Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • 2017 Enduro racing season
  • kimbers

Ill start off with a great vid from Southern Enduro

Southern Enduro '17 Season Prelude

Best in HD. Scott talks about the 2017 Southern Enduro Season. Please like/share and comment below any questions. Ladies tickets for the 2017 series go on sale on 1st December and 3rd for men, sign-on link: https://southernenduro.digitickets.co.uk/tickets

Posted by Southern Enduro on Sunday, November 20, 2016

johnny

That’s pretty much my plan for next year, right there!

I’d like to do the Southerns, QECP night enduro, maybe dabble in a minienduro at some point and maybe a welsh one?

I’d love to have a go at a continental race, such as the enduro2, but finances might not allow for that this year…

Northwind

Good vid that. But 2017 season’s still not finished, have patience!

https://www.facebook.com/MTBEVENT/photos/a.328704243848075.90309.242488429136324/1287910954594061/?type=3&theater

(Muckmedden have good taste in riders, this guy is particularily handsome and his bike looks fab…)

Not sure what I’ll be doing next year. Kinlochleven enduro if it runs again (which it bloody should, it’s awesome), couple of Scottish rounds… I’m thinking Pitfichie and Fort William and maybe Dunoon again. And anything else that looks interesting, maybe PMBA at Kirroughtree.

And the Endurance Downhill! Which isn’t really an enduro at all, but I think ought to appeal to a lot of #enduroists. Tickets are on “sale” just now, they’re looking for 80 sign-ups before committing so it’s a £0 presale. 8th July, can’t recommend this one too highly, still the best races I’ve ever done:

http://www.nofussevents.co.uk/events/endurance-downhill-2017-july-8

I’ll be plugging this every couple of weeks for the next few months, deal with it 😉 It needs to go ahead

Phil_H

Thanks for the reminder Northwind, just signed up.

kimbers

ft william is just so far!

im planning on PMBA champs at grizzy, a few southerns, the odd Tweedlove, BES Dyfi, at least a round each of WES & WGES would love to do Enduro2 or Mega but permissions are hard to come by

Northwind

Holy crap, I didn’t look at the entry list. Well I guess 80 will not be a problem!

(stalker mode- are you the Cakerider? I spent a week with Tony, Ben, Pod and Rich out in the alps a couple of years back, good guys!)

Phil_H

Afraid not. I’m a new addition to the Cakeriders 🙂

orena45

All being well…

[list][*]Full BES series[/*]
    [*]PMBA National Champs[/*]
    [*]Southern Enduro Champs[/*]
    [*]Southwest Gravity Enduro[/*]
    [/list]
    Having said that, PMBA National Champs and BES Dyfi are possibly too close together time wise for me so may not do Dyfi, which would be a big shame. May squeeze in a Mini Enduro sometime too!

Of course, this is early days, and money and family commitments may have a larger say in what I can do than what I’d like to think right now!

scottfitz
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IreKqLJ1vGY[/video]
    Here is the vid for non facebookers, Cheers for the share Kimbers

scottfitz
    Free Member

My plan as a racer is 2 day PMBA at lee quarry & Swinley endure then a mix of Mini’s, WGES and Pedalhounds that fit between the Southern Enduro Series

Rubber_Buccaneer

There is more going on nearish to me than I realised (I’m deep South, near Worthing). Anyone like to recommend a series for a 48 year old who isn’t very fast down a hill. Would I just be in the way at a Southern Enduro, is Pedalhounds more easy going? Or just do as many as I can afford and hope I pick up some competence along the way?

kimbers

Pedal hounds definitely a good place to start, but southern series has a sport category too.

northerntom
    Free Member

Now I’m in Bristol and not London anymore, I finally don’t have to travel for hours to get to races anymore which is amazing. So I’m likely to stay more local, doing some of the mini downhill races this year and early next. Then hopefully:

Full welsh enduro series
    Full mini enduro
    Select Welsh Gravity enduro
    South West Southern Enduro race

And then probably a few others in the south west, if anything interesting pops up in South Wales or the south west, especially at new or more natural venues (i.e Triscombe).

Rubber_Buccaneer

Thanks kimbers

“southern series has a sport category”

I was eyeing up the ‘Fun’ category

cakerider

Looking back at previous replies seems likesome decent events to consider across Scotland in 2017.

