2019 Criterium du Dauphine

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • 2019 Criterium du Dauphine
  • mashr

One handed, 60kph, a crosswind and a low wall – ****!

Vos taken out by shitty uk roads..
    Nice to see Britwell hill. I came second in a tt up it when I was a youngster!!!

easily

Nibali will be kicking himself that he didn’t choose the Tour this year.

Poor old Froome, I hope he recovers quickly – maybe a shot at the Vuelta, or is that too soon?

mashr

Broken femur – no chance of racing in September (IANAD)

Premier Icon jimdubleyou
    Subscriber

Broken femur – no chance of racing in September (IANAD)

And ribs, and elbow apparently. OOF, and also OUCH.

What a mess. I hate to knock a man when he’s down but what a plonker, Rodney.

mashr

Why’s he a plonker?

TiRed

I know how SR feels having done the same. Hope he heals fast. I think it will be moot as to whether he races again this season. I did, without the femur but lots of other fractures.

vazaha

I wonder if Dumoulin will race the Tour now after he went home early from Giro?

Well he was third in today’s TT, @ + 47′, despite still feeling a bit iffy from the crash in the Giro and stating that he essentially did it on one leg, so he’s got that going for him.

Which is nice.

Klunk

not in great shape I guess being sinewy stick man doesn’t help in a crash.

whitestone

I guess being sinewy stick man doesn’t help in a crash.

Doesn’t matter what shape/size you are, hitting a very large solid object at 60kmh isn’t going to end well.

Premier Icon sparksmcguff
    Subscriber

Really sad news about Froome. Brailsford reported that Froome went from 57km to a dead stop. Hope he mends well. Wander what the French cycling press will be saying this morning?

Bunnyhop

Just seen that Froome is in intensive care.

Poor chap. Having gone through some similar injuries myself, I know how hard it is to get mended and fitness back.

All the best to him for his recovery.

DickBarton

I suspect he’ll mend well and given his fitness level I guess he won’t suffer the amount of fitness loss that non-professional cyclists would. He’ll also have access to the best medical and physio people to get him better quickly.
    Saying that though, he still has a serious challenge to get back his confidence and race fitness…going to be tough for him as he has a higher level to get to.

#wasntexpectingthatagain

Maybe this is the new normal.
    Sagan is dead long live Van Aert

nbt

Seriously impressive. Kruiswijk was saying he coped fairly well in the altitude training they did so let’s see how he does in the mountain stages

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Yes that was exactly my thought.

Premier Icon kilo
    Subscriber

Not sure MVDP would agree!

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Not sure MVDP would agree

He only rides road in the spring though so unfair to compare to Wout who is doing a full season so far

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

WVA and MVDP, sheesh, what a pair of talents…. impressive ain’t they !

Premier Icon kilo
    Subscriber

Yes and managed to be Dutch road race champion and win Dwar doors Vlaanderen (sp?), Brabantse Pjiil (definitely sp?) and a Classic at Amstel, win the mtb xc at Novo Mestro and all after having roundly beaten WvA at cx all year

Not knocking WvA jus think VdP’s palmares are better this year

Not sure MVDP would agree!

Yeah but is he doing le tour?

Premier Icon kilo
    Subscriber

No, but as his team aren’t invited it would be a bit difficult unless he pitches up each morning and sneaks in.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

No, but as his team aren’t invited it would be a bit difficult unless he pitches up each morning and sneaks in.

For pure entertainment value, i’d let him !

Klunk

have we ever seen WVA in the high mountains before, he seems reasonably OK on the shorter punchy stuff ?

mashr

after having roundly beaten WvA at cx all year

Mind WvA has a very shaky start to the cross season (no team, nearly didn’t race, etc) so I’m not convinced we saw the proper match up. Next season will hopefully be better

have we ever seen WVA in the high mountains before, he seems reasonably OK on the shorter punchy stuff ?

Likely too chunky, would imagine he’ll have ago today, but that’s not really big

Klunk

6ft and 80/78/73 kilos (depending on website 🙂 ) so if he’s at the bottom of the range he’s giving away 4 kilos to the likes of Froome and Dumoulin

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Well he finished 9 mins behind the bunch today, but I guess he had a job to do.

nbt

Alaphillipe is looking very strong. He’s going to have a good tour – question is if he’ll go for the KOM polka dot jersey, or for the GC

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Lovely weather today in the Alps. Same in the Tour de Suisse but Le Mans looks lovely.

IvanDobski

I was road riding in the blazing summer Swiss Alps today as it happens – temperature in the suntrap switchbacks with the heat reflecting back at me was apparently high 30s low 40s according to my Wahoo and it certainly felt like it.

It absolutely chucked it down about an hour after I got in though, proper lightning storm and everything.

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

Sad to see Eurosport back to its demented worst with the scheduling. Show a race live for four or five days and then forget it for the weekend. They couldn’t even show the scheduled highlights in the afternoon.

Still, could be like when they showed an hour of Paris-Roubaix and then turned to the Finnish National Biathlon Championships (or something equally riveting), then back to P-R after all the key sections. 🙄

mashr

Show a race live for four or five days and then forget it for the weekend

I watched the last 45km of yesterday on Eurosport? Or do you just mean that they didn’t show enough?

The Eurosport scheduling has its moments and you can end up unexpectedly watching something random which turns out good. The final stage highlights were about 45 mins late last night thanks to the Women’s Tennis (Nottingham Open). Turned out to be a great final (last set tie break) and I will be following Caroline Garcia more closely from now on;) A good outside bet for Wimbledon.

Tennis was better than the final stage of the Dauphine as it turned out. Van Barle looks like he’s coming into form for the Tour though.

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

I watched the last 45km of yesterday on Eurosport? Or do you just mean that they didn’t show enough?

I didn’t see any live coverage in the schedule (and the box didn’t record any on series link..). I set the box to record the highlights but that recorded the tennis which was running late. I gave up at that point and watched the ITV4 coverage.

nbt

I turned on eurosport to watch the advertised highlights of the tour de suisse to find it had been replaced by delayed live coverage of the Dauphine 🙁

taxi25

Annoyed me as well, but imagine if you were a big tennis fan and they cut the end off a live final you’d been watching 😡😡 Bumping the cycling definitely the lesser of two evils.

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

Annoyed me as well, but imagine if you were a big tennis fan and they cut the end off a live final you’d been watching 😡😡 Bumping the cycling definitely the lesser of two evils.

Same difference isn’t it. I’d spent every evening last week keeping up with the Dauphine only to lose the coverage over the weekend on what supposedly were the key stages. I might have been lucky enough to record a highlight programme today if I hadn’t seen the ITV4 coverage, but there’s no guarantee that I wouldn’t have recorded tennis again.

nbt

Grrr. I’ve left the garage, got washed and changed and set down to watch the tour de suisse adverts and am currently enjoying the sghts of a breakaway in which Olga the russian is fencing against Manon the french lady….inutes late

Ah no, it;s started now. only a few minutes late

nbt

Matthieu Van Der Poel confirmed for Tour of Britain. I shall be watching with interest…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.