• This topic has 6,282 replies, 176 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by kelvin.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,441 through 5,480 (of 6,291 total)
  • 2019 General Election
  • scotroutes

If it wasn’t for the grandkids, we’d be there already

Abduct them?

RustySpanner

But then we wouldn’t be able to give them back at the end of the day.

If we wanted to spend the next 12 years cleaning up after something, we’d get a dog.

binners

Just out with a mate who’s an NHS nurse on a cancer ward. She’s voted labour. All the other nurses on the ward have voted Tory

We’re ****ed!

Truly truly ****ed!

Turkeys? Christmas?

kelvin

If it wasn’t for the grandparents, we’d be there already.

I absolutely don’t want the UK to break up… but if Johnson gets his majority and pushes ahead… including with the vague promises of “bold” changes to checks on UK gov executive power and human rights… I think the people of Scotland and NI would be crazy not to get themselves out of the UK, and partnered with the rest of Europe, ASAP.

kelvin

I think I’m going to wear odd shoes tomorrow.

nickc

I can’t believe that Boris couldn’t even be arsed to vote in his own constituency. They really can’t help take the piss can they? It’s like a massive “**** you”! to the rest of us isn’t it.

ctk
    Free Member

How the exit poll goes will dictate if I stay up. I have a very negative feeling – like worse than the worst polls type feeling.

kelvin

I’m expecting a small Tory majority, but hoping they fall short, and my seat changes hands. Yes, I’m crossing everything for a “coalition of chaos”, much like most of Europe is used to.

When did Germany last have a single party majority government? Why do we feel we have to one? Perhaps the way to prosperity and more stable workers’ rights isn’t to hand over the keys of the country to one party every few years and say, “it’s your turn to tear up what you want”.

jam-bo

I can’t believe that Boris couldn’t even be arsed to vote in his own constituency.

If there is any justice in this world, let him lose his seat by one vote…

alpin
    Free Member

When did Germany last have a single party majority government?

I get quite surprised and/or confused looks when I explain to people how UK Parliament works…..

alpin
    Free Member

The old man was my proxy…. He stuck two crosses down for Labour… 👍

dantsw13

Kelvin – I’ve long advocated a euro PR style government. Stuff gets agreed by consensus, as opposed the the bickering and name calling we have here. The adversarial 2 party, constituency system is not fit for purpose.

Northwind

Suppose I’d better go and vote hey?

pondo

Would you mind? 🙂

scotroutes

Murmurings online that Boris Johnston might lose his seat as LibDem voters have switched to Labour. Just think, by this time tomorrow we could be a couple of hundred posts into a thread on the Tory Party leadership contest.

mooman
    Free Member

binners

Subscriber
    Just out with a mate who’s an NHS nurse on a cancer ward. She’s voted labour. All the other nurses on the ward have voted Tory

We’re ****ed!

Truly truly ****ed!

It seems in my office of mainly nurses that most there will vote Tory. The general opinion seems that Boris is the best of a bad bunch; Corbyn seems on par with Farage for gasps of “you can`t vote him”.

The ballot paper was a truly depressing choice of options.

I predict a fairly sizeable Tory majority.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

The impression I’ve got from people I’ve met, those that go on about it anyway. Is they are looking forward to ramming home the message to apoplectic remainers who insisted they are all Nazi racist thick **** and those they perceive as left wing thought police telling them what to do. A doubling down voting Tory!

All to a man repeating Corbyn is useless, a communist, gonna let all and sundry in and is gonna cost them a fortune in taxes for fanciful giveaways to entitled snowflakes.

Looks pretty grim TBH. Mainly working class with very working class jobs if that makes any difference.

dannyh
    Free Member

I fear we are going to end up with a Tory majority and a massive upsurge in backwards-looking intolerance, xenophobia and racism dressed up as ‘patriotism’.

We are ****.

On a more STW-specific note I am also expecting an upsurge in angry gammon rage in the countryside as I commit the heinous crime of riding a bicycle. These people will never be satisfied.

RustySpanner

Hmmm.
    In our place, most will vote Labour.

The nice lady at the SPAR has just told me she always votes Labour, but not this time because Corbyn is a terrorist.

I guess if you repeat something often enough it becomes truth.
    What do you reckon Binners? 🙂

TiRed

My Tory MP had a majority of 23,326 in 2017, all I can hope for is that it’ll be a bit leaner this time around.

That all? Ours has a 41% majority over the nearest candidate. Not all votes are created equal, are they? Absent Adam will be returned effectively unopposed. At least he didn’t need to fly to Afghanistan when called to vote against his party.

Cougar

Just think, by this time tomorrow we could be a couple of hundred posts into a thread on the Tory Party leadership contest.

Oh good.

insisted they are all Nazi racist thick ****

All to a man repeating Corbyn is… gonna let all and sundry in

Seems the remainers weren’t wrong, then.

pondo

My brother posted on Facebook in a way that suggested that he hasn’t voted. If he hasn’t, I vow to kick him in the nuts when I see him tomorrow night.

kimbers

Just think, by this time tomorrow we could be a couple of hundred posts into a thread on the Tory Party leadership contest

Johnson
    It’ll be corbyn replacement countdown, while Johnson continues to fk the entire country up even more certain that he was destined to be Churchills heir than ever

baboonz
    Free Member

This election reminds of the South Park episode about voting “douche and turd”.

epicyclo

Just how despicable and slimy are the Tories?

doomanic

41%? My MP’s majority is 43.4%…

grahamt1980

Looks like turnout might be big, who knows what that could mean though

ads678

I’ve been hoping the weather might have stopped a load of old folk going out to vote…..

Hopefully the big turn out is mainly younguns!!

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Voted about an hour ago tactically to try and get rid of the Tories. They hold a majority of ~1800 in my constituency (Milton Keynes North) over Labour.

Labour have been making a big push in my area, most leaflets through the door and the only party to actually knock on my door (once just over a week ago and again tonight to check whether I had voted).

I asked what the turnout was like when I went to vote, ‘huge’ was the answer.

My parents are in a normally safe Labour seat and typically vote Lib Dem or Greens – they both voted Labour, my brother who is also in a normally safe labour seat (different one to my parents) also typically votes Lib Dem or Green is also voting Labour.

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Some on here maintaining hope, some predicting a large Tory majority. Could it really go either way? I always seem to get my hopes up and then they are dashed to ground and trampled into dust. I’ve voted at last, but don’t feel at all optimistic.

tjagain

root

I am thinking its tight between small tory majority and hung parliament.

shinton
    Free Member

Odds for a Conservative majority starting to creep back up on the betting exchanges:

Conservative Majority 72.46%
    No overall majority 26.32%
    Labour majority 2.08%

root-n-5th
    Free Member

I really, really hope it’s tight. I’ve been here so many times before and it’s been complete devastation.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m so knackered that staying up for the exit poll feels like staying up for the results.

rone

Agreed Molgrips.

No way will I make it past 12.

What’s the consensus – exit poll runs or could still be wrong? Unpredictably this time – even in the exit poll?

tjagain

exit poll will be within a couple of %. could still be unclear tho after that.

Regional variations will also be huge – you cannot apply a average swing

molgrips
    Free Member

Exit polls are done at constituency level no?

kimbers

I would laugh so hard

It’s a dream too far tho

molgrips
    Free Member

Not sure what weather was like up north but it was utterly dreadful across the South all day. Who knows what effect that’ll have had.

thegreatape
    Free Member

How good a guide are bookies odds though, since they’re a mix of what they think will happen and reacting to what they’re already exposed to.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,441 through 5,480 (of 6,291 total)

The topic ‘2019 General Election’ is closed to new replies.