Also @Phil_H you are not that new to the cakeriders. Plus @Northwind the mentioned cakeriders have another alps jaunt planned for 2017.

benpinnick

That no fuss event looks great Northwind. So I’ve entered 😉

Just need to design a long travel rig in time now.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Rubber_Buccaneer – Member

Thanks kimbers

“southern series has a sport category”

I was eyeing up the ‘Fun’ category

Fun category is perfect, good introduction to enduro.

Northwind

benpinnick – Member

Just need to design a long travel rig in time now.

Just go full Wigman and race it on a rigid.

(I did it on my hemlock the first year I did it, it did grand, though probably cost me a couple of “laps”. Purely coincidentally, it snapped in half the weekend after.)

<edit- Y U NO work, quote tag?>

rhid

Just signed up to the Endurance downhill race. Missed out on the free entree by 10 places! Will do it on my DH bike though as thats what its for!

Definitely doing the Macavalanche again this year too, that was an amazing day last year! No fuss do put on some great events!

benpinnick

Theres no free entries I think – just the first 80 is buy now pay later to sort out whether its viable or not. Quite looking forward to this now 😉

benpinnick

Just go full Wigman and race it on a rigid.

That did cross my mind but Im getting too old for that soft of thing I reckon. A couple of runs down Fort Bill fair enough, but 6 odd hours? Think I will go FS!

superfli
    Free Member

My events are going to be based around when I can/lets see whats on. But I have a few dates reserved in the calendar already.

PMBA, Lee Quarry
    Southern Enduro, Okeford
    The Ex, Exmoor

Now I’ve seen the French Enduro series, rd 2 in Raon L’Etape, Vosges. As french enduro’s go, its possibly doable in a long w/e. It also doesnt open the trails until Sat, so I wouldnt miss any practise. Trails look fun and of decent length.
    Anyone raced at Raon L’Etape before and have any tips on accom?

Northwind

benpinnick – Member

Theres no free entries I think – just the first 80 is buy now pay later to sort out whether its viable or not.

That’s what I thought but it doesn’t actually say that I think? Doesn’t make any sense for it to actually be free though. I’m expecting to pay for it, put it that way, and I count it as cheap at the price (don’t tell Frazer!)

AlexSimon

An attempt to fix the broken thread.
    Nah – it’ll report the offending post to the mods

jambalaya
    Free Member

@superfli does the French series have a Facebook page ?

@scott nice video and best of luck, ’twill be on the wishlist again this year

freeridenick
    Free Member

When is The Ex ?

Tracey

This may help, came down today

http://www.tribe-events.com/

This thirteenth season PARTS Enduro Series 8.3 will run from March to July, 2017.
    It’s Levens in the Alpes Maritimes which will open the competition, then we will go to destinations already present last year’s schedule that fully filled the drivers. The classic among classics, the Tribe 10000 Val d’Allos will benefit also to celebrate its 15th edition and recover its original format.

The settlement was slightly modified in some points and we invite you to read it here
    Registration is open as of January 2, 2017 here for FFC dismissed before extending them to all in 15 days, on January 16, 2017. Note that a season package with tariff reduction for 5 races is always available.
    The challenge team by URGE Bike products launched in 2016 is renewed, you will find all the terms here

Enduro MTB Trophy AE Alltricks by category dedicated to electric ATV legal configuration (250W / 25 km / h) will be run in parallel on the first 3 dates. You will find the regulations here and entries here as of January 16, 2017

All competitions will be awarded a total Prize Money of € 13,500 (€ 1,000 for the Team Challenge, € 7,500 on the 5-sleeved, 5000 € for the final podium) and € 1,500 in prizes.
    Do not wait to sign up to be sure to have the chance to participate in this new national enduro season and especially quickly resume training for the round 1 of Levens will soon arrive!

