Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • 2017 Enduro racing season
  • Kahurangi

I’m in for the PMBA Nat Champs at Grizedale/Graythwaite. I won’t be troubling the top half of the field but the trails at Graythwaite are so good it would be shame not to.

And Ard Rock and Ard Moors.

Maybe also the Edinburgh Half.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Tweedlove and Trans Savoie confirmed. Had planned to do the PMBA National Champs but it clashes with a kid’s rugby weekend and ballet show so that won’t happen. Also fancied Ard Rock but think it’s too close to the Trans Savoie and I don’t want to risk injuring myself.

Will try and squeeze in a couple of the Pedalhounds events and the Swinley Enduro and maybe some of the Southern events. QECP Night Enduro sounds fun.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I didn’t get an entry to either ‘Ard event so of all the events I can justify driving that far to, I’m down to the Lee Quarry PMBA event.

Anyone know of anything Midlands or Yorkshire area?

I keep thinking, a venue somewhere near the Peak or South Yorkshire would be brilliant. I know that joker who buggered off with everyone’s money attempted an event in Greno / Warncliffe last year but even that got canned for an alternative venue (before he did a runner) a month or so beforehand. Guess it’s the legwork to get a suitable venue found and sorted out with proper access etc. Must be quite a job!

orena45

kimbers – Member
    cool andy see you there

not sure i can commit to any others

riding cwmcarn on saturday though plus a bit of dh at another venue down the road if u fancy it

Would love to but Cwmcarn’s a fair old drive for a ride! Thanks anyway 😀

beano68
    Free Member

Boltby Bash Enduro in May @Paul@RTW Not far from where the Ard Moors takes place

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Nice one beano68. I’d not heard of that one before…I’m in! It’s actually closer to home than the ‘Ard Moors for me. Even better.

There really is more to life than getting entry to an ‘Ard event. A heavy cloud of disappointment has been lifted.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Well, when I say “I’m in”….

Due to a software upgrade SiEntries will be unavailable from 3:05pm today for approximately 5 minutes. Please complete your entries before then.

beano68
    Free Member

Its meant to be really good @Paul and very similar to Ard Moors but minus the killer final climb !

You should be fine getting an entry as its a lesser known event .. good luck and hope you get a place and see you there 😉

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Done. Had to check with by good lady wife as it’s our anniversary on the Sunday but thumbs up from her.

beano68
    Free Member

Happy Days 😀

slimporcini
    Free Member

managed to get an entry for Ard Moors, not done it yet so looking forward to it. Also doing Pmba Lee quarry, Grizedale and the nat champs. I feel like the bigger events seem to offer more value, one day events being £40-45. the nat champs comes in at £75 for 3 days worth of action, camping and parking included.

kimbers

Bes entries go live on Dec 1st

Not sure what price will be, no UKE competition now, so will prices be rising?- BES numbers were low last year, do they may have struggled to cover their costs?

Either way December is a crap time to release race tickets, most of my money is spoken for !

orena45

Still saying £75 for the full 2 day event on the BES website. Though the info on there isn’t necessarily up to date!

matt007
    Free Member

PMBA Nationals
    Ard rock
    Ard moors

Entered the above so far! Some motivation to keep riding through the winter

scottfitz
    Free Member

BES is 77.49 per round.

kimbers

+5 quid booking fee

Schedule for the 2017 Cannondale British Enduro Series.
    2017 Dates and Venues:
    Round 1 on the 8th and 9th of April at Innerleithen.

Round 2 on the 20th and 21st of May at Dyfi.

Round 3 on the 24th and 25th of June at Hamsterley.

Round 4 on the 26th and 27th of August at Eastridge.

Round 5 on the 23rd and 24th of September at Llangollen.

Entries go live on Thursday the 1st of December at 09:00.

Practice/ seed Saturday, race Sunday, like ukge, better format imho

BoardinBob

Practice/ seed Saturday, race Sunday, like ukge, better format imho

One of my mates didn’t like the BES seeding format. Basically it removed the “riding with your mates” bit unless you and your mates were all of a similar speed/ time.

kimbers

Its a good way to make new friends!

fifeandy
    Free Member

Basically it removed the “riding with your mates” bit unless you and your mates were all of a similar speed/ time.

