• This topic has 6,282 replies, 176 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by kelvin.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,761 through 4,800 (of 6,291 total)
  • 2019 General Election
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Angela Rayner? Playing a blinder?

Ths Angela Rayner?

raybanwomble
    Free Member

I laughed at this bit Flashy –

At the last election this chant had come to sound almost devotional. A hymn. Now it’s just a barely conscious Pavlovian response. The last vestige of a failing leadership.

Cheers for the link above – confirms my suspicion that she’s Labours version of Sarah Palin. Shits going to get even darker by 2025 as both parties stick to their trajectories and race to attract the lowest common denominators.

ctk
    Free Member

raybanwomble

Quite a brexity bunch of millennials on QT aren’t they!

Yup!

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Was going to possibly move to York! Yup, no thanks lol – I’d prefer to carry on dodging moped gangs.

mattyfez

Rayner:

“If we get a deal that protects the economy and jobs, then I would vote for it.”

OK.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

raybanwomble
    Free Member

So her support for brexit both exists and doesn’t exist at the same time then? Because no deal under the sun protects jobs.

And here some of you thought she was different because she was one of the people.

bruneep

raybanwomble
    Free Member

It’s an alt-right/white-power thing, it marks him out as a total ****/a Nazi.

kimbers

Oh yes QT seems to be well balanced, they made sure the white supremacist guy got a good spot

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Getting better isn’t it?

2016 – Brexit
    2019 – Neo-Fascist salutes on TV. Conservatives getting in bed with UKIP, Labour Jew baiting.
    2021/22 – ?

benv
    Free Member

It’s an alt-right/white-power thing, it marks him out as a total ****/a Nazi.

It’s a well known game, the white power thing was nothing more than a troll and only morons fell for it. Even after being exposed as a troll, those that double down on it being a white power thing are even bigger morons.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/circle-game/

raybanwomble
    Free Member

It’s a well known game, the white power thing was nothing more than a troll and only morons fell for it. Even after being exposed as a troll, those that double down on it being a white power thing are even bigger morons

Except that it started off as a troll and was then actually taken up by the alt-right.

Which makes you the moron here buddy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OK_gesture#White_power_symbol

mattyfez

So her support for brexit both exists and doesn’t exist at the same time then? Because no deal under the sun protects jobs.

That’s kinda what I was alluding too.. There’s no deal that protects the economy and jobs more than remaining.

Best we can hope for now, I think is a hung parliament and a Labour minority government forcing a referendum.

benv
    Free Member

Except that it started off as a troll and was then actually taken up by the alt-right.

Who would then be bigger morons as described above.

Which makes you the moron here buddy.

No, that’s you for giving credence to it. If the alt-right took up the peace sign and sticking your tongue out to the side as a hate symbol would that make teenage girls on social media nazis? Or would it make those suggesting they would be morons?

raybanwomble
    Free Member

No, that’s you for giving credence to it. If the alt-right took up the peace sign and sticking your tongue out to the side as a hate symbol would that make teenage girls on social media nazis? Or would it make those suggesting they would be morons?

The man in question isn’t a teenage girl on twitter is he? He’s an adult male on a televised political debate during an election. If a small child dressed up as a Nazi and started giving fascist salutes to passers by, the context would still be important yes? Are you saying that it would therefore be acceptable for this man to do that as well on national tv during an election debate?

It’s perfectly reasonable to assume what his intent was.

Sounds like you’re still butt hurt for having to resign due to idiocy on your part.

kelvin

You know the London Labour MP did that fun Love Actually pastiche video for Social Media?

And you know Hugh Grant has being working his arse off in this campaign to get people to vote tactically to stop Johnson?

And you known the Tory Social Media team is basically just trolls for hire?

Well, guess what Johnson’s new social media advert is?

You guessed right.

Don’t watch it unless you want to despair at where we are at.

Don’t share it because they want you to.

frankconway

Any of you Rayner critics care to comment on Johnson’s despicable attitude and behaviour at LGI?
    Hancock then parachuted in, attempting to defend the indefensible – and, predictably, failing.
    Jenrick didn’t exactly play a blinder in tv shouting match, did he?
    Sajid Javid sidelined; why? To avoid difficult questions about islamophobia and economic policies.
    Cleverley wheeled out regularly to re-gurgitate ‘get brexit done’ and fail to answer any questions.
    Gove? Odious alcoholic.
    Rees-Mogg? Consigned to the sidelines – counting his serfs.
    Tobias Elwood on radio is like dog shit – everywhere; attempting to talk everyone down but only showing himself to be ignorant and arrogant.
    Iain drunken smith has been conspicuous by his absence – another problem drinker; clue is in the name; marginal seat – I have my fingers crossed.
    John Redwood – another odious, self serving individual, also conspicuous by his absence; let’s hope Philip Lee pisses on redwood’s chips on thursday.
    Johnson? Pass the sick bag, Alice. Another problem drinker. If tories win, he’ll be gone within 12 months leaving a god almighty mess behind.

benv
    Free Member

The man in question isn’t a teenage girl on twitter is he? He’s an adult male on a televised political debate during an election. If a small child dressed up as a Nazi and started giving fascist salutes to passers by, the context would still be important yes? Are you saying that it would therefore be acceptable for this man to do that as well on national tv during an election debate?

Sounds like you’re still butt hurt for having to resign due to idiocy on your part.

