Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2017 Orange Five first ride – Wow
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi Crew,

Picked up my 2017 Orange Five frame on friday just in time for me to build it up for the Hope Valley challenge on Saturday morning. Before I start I had the 2016 five but damaged to bottom tube a month or so ages but Bikmo insurance were great which aloud me to get the 2017 frame.

First things first, the frame felt loads lighter than last years (300/400g lighter) and it looks great in the flesh.

The ride started strait into a climb and i couldn’t believe just how different it felt strait away, It felt like it just skipped along the top of the rocky climb. Once the first decent come up (the Beast in the peaks) it was a matter of just holding on and just letting the bike do the work (with a grin ear to ear by this stage). As the peaks are after a decent it means strait back into a climb and once again it was just a complete different bike to the 2016 model. i am not sure on the weight difference in to 2 but its climbed really good and felt super light under me. I feel the slightly different pivot point had a lot to do with this. As the day went on it just proved to be such a fun and capable bike in all areas.

Not that i have ridden and orange four but i feel the new five rides how i pictured the four would but offers that extra travel when you want/need it.

Overall i think its a great bike and just can’t wait to get back on it through the week.
    Spec..
    shimano xt 11 speed
    Rockshox 150mm Pike
    Hope tech enduro pro 4 wheel set
    hope tech3 E4 brakes
    stealth dropper
    burgtec bars
    burgtec stem

Didn’t get the chance to get many pics so here is one before the ride.

ton

that looks lovely that. 😀

chiefgrooveguru

Really nice. I think I’d be happy to have any current Orange trail bike, from the Segment to the Alpine 6 via the 4 and 5. Dialled simplicity.

tonyg2003

Same colour as my new Orange Four (second ride today). Nice spec too.

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Looks fantastic!

Rickos
    Free Member

How has the pivot point changed – up, down, forwards, backwards? I do like the simplicity and clearance on Oranges.

honourablegeorge

Nice bike, nice build.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Having ridden a cheat bike (Four) it was soo differnt to my five ,lighter and quicker up by a country mile .. still lacking down , but this looks just plain Yummy and i was waiting for the 29er 🙂 struggling

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Which shade of orange is that?

jler1985

That looks very nice, enjoy!

chiefgrooveguru

How has the pivot point changed – up, down, forwards, backwards? I do like the simplicity and clearance on Oranges.

Up and back. Looks like they’ve optimised it for bigger cassettes and thus bigger chainrings.

shaungero
    Free Member

Cheers guys,
    it’s just the fizzy Orange but has come out super nice. That’s the other thing I noticed that with the boost hubs the rear tyre now has loads of clearance as last years I had rub marks after the first ride.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2017 Orange Five first ride – Wow’ is closed to new replies.