Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • 2016 Stumpjumper.
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

really? i think the hatch is genius, shows where we are with carbon as well,

the less i have to carry in my jersey pockets the better

slackman99
    Free Member

Any idea if and when they are releasing the 2016 Camber (Evo)?

warns74
    Free Member

I wonder if the glovebox will fit a ginsters…?

wiggles
    Free Member

The rest of the range will be later in the year, only stumpjumpers on the early launch.

kristoff
    Free Member

Personally I think it’s a stupid gimmick.

Curtis Keene seems impressed going by this lol
    Instagram video

satchm00
    Free Member

So how long before the deals on the old 2015 bikes appear? Its not as if the 2015 was a duffer.

It’s a great bike but couple of things to watch out for. Any deals on 29er will probably go sharpish, Spesh stopped doing the XL while back so if that’s a size anybody wants if you find one nab it!

Beware with the 650b the front triangle is just the 29er with a spacer for the fork and a smaller rear triangle this in turn means it has an incredibly low BB which does occasionally mean pedal clip. Generally I don’t have any problems but on a rutted bridleway for example navigating deep tractor tracks I have struggled a little where I don’t on my hard tail!

Autosag is ace on the rear shock, so easy to setup and the tyres are best i’ve used! Loved the last six months of ownership and look forward to the dry spells ahead!

Apart from the front stem being slightly bit long everything else is spot on.

No choice in colour but hey ho…

Sundayjumper

I had a go on a 2016 Stumpy the weekend before last – my first go on a 29er of any kind. Compared to my ’09 FSR…

Suspension felt nice and plush and the tyres were a lot more grippy than my half worn Captains.
    Cockpit felt weirdly low and close when stationary but fine when moving. Bars 100mm wider than I’m used to.
    Seemed to bash through stuff more easily – not sure if that’s the wheels or the weight (four pounds more than my bike).
    Rolled slightly better on fire roads, no faster on simple climbs, more effort to get round sharp corners but that’s slightly offset by being able to roll over stuff more easily.
    Brakes were grabby, but they were brand new and only low-spec Shimano.

The week after that I dusted off my hardtail (and measured the bars – 600mm !) and surprised myself how much faster it is. A lot. Unfair to compare FS & HT I know but it’s over 11 pounds lighter and that is very very noticable. You don’t need FS around here (Swinley).

So overall I’m not rushing out to buy a new 29er. Would be nice to try the S-Works version though…

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m not usually one to criticise bikes for looking bland and corporate, but this does nothing for me at all.

And the press fit BB and custom shock mount gubbins is hardly going to bring me round.

I do applaud the twatbox idea though. That’s thinking outside the box, eh?

deviant
    Free Member

Satchm00, on the pinkbike review they said the 650b now has its own front triangle as opposed to your one that shared the 29er front end.

I like it, in aluminium that is. You don’t get the silly glove box with the Alu version so a slack-ish 150mm FS that rides well and still has a dealer network would be my choice, I’d upgrade everything else as I went.

Only caveat, Spesh seem to be converging the Stumpjumper and Enduro like Lapierre did with the Spicy and Zesty, difficult to tell them apart now IMO.

jimjam
    Free Member

deviant
    Only caveat, Spesh seem to be converging the Stumpjumper and Enduro like Lapierre did with the Spicy and Zesty, difficult to tell them apart now IMO.

Not really.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Strangely I like it. Having owned an old M5 S-Works a good few years ago I seem to have a bit of a thing for Stumpys.
    I may check one out if a local shop has one in. Not sure about wheels size, might make my mind up once I see one but heart says 29er for me ATM.

maxtorque

simondbarnes
    Finally, a bike I can keep my sarnies in

Only if you get your lunch from here:

(and you may only be able to fit a 6″ Sub is you ride a small frame size ;-( )

kevin1911

Wonder when they’ll start discounting the 2015 models then. Anyone know?

seavers
    Free Member

I spotted a new and reduced 2015 one on Pink Bike. Sold by Don-Skene-cycles based in Cardiff, they have them at £1999 down from £2500.

I had a look at their website and they have the new ones in stock too. The Elite spec looks nice but at 3.5k…ouch. Think I’d go for the 2016 comp for the change in geo. The low BB on the 2015 would get on my nerves.

Personally my finger has been hovering over a Rose Granite chief. They seem to get get good reviews and for under 1800 the spec is incredible and they have a UK rep which puts my mind at ease a bit.

kevin1911

It’s a big jump isn’t it between models. The trek remedy is the same. The remedy 8 is under 2.5 and the 9 is 3.5k

convert

That hatch is just outstanding. Unbelievable. It must be an April fool surely. What a load of absolute shite.

I mean really… words fail me [nearly]

I think you are wrong – For years I’ve been in the camp that scoffs at mtbers and their desire to ride around with unnecessary massive bags full of crap. Fine for all day adventures, but trail centre loops and 1hr after work blasts – what’s the point? My roadie routes means I’ve been happy with a bottle and either a seatpack or essentials in the back pocket of a roadie style jersey. This idea should be really popular – emergency kit in the ‘glove box’ and a bottle in the cage and say hello to non sweaty summer evening riding without the need for a roadie style jersey or an unsightly (to some) seatpack.

A nice use of of the advantages of composite layup.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

I absolutely despise carrying a camel pack, I love this idea.

STATO
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the 6fattie will take 29er wheels? Its got 27.5 x 3.0 tyres as stock and seem to have plenty clearance.

Seems like the better option if so but then why sell/design a dedicated 29er? Purely to allow a 2×11 option rather than 1×11 on the 6fattie?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I was thinking that, could be a lot of fun and better future spares.

Still way too much money though.

Wonder it its a niche on one will explore. I still think the “next big thing” should really be manufacturers pushing better mid range bikes. £2.5k is not an entry level, the old Pitch proved a sucessfull design, where’s its replacement!

slackman99
    Free Member

Evans need to pull their finger out and get some if these in stock so I can buy one!

40mpg

Wonder it its a niche on one will explore

On-One are down a designer. Check out Alpkit Bikes now, in association with a certain Mr Brant Shedfire Pact

wiggles
    Free Member

The 6fattie will need boost hubs and chainset so not exactly the same as the 29er

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wonder it its a niche on one will explore
    On-One are down a designer. Check out Alpkit Bikes now, in association with a certain Mr Brant Shedfire Pact

True, but those alpkit bikes look a bit too niche, and they’re not 150mm FS bikes.

The 6fattie will need boost hubs and chainset so not exactly the same as the 29er

maybe, presumably a 142 hub would fit with a couple of bodged shims or even official addapters for most hubs, ditto a normal chainset would probably work with the chainring in the outer position rather than middle.

It’d be like having race and every day wheels, or a choice of tyres. I usualy have summer tyres on my light wheels and winter tyres on the heavier ones. The fatty would just get my ‘swinley’ tyre choice (something all round), and the 29er would get my ‘chilterns’ tyres (slicks in summmer mud tyres in winter).

simondbarnes

Tried it out today 🙂

slowboydickie

Did anyone find out of the 650b Fattie would take a 29er wheel tyre?

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘2016 Stumpjumper.’ is closed to new replies.