Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • 2018 YT Capra
  • alanm
    Free Member
    longmover
    Free Member

If the XL has a reach of around 500mm I may be interested

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Can’t think of an advertisement which was / is more silly.

We talk here about a new bike – or?

This media crap is so extremely stupid! I used to like the YT bikes.

But this is too much. YT thinks we mtb bikers are a brainless bunch…??

Won’t think about YT bikes any more. This is way too silly!

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

You wouldnt buy a YT because of one marketing video?

Right oh.

poah
    Free Member

Couldn’t be arsed watching that

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Young Talent not Old Bimblers  🙂

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I think it’s fantastic marketing with a very well done  short film,and the new redesigned Capra looks swish too .Can’t wait to see the details  tomorrow .

russyh
    Free Member

Think the OP has completely missed the point behind this video!!! The very fact it has him ranting about it creating a thread means it’s served it’s purpose!  It’s got me excited to see the close up detail of the 29 Capra! I mean proper excited…unless it has a stupid short reach and shocking BB standard!

alanm
    Free Member

And what point was that?

tails
    Free Member

Makes a change from a bike doing skids around corners etc. The filming is great for a bike company.

skybluestu
    Free Member

I’d buy one! What a world we live in where a bike gets its own short to advertise it!

chakaping
    Free Member

One of each wheelsize then? Interesting.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

The YT company is located in 91301 Forchheim, Bavaria.

Nice town it seems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4klwLkQluXQ

But no silly vans and no silly goats there on the roads. No deserts around either. Some “Forchheim” maketing guy went nuts (or too much beer?).

russyh
    Free Member

The point being that it got people talking about the launch of the bike…the video is bizarre but it’s done it’s job! Certainly not a reason to NOT buy a bike though is it Alan

sillysilly
    Free Member

Of the last 50 or do German direct owners I’ve seen on the trails the split has been about 50/50 YT / Canyon. YT owners all seem to ride half the speed, with half the smile of the Canyon owners, despite the reviews. Small sample size but that impacts me way more than advertising 🙂

russyh
    Free Member

Eh?

Yetiman
    Free Member

And I thought the Jeffsy campaign was a bit weird……..still, looking forward to seeing the geo on the 29er. Hopefully the reach on the XL is somewhere north of 475mm, and the seat tube under 500mm.

mark90
    Free Member

A reach longer than the seat tube would be a move in the right direction

alanm
    Free Member

Thanks for pointing that out russyh, would never of figured that out myself.

Leku
    Free Member

warpcow
    Free Member

Won’t think about YT bikes any more. This is way too silly!

Have you missed all YT marketing ever? Their prerelease hype stuff has always been weird. Look back at all the goat stuff from the original Capra release, or the angry girlfriend stuff for Jeffsy.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

I quite like the Brand. Didn’t buy a Capra, number of reasons for that but their marketing isn’t one; they do a good job versus others efforts. Though like Canyons’, when you get to a trail centre, they are the salted caramel or Ed Sheeran of the mountain bike World – bloody everywhere.

marksnook
    Free Member

It’ surely an improvement over the “we have a new bike, its longer and better blah blah blah” that is the norm in advertising? **** yeah make it weird, make it different. I reckon someone actually enjoyed their job making that video. That’s got to be a good thing?

russyh
    Free Member

It’s a teaser campaign isn’t it, the official press launch is today…the 8th, the video is part of the build up and the reason they only show small clips of the bike.  It’s weird as hell, done it’s job though.  I applaud YT for doing something different to everyone else.  I’m sure they will publish videos of someone hammering the bike smashing big air later this week!

If that type of video puts you off a brand, god knows what you do for a car!

russyh
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; background-color: #eeeeee;”>Thanks for pointing that out russyh, would never of figured that out myself.</span>

no problems, you obviously haven’t worked out how to use emojis or smiley to emphasise your sarcasism either… 🙂

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@sillysilly:

that’s difficult to check if the YT bikers are really half speed of the Canyon guys and that the YT biker ALL don’t smile.

But o.k.. most of them don’t smile. They are too ashamed of this advertisement and can’t pedal any more…

Bit sad so!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

YT website down for maintenance.

“DROPPING” as the shredheads say

chakaping
    Free Member

Anyone else get irritated by bike hacks pretending to guess what these teasers are about when they almost certainly have the full deets under embargo already?

We’re not **** stupid you know.

wwaswas

We’re not **** stupid you know.

Speak for your self matey!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve had both canyon and YT bikes silliysilly, and haven’t a clue what you’re on about. The snobbery regarding both brands is as baffling as the inverse snobbery against the likes of SC and Yeti.

We’re not **** stupid you know

Some comments above prove otherwise… 🙂

wwaswas

Oh, hang on.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I think YT make brilliant bikes and have brilliant aftersales service. Admittedly I’d not wear one of their #doyouevendriftbro style t shirts but you can’t have it all.   I won’t be buying a new Capra but my Tues DH ‘rig’ is superb.  Direct sales is the future and they are great at it

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@howsyourdad1:

Yes – good bikes for sure.

Possible as well: direct sales is the future. Not sure but very, very possible.

And: think these types of posts are fun as well. I mean these are no serious discussions about technical issues or so. Just having fun and making some noise…

For me: the style of YT advertisement doesn’t really match the quality of their bikes. For me this advertisement is like for “poser” bikes. Bling, bling – Dubai stuff. In my opinion an marketing overkill.

The bikes are better than this…

But: taste is different.

This thread: most like the YT advertisement. I’am bit surprised so…

scruff
    Free Member

I can’t be bothered to watch the video but interested in the new bikes. I’d have watched gwin or Andreu riding the tits off it though, perhaps they were busy.

ehrob

Interested to see these and hear the reviews.

Though only as an observer as I finally bought a Radon Swoop last night.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@ehrob:

Congratulations !!!!

This is such a great bike !!! Swoop 170 ?

There is one Swoop 200 on our local downhill trail – this bike is simply crazy. But nothing if you like to pedal uphill…

Swoop 170: fantastic Enduro. Good buy!

Have fun.

traildog
    Free Member

Russyh – read beyond the A. of the person complaining about the video. You’ll find different letters than the lanm

YT have always had adverts which caused debate anyway.

AlexSimon

The whole range has stuck with the Shimano/E13 combo afaics.

The AL version looks pretty nice tbh.

I can’t get through to the geometry page though.

AlexSimon

Like this colour too:

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@AlexSimon: thanks!

YT website still down for me…

Shimano/E13 combo: this is interesting!

No 1×12 so?

Recently lots of feedback with 1×12 issues. Would be interesting to know if YT picks Shimano/E13 due to commercial reasons or due to testing results using 1×12.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘2018 YT Capra’ is closed to new replies.