Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • 2017 Album Releases..What are you listening to?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/2EPgUxxT_6k[/video]

Another one I’ve been enjoying at home.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Most of what you lot post I think are made up student bands, or you sling a few letters into a word search engine and come up with obliterations of by gone artists from the early 60’s..

Fun though, I thought I had an eclectic taste (I have) but you lot post up some obscurity from the land of unknown.

Carry on please, some stuff you’ve posted i listen to.. some…. 😆

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you just can’t use the word obscure when it comes to music anymore. Yeah there’s Radio 1 playing gawd knows what and that’s obviously going to be the most popular music, but the Internet is just full of music you won’t hear anywhere else. It’s not obscure cos it’s out there, but you gotta go look for it (unless you’re not interested enough).
    I get emails from junodownload with new releases every week, and I’ve heard of a tiny percentage of what they list.

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Currently it’s Mount Kimbie – What Love Survives, it keeps rolling back up the playlist along with Lcd Soundsystem.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Hopefully Dr Hook live 2017.

tiim
    Free Member

This year’s releases from

Prophets of rage.
    Macklemore
    Haim
    London grammar
    Metallica
    Royal Blood
    Run the jewels

All in/still in the van (in CD format, still my preferred way to buy music)

nerd
    Free Member

Almost forgot – 22 years after Pygmalion: the new album by Slowdive is very good.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Loads of good stuff this year, much like every year.

Herva – Hyper Flux
    Pond – The Weather
    Shigeto – The New Monday
    Baltra – No Regrets
    Actress – AZD
    Cut Copy – Haiku From Zero
    D33j – Death Valley
    Dauwd – Theory Of Colours
    Beck – Colors
    Forest Swords – Compassion
    Khotin – New Tab
    Lapalux – Ruinism
    Thundercat – Drunk
    Patricia – Several Shades Of The Same Color
    Indian Wells – Where The World Ends
    Mount Kimbie – Love What Survives
    LCD Soundsystem – American Dream
    Porter Ricks – Anguilla Electrica
    Vermont – II
    Blondes – Warmth
    DJ Sports – Modern Species

+ Loads more

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Kurt Vile & Courtney Barnett’s new album is lovely.

stumpy01

Blimey – lots of new stuff for me to try here! Thanks.

I’ll try & think of some new albums I’ve been listening to.

Currently listening to Idles – Brutalism which was mentioned near the top on Page 1. Good album!

muttley109
    Free Member

I’ve just been recommended Electric Octopus – Driving under the influence of jams.

15 minutes in and its only half way through the first song. The whole album is nearly 4 hours long!

So far so good though, definitely what i need whilst lying on the sofa with manflu.

failedengineer

Algiers – The underside of Power. Wow!

colournoise

For nostalgia’s sake…

The Defiant. The Men They Couldn’t Hang.
    Weather Diaries. Ride.

And just because they’re great…

Big Machine. Eliza Carthy & The Wayward Band.
    I See You. The XX.
    Spark. Enter Shikari.

DezB
    Free Member

New release hits my list!
    Special Request – ‘Belief System’
    http://amzn.eu/iH1UmxV

CountZero

I’ll happily include Elbow’s latest, the polar opposite to Ed Sheeran and Coldplay, and 90% of Radio One’s playlist, which I do consider to be aural wallpaper, the new version of Kindling (Fickle Flame) featuring John Grant is a beautiful song.
    Anyway, so far this year I’ve been enjoying Thea Gilmore’s Counterweight, and her limited edition EP The New Tin Drum, Opeth Sorceress, Gizmodrome, Haley Bonar Golder, Judie Tzuke Peace Has Broken Out, King Crimson Radical Action To Unseat The Hold Of Monkey Mind, Arcade Fire Everything Now, Gaelynn Lee The Songs We Sing Along The Way, and All The Roads That Lead Us Home, Slowdive, Donald Fagen Sunken Condos, (not new, but new to me), Big Thief Capacity and Masterpiece, and Hurray For The Riff Raff Small Town Heroes, (again, not new, but new to me and signed by Alynda, the singer) and The Navigator, (which is the latest album), Kris Delmhorst The Wild, and finally Cara Dillon Wanderer, a signed copy of which arrived yesterday but I’ve not had a chance to listen to it yet.

verses

Been liking The Flat Worms singles/EPs, the album’s due out imminently.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Mostly stuff from 2018.

smokey_jo

Another Jason Isbell fan here and just found The White Buffalo, didn’t get on with the latest Ryan Adams on first listen might give it another go

bikebouy
    Free Member

Judie Tzuke Peace Has Broken Out

Is that.. y’no..the Judie Tzuke ?