Just as I thought…

dazh

The whole ‘honest broker’ red unicorns nonsense is a total farce. Jeremy still sat on his fence

I agree, he maybe should’ve stuck to his guns instead of listening to Starmer and Thornberry and certain ex-PM?

Probably academic now though. Rayner is a shoe-in to be the next leader, and she pronounced boldly tonight on QT that she’d vote for a brexit deal if (big if mind!) it protected the jobs of working class people. That’s probably the line Corbyn should have used.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Any of you Rayner critics care to comment on Johnson’s despicable attitude and behaviour at LGI?
    Hancock then parachuted in, attempting to defend the indefensible – and, predictably, failing.

Frank, Tories will be Tories. It’s kind of expected, so of course Rayner is going to cop flak, it’s news – Boris being a **** isn’t news. The problem is – is that with Labour trying to race to the bottom alongside the Tories – many of us are left with having to suck it up and vote Labour through gritted teeth or vote Lib Dem.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Raybanwomble, the circle game has been doing the rounds for at least 20 years, it’s still a staple on Facebook and such. The racist connotations simply don’t exist and your examples are nothing like what happened. This is like something out of Brass Eye ffs.

Oh and nice personal dig at benv there, stay classy.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

One of those examples Squirrelking, is the Christchurch shooter. He could be doing the old circle game, but I didn’t think that had been a thing since the 90’s.

frankconway

ray – the whole thing about ‘tories being tories’ is a bit meaningless.
    I don’t see all tory MP’s as bad but they do have a disproportionate number of trucking arses.
    Equally, I don’t see all labour MPs as being good, honourable, decent etc.

benv
    Free Member

One of those examples Squirrelking, is the Christchurch shooter.

And I’m sure he’ll be delighted he is getting what he wanted out of you and your like. Congratulations.

He could be doing the old circle game, but I didn’t think that had been a thing since the 90’s.

Just keep living in your own wee world then where your assumptions magically become truth.

kelvin

Take your 4chan games somewhere else benv.

benv
    Free Member

My games? I’m the one pointing out someone is falling for them ffs!

pondo

You don’t mean to give offence, right?

benv
    Free Member

Take what you want.

benv
    Free Member

From your own link.

The description for the hand gesture in the database notes: “Caution must be used in evaluating instances of this symbol’s use.”

From a post above.

No issues here, move along everyone…

kelvin

> sigh <

What is your point?
    That he is playing the circle game?
    That he is trolling?

Others are suggesting that he is using it in the 2019 context, under cover of the above, and you are ruling out that possibility… and calling them morons… because…?

kelvin

The election…

raybanwomble
    Free Member

I don’t see all tory MP’s as bad but they do have a disproportionate number of trucking arses.

I didn’t until they kicked out all the ones that weren’t outright James Bond villains. 😀

There was a good article actually in the Guardian today about how we need to stop viewing all Tories as evil – again, you’ll get your head bitten off round here for suggesting that.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/09/whoever-wins-the-election-we-all-need-to-start-talking-to-each-other

kelvin

What Mr Womble says. At every election since twitter has been going I have tried to find one MP from every party who does good work, and is an honourable in their actions, and used their tweets to show that those parties we disagree with still have people acting in what they believe are in the interests of all of us. There is no one I could pick from the Tory candidates this time.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Yup, would happily consider the thoughts of old school one nation Tories – because they are actually right sometimes, had some human decency and genuine belief.

Doesn’t mean to say I’d agree with them though – but they were always worth listening to. Opposition plays a vital role in a functioning democracy, as long as it isn’t corrupt or populist.

Edukator
    Free Member

With a bit of luck the racist alt-right idiot making the OK gesture on QT will be out of a job/uni by the end of the week.

You’ve just completely undermined your defence of using the JD expression in ignorance at work, Benv. Your mindset is becoming clear. Your ignorance of racist alt-right language and symbols is willful.

kiksy
    Free Member

Whatever the ok gesture may or may not of started as, it’s now both innocent and very sinister, depending on what you want it to be.

If someone does it to signal they are a racist #### and gets called out on it the defence is “lol! I’m just trolling you, can’t believe you think the sign is far right! Lol! ”

At the same time it signals to the people who know what your real intent is.

In the context of a debate on Brexit, which I think we all know has some serious racist undertones (not everyone obviously), with actual racists on the panel….

kerley
    Free Member

Rayner is a shoe-in to be the next leader

Well that’s the end of the Labour party for another 5 years then. She is just another trained politician in the art of not actually answering any questions and not particularly likable.

May wasn’t likable and faired a lot worse than Boris

What Labour need to learn, quickly, is that having a likable leader is the top priority. Once you have that then roll out the policies.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

slowoldman

In our first year we will set
    up a Constitution, Democracy & Rights Commission that will examine these issues in depth, and come
    up with proposals to restore trust
    in our institutions and in how our democracy operates.

In the event Johnson wouldn’t be bothered to pick up that heavy axe, assumedly there are others willing to step up?

What you may have missed about the Conservative Manifesto 5) Johnson has neither forgiven nor forgotten the Supreme Court

AlexSimon

This is the first time I’ve seen Corbyn directly call out media bias.
    Yesterday was pretty weird all round – lots of bots in action claiming to be Nurses at ‘Leeds Hospital’, etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,761 through 4,800 (of 6,291 total)

The topic ‘2019 General Election’ is closed to new replies.