try and create a Marxist state. This may be confusing for some people but it’s how intelligent people talk.

Exactly. Pretty similar to how I see Marxism. It still goes that most people who use the word as some sort of insult have never even read the first page of Das Kapital.

binners

Bloody Scottish Communists!

ctk
    Free Member

ctk
    Free Member

I am feeling like Kevin Keegan. But 12 points behind

kelvin

Surely it’s only fair to see how he does in the Davis cup before calling him names!!

Oh good. One of the main advisors to the Labour leader was a member of the communist party for 40 years, and people aren’t allowed to make anything of that… because… whatever. Here’s an amusing distraction.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/10/unite-leaders-aide-andrew-murray-leaves-communist-party-to-join-labour

binners

And the historical revisionism of Seamus Milne – Corbyns Pet Stalinist – with regards to communism makes for a lively read.

Apparently Stalin was just misunderstood and did a lot of good. We’ll not mention the millions of people he killed, obvs. People always bang on about that. Its really not fair on him

But if you want to see a true dictatorship though, look to Brussels and the EU. The evil bastards. Way worse than Stalin!

Like most revolutionary communists Seamas, son of the Director General of the BBC, was privately educated then studied PPE at Oxford, then on to the journalistic establishment.

Theres not much you need to tell him about the struggles of the proletariat. He’s lived it, comrade. Come the glorious revolution I’m sure he’ll be first in the queue to man the barricades

DrJ

Just think….. Ten more years of disgruntled placard waving, moaning about the blood Tory’s and general virtue signalling?

Sounds grim but if it’s not punctuated by Life of Brian pictures and tiresome yammering about “Grandpa”, “allotment” etc I’ll just about make it through.

seosamh77
    Free Member

There’s Stalin getting a shout now! 😆

outofbreath
    Free Member

Can we call Andrew Murray a marxist?

Wow, just wow:

Murray joined the Communist Party of Great Britain in 1976, aged 18, and became associated with its Straight Left faction. At this time, Murray became a close friend of Seumas Milne, who was also active in Straight Left.[8][12] Murray’s allies during the period have been described by Francis Beckett as “more extreme than most of the Stalinists I knew. The Stalinists were known as tankies, but Murray’s lot were super-tankies”.[12] Following the dissolution of the CPGB in 1991 he was a leader of the Communist Liaison group, which itself dissolved in 1995 with Murray and its other members joining the Communist Party of Britain.[14] Murray served on the Communist Party of Britain’s executive committee from 2000 to 2004 … He served once more on the party’s executive from 2008 until 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Murray_(trade_unionist)#Politicial_activity

EDIT: Beaten to it by everyone. Spent too much time reading it. Anyone else spot the bit about Murray being first Journo on the scene when the INLA killed Airey Neave. Maybe I’m reading more into it that it can bear but feels like a hint that they told him it was going to happen.

boomerlives
    Free Member

people who use the word as some sort of insult have never even read the first page of Das Kapital.

Do you have to have read Mein Kampf to call Hitler a Nazi? Or is it not remotely relevant?

AlexSimon

Do you have to have read Mein Kampf to call Hitler a Nazi? Or is it not remotely relevant?

Hang on – the equivalent of that would be calling Marx a Marxist!

outofbreath
    Free Member

Hang on – the equivalent of that would be calling Marx a Marxist!

Biased MSM propaganda claims Marx was a Marxist, in fact he was just a Scandanvian style centerist.

kerley
    Free Member

Nope but it would help it you were to call Johnson a Nazi, i.e. you need to know what Marxism is if you are going to use the term.

RustySpanner

“I am not a Marxist”.
    Who do you reckon said that then?

Here’s a clue – it wasn’t Binners and it wasn’t me. 🙂

ctk
    Free Member

Interesting that Corbz approached Kevin Maguire first.

boomerlives
    Free Member

would be calling Marx a Marxist!

I wanted to be sure I was calling a nazi a nazi; you know how sensitive some folk can be about labels…

dannyh
    Free Member

You can’t nail shit to a wall.

I agree. It’s as difficult as pinning down the Opposition Leader’s actual opinion on the defining political issue of the era…

seosamh77
    Free Member

And hitler gets a mention too, I’m calling house in this particular game of 6th form bingo! 😆

binners

Its a veritable who’s who of genocidal tyrants

And Jeremy Corbyn would be worse than all of them. Probably.

