Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • 2018 team rumours
  • plecostomus
    Free Member

What do we make of this.

Taken from ride.io website

rumour so far –

1.Danny Hart off to Saracen.

2. Wyn Masters off to Polygon Bikes. Will his focus switch more towards EWS and therefore jump onboard a brand who want lots of enduro exposure. Possibly won’t be seeing him World Cup Downhill at all next year.

3. Brook Macdonald to MS Mondraker

4. Johannes Fischbach to Cube Bikes

5.Unior tools to Join Forces with Devinci Factory racing.

6.Matt Simmonds to move on from Madison Saracen but to where??

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Open secret that Hart is off from what I’ve seen, Greenland just seems to fit better as a lead/interview guy for a start.
    Polygon have a bit going on with that new bike – if it’s as good as they say it is then it could be a great enduro bike, Wyn had some cracking races at EWS over WC this year.
    Assume Finn Isles will stay with Spec and that was always the plan
    Were there rumours of CRC moving on? Makes sense with the EWS Results
    Kona have nobody up north?

mahalo

Jerome Clementz hints at retiring from EWS?

What about the YT Mob branching into EWS with a certain Mr Rude as their showcase rider??

plecostomus
    Free Member

Yes the Danny one is fact

Also how about Laurie Greenland to trek……….?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Clementz has said he is cutting back to races he wants – check out the vital bit
    Greenland in a popular lad out there, I can see Trek needing to move on from being “The Athertons” at this point.

Well confirmed Josh is just going to be riding bikes for another year

Dean Lucas is stopping with Intense
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/dean-lucas-confirms-hes-signed-with-intense-for-2018.html

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Was it just me or did that article have no MTB at all in it

twistedpencil

MTB and BMX chucked together… That’s like chucking Chris Hoy and Chris Froome onto the same programme. BMX also have lost two rising stars, with Blaine to the track and Bethany Shriever stepping outside of BC to develop. I suspect Bethany will go far away from the death star…

wagenwheel

Rachel Atherton switching to enduro?

chakaping
    Free Member

You just made that up, didn’t you.

P-Jay
    Free Member

VeloSolutions are looking for a new frame sponsor.

thepodge
    Free Member

wagenwheel – Rachel Atherton switching to enduro?

She did allude to this in a recent interview, I wish I could find which one again. Was something about needing a new challenge. I think her Vs Ravanel would be very interesting.

P-Jay – VeloSolutions are looking for a new frame sponsor

Odd as there is a strong Velo / Scott connection with Claudio

moonsaballoon

Eddie masters on pivot , not sure what that means for the bergamot team as didn’t he run it ?

Speeder

You’d think Mondraker would look for someone good to replace Danny.

nickhit3
    Free Member

would you say that to Macdonald’s face? not sure i would.

orena45

Morgane Charre switching to EWS? Not matched her World Champs result in DH since and couldn’t even make the French National team at the last DH World Champs, but did well at Finale last weekend.

She might be tempted to go enduro…though maybe not if Rachel Atherton did also switch!

nickhit3
    Free Member

dredged this from Vital MTB: – Danny Hart to Saracen (contracts are signed)
    – Fischbach to Cube
    – Williamson to Saracen
    – Baby-faced Southafrican to launch Investec Factory Racing
    – Wyn to Polygon
    – Brook to MS Mondraker
    – Greg retires -> Eliot replaces him at SC
    – Amaury to Specialized
    – Steve Peat as UCI delegated with Greg as assistant
    – Payet to Propain
    – New Redalp factory team with a kiwi as rider

plecostomus
    Free Member

Stefan garlicki sets up the investec team
    Greg retires and mike jones replaces him on syndicate

nickhit3
    Free Member

Jones over Jackson? interesting…

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Where have the Greg retiring musings come from? Recentish interviews* I saw would suggest to be that he’s enjoying having a ‘bike that finally fits him’ and so long as his sponsors will support him and he’s enjoying doing it, he would carry on. It’s not like he’s not landing the results!

*this summer rather than the last few days/weeks.

Seems odd to me to suggest he’d be retiring but still hanging around being an assistant when he’s still consistently one of the top 5 (if not higher) riders.

northerntom
    Free Member

Pretty sure Greg said in an interview recently he would be carrying on at least another year. He was close to the top spot this year, if things had fallen differently he could have won it outright, and he’s always a good shout for the World champs.

I can’t see Richie moving from Yeti, he’s the star rider, and this seasons results haven’t been anywhere near the previous two.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah, can’t see Greg calling it a day just yet.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Yeah, can’t see Greg calling it a day just yet.

Yeah he was basically two flats away from overall WC and world champs wasn’t he?

fingerbang
    Free Member

Wheres the traditional cryptic picture that does the rounds?