ElShalimo

Am I the only person listening to Slowdive by Slowdive??
    Great album

vickypea
    Free Member

Can’t believe no one has mentioned these:

Ocelot Ocean – “Fried egg plant”
    Alfred Honeycomb – “The cat widdled in my shoe”
    Zinc Daffodils- “Tungsten bicycle”

vickypea
    Free Member

Yawnz- Spherical Violin is a great album, but not as good as their first one “Spotted Zebra In My Pond”

flossie
    Free Member

Are you lot making these band names up?
    Frankly I’m just looking forward to the next Coldplay album.

votchy
    Free Member

Must say, much to many’s annoyance on here, I am thoroughly enjoying Liam Gallagher – As You Were

isto
    Free Member

Mount Kimbie, Blockhead, Mogwai and LCD are ones that have already been mentioned. Also current favourites are Broken Social Scene – Hug of Thunder, King Krule – The Ooz, Dark Sky – Othona and Basstronaut – Basstronaut. Basstronaut are very easy on the ears.

[video]https://youtu.be/WVeCduFRNFk[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

The new one by Banana Kazoo is worth a listen.
    Also ‘Triple Thread’ by the Dead Teresa Mays
    ‘Fifteen’ by I Can’t Help Crumbling is nearly as good as “Twelve” and “Thirteen”
    ‘Melon Farming in the Isle of Wight’ by Complete Shambles
    Also ‘Ow my Head’ by Billy and the Absolutes

Are you lot making these band names up?
    Yes.

maxlite
    Free Member

Thundercat ‘Drunk’
    Dan Auerbach ‘Waiting on a Song’
    Peter Perrett ‘How the west was won’
    Ryuichi Sakamoto ‘async’
    Richard Thompson ‘ Acoustic Classics II’
    Kronos Quartet ‘Folk Songs’
    LCD ‘American Dream’
    Slowdive
    Jason Isbell ‘The Nashville Sound’….love this album!

Thanks for the suggestions (don’t know how I missed some of these)….Kurt Vile, Algiers, David Rawlings, Mount Kimbie, Eliza Carthy and Four Tet ‘New Energy (brilliant)

spectabilis
    Free Member

The last few purchases, which are also spinning the most are :

DezB
    Free Member

Pretty colours.

Thundercat ‘Drunk’
    I don’t get it! I saw him on Jools and burst out laughing, it was so bad. 😆

maxlite
    Free Member

‘Melon Farming in the Isle of Wight’ by Complete Shambles 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

One of the top few of the year for me Dez. I can’t believe that no-one else is down with Pond.

big_scot_nanny

What a fantstic thread, thanks all. Giving Jason Isbell, Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile, and The Afghan Whigs a whirl for the first time. Tremendous 🙂

I’m trying so hard to like LCD Soundsystem, I have tried before, and so many of you are recommending it it must be good. But, nope…

One i found in 2017 (though is a 2016 release) is Bon Iver, 22-amillion. A stunning symphony of an album, a true journey.

vickypea
    Free Member

‘Melon Farming in the Isle of Wight’ by Complete Shambles

That’s a great album 😀
    Have you got their 2015 album “Bullfrog in the light of a half moon’?

DezB
    Free Member

One of the top few of the year for me Dez. I can’t believe that no-one else is down with Pond.

Yeah, just don’t get Thundercat at all. I know it’s popular with the critics but just.. awful to me, humourously so.
    Will check out Pond. There was a grunge band back in the day called Pond, I’m guessing not them.

CountZero

Is that.. y’no..the Judie Tzuke ?

Indeed, sadly missed her recent gig in Bristol, never quite sure I’m going to be home in time to be able to get to a gig in time. Still a great singer and songwriter, her register has dropped a bit, but she’s 61 now!

ElShalimo – Member
    Am I the only person listening to Slowdive by Slowdive??
    Great album

No, I listed it, superb album, bought it from Rough Trade at Greenman, along with a bunch of other things.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

There was a grunge band back in the day called Pond, I’m guessing not them.

Different band, Aussie psych rock more recently produced by Kevin Parker

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

‘Narkopop’ by Gas has made my year and some. After 17 years I wasn’t really expecting another one to surface so what a surprise and a sublime addition to the series. As per the subsequent albums it’s truly timeless and each listen uncovers something new.

And also something entirely different (someone’s thread on STW switched me on to Elder) this has been a great follow-up to ‘Lore’. Again, more of the same. Thankfully!

DezB
    Free Member

Pond album is great. Some shades of King Gizzard in there. Slightly more poppy.

This isn’t quite an album, but I blimmin love it: Sweatson Klank – Then I Was Me

Off to check out ‘Bullfrog in the Light of a Half Moon’ as I’m a latecomer to Complete Shambles 😀

swamptin
    Free Member

I’m slacking in my album listening. Currently in the office listening to ‘Quiet Giant’ by Emma Langford on Spotify. Singer songwriter stuff, pretty mellow stuff. Hannah Peel has a new album out, ‘Mary Casio: Journey To Cassiopeia’. It’s ambient electronica stuff, I quite like Deep Space Cluster. Beck has a new album out too, Colors I believe it’s called. I must give that a proper listen, but it flowed nice on the way home from work the other day.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

This is ace, in a trippy Flying Lotus kind of way:

Mount Kimbie – Love What Survives

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘2017 Album Releases..What are you listening to?’ is closed to new replies.