He looks shifty

RustySpanner

Don’t you start with the sixth form bollocks too…..

kerley
    Free Member

It’s as difficult as pinning down the Opposition Leader’s actual opinion on the defining political issue of the era…

Pretty obvious that he is in a no win situation. If he says he will back remain then he is a remainer who is against the will of the people, if he says he will back the deal to leave then he is a leaver who is neglecting the majority of Labour voters who are remainers.
    His option to get a better deal and then let people decide, democratically is a good one but leaves him with the awkward question.

Johnson doesn’t have that problem as the Tory is a leave party and easy for lib dems to say whatever they want as they are irrelevant

binners

Don’t you start with the sixth form bollocks too…..

Would you believe I’ve just had a brief land this afternoon and I’m presently drawing up a poster design to get the kids in the local 6th form colleges to register to vote if they’re 18? 😀

RustySpanner

Would you believe I’ve just had a brief land this afternoon and I’m presently drawing up a poster design to get the kid in the local 6th form colleges to register to vote if they’re 18? 😀

https://www.markpack.org.uk/files/2017/04/Voting-Lib-Dem-2017-image.png
    ? 🙂

Anyone have an answer to who was the most famous person to come out with the “I am not a Marxist” quote btw?

Another clue.

It wasn’t Nick **** Knowles.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Groucho?

binners

Was it the remaining living Chuckle Brother?

binners

Ross Kemp?

RustySpanner

Close.

Last clue.

It wasn’t Nerys Hughes…..

binners

Margaret Thatcher?

RustySpanner

Double post

RustySpanner

Ooooh, no.
    But please feel free to smack yourself in the testicles for mentioning her name.

It was Karl Marx.

Kids today, no bloody sense of dialectic theory…..

stevextc
    Free Member

kerley

Pretty obvious that he is in a no win situation. If he says he will back remain then he is a remainer who is against the will of the people, if he says he will back the deal to leave then he is a leaver who is neglecting the majority of Labour voters who are remainers.
    His option to get a better deal and then let people decide, democratically is a good one but leaves him with the awkward question.

It’s not a huge majority of Labour voted for remain… 36% didn’t but despite having had 3+ years Corbyn hasn’t taken the chance to illustrate they were lied to. It’s rather late in the day now.

dannyh
    Free Member

He looks shifty

That’s what happens when you try to walk both sides of the street.

having had 3+ years Corbyn hasn’t taken the chance to illustrate they were lied to. It’s rather late in the day now.

A million times this. June 24th 2016. Could have deployed a ready made ‘it is all lies you have made a mistake’ campaign. Plant the seed, keep driving the message home Cummings style.

Nope, rather talk about anything, anything else because right at the crucial moment Jezza bottled it.

Brexit should have finished the Tories as a political force. We are going to get ten years of them. Christ knows what this country will look like afterwards.

RustySpanner

To be honest, Labour were screwed the morning of the referendum vote.

Working class remainers are just another example of the strangeness of human nature.

Alf Garnett syndrome innit? “I borrowed a pair of boots to walk 15 miles to vote Tory”.

All those I know won’t be voting Labour this time.
    They will be voting Brexit or Tory and would still do so if Andy Burnham came round, gave them a foot rub and lent them his mascara.

Corbyn’s amazing ability to alienate the electorate hasn’t helped, but his policies are excellent. Means nowt.

Ah well, glasses, beard, allotment, Diane etc………

neilthewheel

I’d love to hear Johnson tell us what he would do if he was in Opposition: support Corbyn’s Leave deal or campaign for Remain? He’d have to do one or the other – can’t refuse to answer on this most important question of our age.

kelvin

Presumably he’d do what he did when he resigned from government… vote against what the government are proposing… and talk up his own approach to Brexit. It would be even easier for him than before… because he can point to the awful withdrawal deal he’s already claimed as his own, and insist we left using that.

RustySpanner

Brexiters, not remainers, obvs in my previous post.

dannyh
    Free Member

Alf Garnett syndrome innit? “I borrowed a pair of boots to walk 15 miles to vote Tory”.

That happens all the time.

Every week parishioners traipse into churches to pray for the poor, swear to share their earthly possessions with people in need and then leave and buy the Daily Mail and vote Tory.

I imagine lots of people who do volunteer work in the NHS (like WRVS on whom the bread and butter running of the NHS is scarily dependent) also vote Tory.

Crazy isn’t it?

But then……

Brexit.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,801 through 2,840 (of 6,291 total)

The topic ‘2019 General Election’ is closed to new replies.