What’s happened to Matt Simmonds? He’s had a factory ride longer than anyone, wasn’t he riding ancelotti back in 2005/06?

A big move for brayton I suppose

Also, whatever happened to Tom deacon? Won BDS few years back then disappeared

mahalo

Like to see Phil Atwill move to a big team…

daviek

Atwill to Santa Cruz might be fun or maybe Mondraker to replace Danny?

d3carbon
    Free Member

Paul@RTW – Member
    Where have the Greg retiring musings come from? Recentish interviews* I saw would suggest to be that he’s enjoying having a ‘bike that finally fits him’ and so long as his sponsors will support him and he’s enjoying doing it, he would carry on. It’s not like he’s not landing the results!

*this summer rather than the last few days/weeks.

Seems odd to me to suggest he’d be retiring but still hanging around being an assistant when he’s still consistently one of the top 5 (if not higher) riders.

I remembered him saying in an interview with Warner (albeit last year) that the world cup schedule prevented him from riding in other events that he’s always wanted to do like the Megavalanche.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Paul@RTW – Member

Ina recent interview over some beers in Cairns he was talking about looking forwad to the challenge and being really up for 2018 (it got hazy after that!! but he looks like a bloke having a lot of fun out there)
    Charre made the grade for WC but french cycling didn’t want her there, she even offered to pay her own way.

nickhit3 – Member

First Greenland is up to the job and much better in front of a camera, then taking some pics at Crankworx there was a massive line of riders blocking my way out from the finish, casusal can I get through there mate to look up and see the bulldog in front of me, I wouldn’t argue with him!!

6079smithw
    Free Member

orena45 – Member
    Morgane Charre switching to EWS? Not matched her World Champs result in DH since and couldn’t even make the French National team at the last DH World Champs, but did well at Finale last weekend.

Charre met all the requirements to go to the World Champs but the FFC decided to be c**ts for no reason

orena45

Charre met all the requirements to go to the World Champs but the FFC decided to be c**ts for no reason

Yeah that what I meant in that should couldn’t make the team – through governing body politics rather that her riding. EWS should be free of all that?

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Sam Hill to YT

matt_outandabout

Surely Adam Brayton will get a good seat…

northerntom
    Free Member

Surely Adam Brayton will get a good seat…

this season wasn’t as strong as last season, and he stuck with Hope. Although surely a pay cheque from a bigger team would be too much of a draw.

I would have thought more and more riders will be drawn towards the EWS. It must be getting close in terms of where the money is, as that’s where the bikes are being sold.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

There’s an interview with Brayton at the beginning of this season saying that after his ‘break through’ 2016 season he had some tempting offers from bigger teams but he decided he would prefer to stick with the familiar and ‘small family’ feel and support of the Hope factory team. I think it was in Dirt. I guess he can always change his mind but he implied he wouldn’t be moving any time soon.

thepodge
    Free Member

CRC would be mad to let Sam Hill go now.

matt_outandabout

I would have thought more and more riders will be drawn towards the EWS. It must be getting close in terms of where the money is, as that’s where the bikes are being sold.

+1

I can see some real big moves out of DH…

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Sorry, Pinkbike interview at the start of 2017:

Adam Brayton Interview

The end of last year was a little crazy; for the season ahead I basically had 3 great offers on the table, not including Hope, and there was really good money on offer, but I didn’t get that excitement or ‘the buzz’ as I like to call it.

A lot of people said it’s good that I’ve stayed loyal to Hope. I mean let’s be honest, I barely set the world alight the past couple of seasons in terms of results… I was hardly a top 30 guy! So it was a great feeling to finally give something back in 2016. It’s not like I felt I had to stay ay Hope, they would have supported my decision whatever, I’m just very content there. I love our relationship and being comfortable and happy is the most important part. Hope to me is family, there is a far bigger picture than turning up for a race each weekend

Speeder

nickhit3 – Member

All I’m saying is he’s not really podium material at the moment and hasn’t lived up to his early potential. He’s also been a last minute replacement for whoever vacated a top seat in recent years – basically last man standing in the game of musical team seats.

He’s an incredible rider but is up there with Brendog in not delivering the race results his talent should deliver though he’s not as visible in the online media.

Speeder

thepodge – Member
    CRC would be mad to let Sam Hill go now.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they want to reduce budgets given Wiggle are effectively closing them down over time. Also he’s had to sack off a lot of sponsors to toe the line with the CRC Team and I bet that’s a wrench. He’s not on TLD any more and that’s got to hurt.

nickhit3
    Free Member

He’s an incredible rider but is up there with Brendog in not delivering the race results his talent should deliver though he’s not as visible in the online media.

must be a single pivot thing..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘2018 team rumours’ is closed to new replies.