Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2018 Cannondale Scalpel SE Fox shock bushings
  • didnthurt

Hi,

I noticed a knocking and play in my rear bushing. I’ve tried googling for replacement bushes but can’t find any concrete info on what size and type I need etc.

Any anyone help?

didnthurt

I’ve taken out the shock and have measured the bushings (30mm with a 7mm hole), when I checked them for play though there was a minimal amount. The same can’t be said for for the aluminum inserts in the rocker link, they’re practically oval. No problem I thought, I should just be able to buy new inserts. Nope, new rocker link only.

So it looks like:
    New shock bushes
    New shock bolt (old ones shows signs of wear)
    New shock rocker link

Now I remember why I gave up on having a full sus before.

13thfloormonk

Ug, you’re putting me off! Was just idly researching lightweight full sussers after a stern lecture from my physio vis-a-vis road cycling and lower backs… 🙄

zerocool

Maybe email someone like http://Www.offsetshockbushings.com or TF Tuned to see if they have/can machine what you need. Or shop around on eBay for scooter bolts if you want to do it cheaper

didnthurt

Cheers, I’ve emailed the company I bought my bike from and asked them to source the shock bolts and linkage for me as I can’t seem to find the parts I need anywhere in the uk. I’m expecting it to be spendy but I need the parts.

Wish me luck 🤞

didnthurt

I would probably have bought a reliable single pivot short travel 29er in hindsight. However Orange and Santa Cruz seem to have abandoned these, can’t think of another brand that does this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘2018 Cannondale Scalpel SE Fox shock bushings’ is closed to new replies.