Calendar PARTS 8.3 Enduro Series – Cup FFC France 2017:

March 11 to 12 / Levens (06) and MTB Trophy Round 1 AE
    May 20 to 21 / Raon l’Etape (88) and Round 2 Trophy ATV AE
    24 to 25 June / Val d’Allos (04) and Round 3 Trophy ATV AE
    July 15 to 16 / Samoëns (74)
    July 22 to 23 / Les Orres (05)

This 13th season of the Enduro Series presented by PARTS 8.3 will take up from March to July 2017.
    It’s in Levens, in the middle of the Alpes Maritimes department que le challenge will start. Then, we will travel to Reviews some of the destinations That already figured in the previous calendar years and That riders really enjoyed. The Classic Among the classics – the Tribe 10000 in Val d’Allos Where everything started, will celebrate 15th anniversary icts and recover the original format.
    Rules-have-been changed Slightly On Some issues and we invite you to learn about the exchange here .

Registration will begin on the 2nd of january 2017 here for the FFC members licensed And Then two weeks later on the 16th of January for every one. Please Note That a ‘season pack’ with a tariff cut for the five races will be available.
    The Urge Bike Products ‘Team Challenge’ lunched in 2016 is extended for 2017. You can learn all about it here

The Enduro E-BIKE Trophee by Alltricks – challenge to dedicated e-bikes with a legal configuration of (250W / 25 km / h) will take up at the time Sami During the first three rounds. You can learn about the rules here and register here
    The Prize Money For the entire tournament will reach 13,500 euros (1000 € for the Team Challenge, € 7,500 spread entre les 5 rounds, 5000 € for the final podium) and € 1,500 of gifts.

Do not delay your registration in order to be safe to get the opportunity to challenge this in national enduro new season and get back on your bike as soon as possible, to process hard Because The 1st round in Levens will start shortly.

PARTS 8.3 Enduro Series Calendar – FFC French Cup 2017:

March 11-12 / Levens (06) and the first round of the E-Bike Trophy
    20-21 May / Raon L’Etape (88) and the 2nd round of the E-Bike Trophy
    24-25 june / Val d’Allos (04) and the last round of the E-Bike Trophy
    15-16 july / Samoëns (74)
    22-23 july / Les Orres (05)

Click to play / Click to play video

superfli
    Free Member

Tribe events run the French enduro:
    https://m.facebook.com/tribeevents83/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

The ex will be same time as this year, which was mid Sept

Tracey

Abigale did the French one in Les Orres this year, it was a qualifier event for next years EWS. It was run very efficiently by the Tribe team

Simon

I’m kicking off 2017 with the PMBA Night & Day enduro at Grizedale. I also managed to get an entry for the ‘Ardrock in the summer.
    I’ll be making up the numbers at some of the PMBA series rounds no doubt too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Tracey/superfli thanks, page liked

orena45

National Champs entries have gone live…I’m in!

Anyone else?

BoardinBob

At the moment I’m in for

Vallelujah
    Macavalanche
    Ard Moor

On top of that I’ll do

Fort William, Laggan, Dunoon and Inners at the SES
    Highland Perthshire Enduro if it’s on
    Fair City Enduro
    Red Bull Foxhunt

I heard on Saturday that the Cream O’ The Croft festival/ race is no longer happening. Apparently someone has bought a big chunk of land at Comrie and is building a house on it so no more camping there (on that spot at least). A real shame as it was a great event last year.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

And then probably a few others in the south west, if anything interesting pops up in South Wales or the south west, especially at new or more natural venues (i.e Triscombe).

I was chatting to one of the Quantocks rangers while I was out riding a few weeks ago and he said they had been asked about an event at Triscombe but they had said no to it, I’m guessing due to all the felling work going on at the moment.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Probably more to do with that ballbag who ran the ‘national’ there earlier this year & didn’t pay them or anyone else, then went bust.

It was hard enough to race there anyway, now there is no chance.

kiksy
    Free Member

Yeah no racing at Triscombe in 2017 according to that Triscombe Riders Facebook group. 🙁

beano68
    Free Member

Ard Rock
    Datatag UK National Enduro Champs
    Boltby Bash
    and hopefully a few more PMBA races

If my body stays together !

kimbers

OK signed up for national champs at grizzy

orena45

Nice one Kimbers 😀

kimbers

cool andy see you there

not sure i can commit to any others

riding cwmcarn on saturday though plus a bit of dh at another venue down the road if u fancy it

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘2017 Enduro racing season’ is closed to new replies.