• This topic has 6,282 replies, 176 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by kelvin.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,481 through 5,520 (of 6,291 total)
  • 2019 General Election
  • molgrips
    Free Member

James Naughtie is on the R4 coverage which starts at 9.45pm.

molgrips
    Free Member

How good a guide are bookies odds though, since they’re a mix of what they think will happen and reacting to what they’re already exposed to.

Bookies odds *only* reflect how much money they think they can make. This includes exposure to bets already placed which in turn includes the actual probability of an event, but it also is priced to attract people to actually place bets.

tjagain

Bookies are usually better than polling.

kimbers

molgrips

Subscriber
    Exit polls are done at constituency level no?

Specific seats that they repoll every year & are weighted to marginals

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

My predictions…

Conservative majority ~25-30 seats
    Labour and Lib Dems make gains in London, Labour losses up north
    SNP make gains, but not enough to get Ruth Davidson skinny dipping in Loch Ness
    Brexit Party get their first MPs (~3ish)
    Plaid unchanged, Greens retain Brighton
    Labour to take my seat, MK North

welshfarmer

Just went on Radio Times website to check times of election coverage on the various channels. Took me a moment to realise that the ITV2 offering of a “Nightmare before Christmas” was a film and not an early analytical program.

So I voted on the way to my chainsaw course this morning.As I said to my neighbour who was car sharing with me, we better do it on the way, as we might end up in casualty and not be able to later on!!

I have to say, I was sorely tempted to stop on the way home to see if there had been a change of staff. When they checked for my name on the list, I couldn’t help noticing that my nephew, who shares almost the same name as me, and lives at the same address, was on the list too. No problem there. But I know he has chosen to use his vote in Huddersfield where he is studying. It is worrying to think how easy it would have been for me to pop in and grab a second slip. It really is time for electoral reform, not just the way we vote, but the mechanics of it too.

crazy-legs

I get quite surprised and/or confused looks when I explain to people how UK Parliament works…..

“in an utterly incompetent manner” is a fairly simple explanation, no?

rone

Bookies have got it wrong last few years.

kimbers

Spin?

toby

Just went on Radio Times website to check times of election coverage on the various channels. Took me a moment to realise that the ITV2 offering of a “Nightmare before Christmas” was a film and not an early analytical program.

Brilliant.

Anecdotal evidence here is that I have never seen the polling station so busy.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well folks, whatever happens tonight, it’s been real. The solidarity on this thread has been a good source of comfort 🙂

Who’s watching what? I’ve got a choice of Election 2019 or Election 2019 Wales.

rone

For what it’s worth, I hear canvassing returns today have given Labour an internal projected vote share of 36.2%. Their number crunchers are saying its now 50/50 between a a hung parliament and a small Tory majority

And that is roughly what Dr Moderate has called, slightly towards Labour / hung.

rone

That count down to the exit poll!

molgrips
    Free Member

Shit there’s a countdown timer on the screen. I can’t take it!

rone

Horrific.

molgrips
    Free Member

I might watch Huw, Naga and Reeta.

llama

Bugger

molgrips
    Free Member

As predicted… pollsters did well.

rone

Good Christ.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Crap

Edukator
    Free Member

I think Madame sums it up:

“Putaiiiiiin !!!”

davosaurusrex

Well that’s utterly depressing. I’m going to bed.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

F….

molgrips
    Free Member

I think a lot of people are about to find out what neoliberalism really means. It’ll still be seismic, tbh.

dandasbike
    Free Member

Lovely stuff

dovebiker

This country is screwed, facilitated by a useless Labour leadership

slowoldman

Oh shit!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Lovely stuff

There is not going to be anything lovely at all about the next 5 years. Unless you like watching people struggle.

ads678

Think i’m going to bed hoping that is bollocks.

Wake up tomorrow to the shittest political day of my life!

Countries ****.

ctk
    Free Member

Don’t think I need to stay up. 🙁

root-n-5th
    Free Member

I give up.

racefaceec90

am in two minds about watching the results tbh. i would love it if the tories got a damn kicking,but unfortunately i have a horrible feeling they won’t 😞 i hope i am wrong though 👍

RustySpanner

We’re ****.

zippykona

I resign from this country.

sturdylad
    Free Member

**** me….If those exit polls are anything like right then we’re ****.
    Turkey’s really have voted for Christmas.

Unbelievable

shinton
    Free Member

Please give me some hope that the exit polls are wrong.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Stop the world, I’m getting off.

kelvin

Exit poll says… move to Scotland.

Markie
    Free Member

****. The one good thing is that it might lead us back to a centrist Labour Party. But then again, maybe not.

Boris will claim it shows that the country wants him and Brexit. I’d suggest it means the country doesn’t want Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour.

Northwind

I wanted scottish independence, but not like this. Sorry ruk but we can’t save you from yourselves 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 5,481 through 5,520 (of 6,291 total)

The topic ‘2019 General Election’ is closed to new replies.