Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 2019 Bluebells thread
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Out walking in some Gloucestershire woods today & spotted my first bluebells of 2019, a thin spattering of them on some sun trap banks. Also saw butterfly’s, felt the warmth of the sun, green buds everywhere. The purpose of our walk was to see some spring lambs, we were a little early at this farm, but have already seen some elsewhere.

SPRINGS HERE!

😁

Drac

Also saw butterfly’s

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2fiSD7Q]IMG_3815[/url] by Martin Robbo, on Flickr

They are coming 🙂

whitestone
    Free Member

Saw a few bluebells yesterday on the side of a minor road at Rosthwaite near Broughton in the South Lakes. Not seen any in our local wood yet but we are at 200m altitude so they’ll be a week or two later anyway.

Not seen any butterflies though.

matt_outandabout

No bluebells in Dalby, but a good few bright yellow butterflies.

Bunnyhop

Not seen any bluebells in flower yet, but plenty of butterflies, bees and moths.

CountZero

I’ve got a load growing in my garden, that I’ve been planting over the last couple of years, and they’re spreading by themselves now. So are the snowdrops, the primroses and the violets.
    I’ve got some snake-head fritillaries just starting to flower that I planted last year as well, which I’m really pleased with.

Bunnyhop

countzero – that sounds great.

I too have been spreading snowdrops and primroses. The primroses are doing really well. The violets have escaped and got into my raspberry patch, so those have been removed.

lesgrandepotato

Not yet, but the wild garlic is going strong

qwerty
    Free Member
    Frankenstein
    Free Member

Oops just reread that title there.

Yes…

Flowers…

😉

cinnamon_girl

Spotted 2 lonely bluebells in a wood just over a week ago. The scent and sight of bluebells is undoubtedly one of nature’s pleasures.

redthunder
    Free Member

Not in full bloom yet.
    Bluebells 2019
    But the Bluebells where I live will end early 🙁

postierich
    Free Member

Did I miss the daffodil thread! No Bluebells in Cumbria
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Tf1JSQ]55932407_10157303374886474_2528681095239565312_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘2019 Bluebells thread’ is closed to new replies.