Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • 2017 STW Metric-Century-Per-Month Challenge
  • hebdencyclist
    Free Member

A bit of motivation for 2017. Ride a metric century per month (100km or more in a single ride), then brag, upload photos, and post Strava links to your rides on this thread.

Join the Strava group here

Sandwich

Ooh some motivation for the year. Mileage has dropped off a cliff since the new dog arrived.

doomanic

I might do 100 miles per month but not all in one go, that sounds tiring… 😀

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

It’s 100km not 100 miles!

kayla1
    Free Member

Ooooh, I like this idea! We’re not strava bods but it’s a good way to get off our bums 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m joined. Something I intended to do anyway and hopefully this will add some motivation.

Who’s gonna get the ball rolling then? Not sure if I have enough spare time in one go this week.

ton

i lke this. gonna do it, but not a strava type.

DrP

I’ve penciled in a ride tomorrow am… If it’s a group it’ll be a cx ride (maybe not 100km) but if solo I’ll do it on the road!

DrP

kimbers

Think trying for 100km a month overall is a realistic goal for e no way I’ll have the tune to fit in 100k in 1 go, and fitness be a problem!

MoreCashThanDash

Should be doable. Was planning on riding an audax a month anyway, but some months the only local ones are 100k anyway.

And I can’t make either of the local January ones. Will have to get up to 100k by the end of the month under solo power

soobalias
    Free Member

100k a month. any more than that and i would be reaching for a road bike just to keep the numbers on track.
    i guess you wont want to see my pics from a 15mile a week loop.

buckster
    Free Member

Is this offroad?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Is this offroad?

Not in my case – I’ll be doing it on road.

DrT
    Free Member

It would have to be on road to be a realistic target for us mere mortals, I can only think of a couple of proper off road rides I’ve ever done that broke 100km, no chance of one a month. I think one 50km+ off road ride per month would give me a realistic target.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

There’s no rule about what surface you ride on for a qualifying ride. On road/off road whatever.

It just has to be 100km in a single ride. And yes, you can stop for tea and cake 😀

cheers_drive

I was going to post saying how 1x 100km road ride a month isn’t much of a challenge but when I look back at the last year since becoming a father I’ve not managed that many.

whitestone
    Free Member

Completely off-road would be a hard task unless you did laps of a trail centre. Even a mixture of road/off-road would take some time, a lot of the ITTs have quite significant proportions (30-40%) of road to link the BWs. Distance challenges make most sense on road IMO otherwise you are limiting things to the super fit and those with plenty of time or those who have the least commitments.

chakaping
    Free Member

Mine were all gonna be on road, but I like the idea of planning an mtb one for the summer.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

In. Will likely be on road but will try and mix in some bridleways for fun. (Thom)

gavstorie
    Free Member

Really should be 100km off road since its a MTB based community.. 100km on flat roads in lycra should be left to the skinny wheel forums….

chakaping
    Free Member

Really should be 100km off road since its a MTB based community..

I think that ship sailed some time ago pal.

doomanic

its a MTB based community..

It is? Someone needs to tell all the roadies…

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

^^ someone should tell everyone!!!

monksie
    Free Member

I’ve joined and I have a daft question. Do I have to have a gps to register a ride or can I manually input it, as in: “Dear Strave, I promise I rode 100km yesterday”?

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

I’ve joined and I have a daft question. Do I have to have a gps to register a ride or can I manually input it, as in: “Dear Strave, I promise I rode 100km yesterday”?

You could but we wouldn’t believe you.

whitestone
    Free Member

Really should be 100km off road since its a MTB based community.

I ride bikes, some are road, some are off-road, but they are all bikes.

corroded
    Free Member

If you’re on Strava you can sign up for the monthly Gran Fondo 100km challenge. It’s supposed to be for slightly out of the ordinary road rides so I add bridleways, byways and just make it as varied as possible on 700x30mm tyres. Plus you get a virtual badge…

Legoman
    Free Member

Yeah, go on then I’m in. Anything to help keep the miles up.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

To answer the question “do I need a GPS?”

No. It’s just a bit of fun. Just post your ride details here.

Mister-P
    Free Member

That’s my first one of the year in the bag.

Gilesey
    Free Member

Does Zwift count?

SaxonRider

I am IN! 🙂

After six months of having lost my mojo, it is time to get rolling again. You lot are improving my life, one challenging thread at a time.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Does Zwift count?

I’m going to go…

no.

😀

Gilesey
    Free Member

Heh – I guess it’s back outside in the cold and wet and traffic then. Joined – but I’ll need to figure out how to only count real miles 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

If you can do the equivalent of 100km on the turbo in a single sitting, I reckon you deserve a prize.

rob
    Free Member

I’m in will give it a go Thursday if this ice clears off

qtip

Thought I’d start the year with an Imperial century for good measure
    Strava linky

Mister-P
    Free Member

Nicely done.

whitestone
    Free Member

111.1Km done today 😀 Last 30Km with a slow puncture 😡 Feel quite tired!

chakaping
    Free Member

Good work.

I was all set to do it today or tomorrow but got the lurgy, so it’ll have to be next weekend.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘2017 STW Metric-Century-Per-Month Challenge’ is closed to new replies.