Tragedy.
    However will they manage a ride without holding hands?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Both Ard events entered, looking rather interested in the Boltby Bash too now.

Tragedy.
    However will they manage a ride without holding hands?

Aye, Imagine wanting to have a ride and some craic wi yer mates, whatever next, eh?.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Aye, Imagine wanting to have a ride and some craic wi yer mates, whatever next, eh?.

Maybe do that on the weekends you didn’t choose to enter a race?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Maybe do that on the weekends you didn’t choose to enter a race?

Or, maybe just you having another #enjoorojibe.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Or, maybe just you having another #enjoorojibe

Yes and no.
    For sure it was too good an opportunity to pass up.

But in all seriousness, its pretty clear that Enduro is still evolving (for better or worse), and from the top down taking itself rather more seriously and professionally.
    BES is obviously taking itself quite seriously and actually prioritising the racing rather than providing a glorified lads day out.

orena45

kimbers – Member
    Its a good way to make new friends!

This.

I remember riding up behind some dude with dreads at Grizedale last year, and was like “I’m sure I recognise him from STW”…”are you Kimbers from Singletrack?!” 😆

If you do the whole series, you end up riding around and racing with roughly the same people every time, so it’s a good way to meet new riders and share your racing balls-ups with!

kimbers

Thats kinda how I met boardinbob too !

BoardinBob

8)

BoardinBob

BES is obviously taking itself quite seriously and actually prioritising the racing rather than providing a glorified lads day out.

Yet amazingly the SES manages to provide top notch racing, smooth organisation and yet still deliver a “lads day out”. I’ll need to tell the girls in our wee gang that it’s a lads day and they’re not welcome.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hes a hater Bob, maybe time he actually tried an enduro, then his opinion will actually finally be informed. 😆

BoardinBob

It’s not a patch on a bunch of humourless bores in lycra trundling round in circles not speaking to each other

fifeandy
    Free Member

@nobeer, i would say hater is a bit harsh. I do actually follow enduro and watch the SES and EWS videos as they come up.

I’d love a go, but as posted on another thread, any events that would be easy enough technically for me (i’ve never claimed not to be ****) also seem to be so short i’d be done in under 2hrs.
    Couple that with the fact most enduroists seem to see crashing as all part of the fun, and pedally stages despised (pretty much the polar opposite of my thoughts) then maybe they are just not for me.

But regardless of all that, i find it hard to criticise a series thats clearly trying hard to make itself the premier UK series for focussing on the racing aspect rather than the social side. Serious racing events are needed for people to progress now that being an EWS rider could actually be a valid career choice for the very best.

I totally appreciate that part of what makes enduro so popular is the social side, which is why i said that how things are evolving may not actually be for the best for many riders.

the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

The info on the french series was great tracey.
    Ive moved to gap so i dont suppose you know of any other smaller series’ in the alpes. I know they had one in montclar but only found out about it too late.
    Thanks
    Paul

fifeandy
    Free Member

And does anyone have any info on the 2017 dates for Muckmedden events?
    If i’m going to have a go then Comrie seems like the logical choice

BoardinBob

If i’m going to have a go then Comrie seems like the logical choice

You may be out of luck.

Allegedly a big chunk of land around Comrie has been sold. Land that was previously used for camping. The buyer is planning on building a house on the land. For that reason the race is cancelled. I can get them cancelling the Cream o’ The Croft festival but I would have thought they could still run the race.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Unless of course it was the beer tent that was making all the profits 😆

the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

Thats great
    Cheers

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Anyone doing the Scottish Enduro Series this year?

Northwind

Some rounds but not the whole thing.

orena45

Southern Enduro Series and Champs entries are live this morning.

Was intending on doing the Champs but it’s down as April now, in between BES Rnd 1 and PMBA National Champs.

3 races in 4 weekends, around Easter holidays time is not good from a family perspective, so looks like I won’t be doing that. 🙁

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Entered the Southerns.

Has there been a date change on the Southern Champs? I don’t recall it being Easter weekend. Annoying, can’t do that as we’re away already riding elsewhere that weekend.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘2017 Enduro racing season’ is closed to new replies.