Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • 2016 Stumpjumper.
  • jimjam
    Free Member

2016 Stumpjumper. Doesn’t appear to have been done yet. I think it’s slightly fussy looking compared to the previous shape, but it’s not bad looking. No evo models any more, just a standard bike with more aggressive angles.

Shorter chainstays, but shorter TT as well. Seems an odd step. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the Enduro.

warns74
    Free Member

Agree about the looks and not fussed about the tool/pump compartment thingymajig, but I do think they’ve addressed the few minor points on the previous models, i.e. why wouldn’t you go for the evo, 20mm shorter chainstays and slacker.

Great spec too, be interested to see how the prices translate but otherwise…Yes please!

STATO
    Free Member

Reach for XL is 5mm longer than 2015 Stumpy Evo, stack is still higher than everest at 663!!! 170mm headtube, i think id get vertigo.

warns74
    Free Member

HT length on the XL is 145mm same as the 2015 model? 170 is on the XXL

devash
    Free Member

Nice looking bike. I like the idea of the SWAT compartment but I can imagine that even with the cloth thing it’d probably rattle a bit.

Can someone please tell me why Specialized FSR bikes come with posts with masses of layback though? I remember Brant mentioning in a different thread where I asked the same question that straight posts were preferable for bikes with big wheels / short chainstays. 420mm chainstays with 25mm layback post; surely the weight would be too far over the rear when climbing seated?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Depends on the rest of the geo, layback posts work on FS bikes as it allows a steeper seat angle and shorter TT which helps with rear wheel clerance. On the other hand you now want a slacker SA and longer TT to allow for an inline dropper post as layback doesnt work on them as the added leverage causes them to bind (try dropping a reverb with the saddle salmmed back like a layback post.

Looks mint cacat decided if i want a 650b+, on the one hand i love my fat bike and 29er for different reasons (fun and different vs flat out fast) and this might be the nice middle, on the other it may be slower than the 29er and not as much fun as the fatty.

Won’t be able to afford it any time soon anyway!

RustySpanner

A glovebox?

Is this one of those innovations that 26 was holding them back from introducing?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nice, well balanced looking bike, that wee compartment is a neat touch too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rusty, it’s an enduro specific glove box. Obviously.

Bike looks lovely. Apart from the box, unconvinced by that. Oh, and the post, shit in comparison to a Reverb.

ads678

Loving the glove box, be a bugger when you accidentally break the door off though!!

sharkattack

Meh.

I’m waiting for the 2017 model that’s out in December.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve a 2014 Comp, so it’s good to see that they’ve not completely redesigned the bike from the ground up.

The SWAT box thingy looks like a gimmick to me and I daresay it won’t be an option on the alloy bikes. One thing that did annoy me on the 2014 bike was tyre clearance, so it’s good to see that it appears to have been addressed.

Oh, and the post, shit in comparison to a Reverb.

I own both a Reverb and a Command Post. Honestly, I really like the Command Post, it’s a doddle to maintain and set up, the settings work well and it’s not overly heavy. My Reverb on the other hand has been a complete Gove to set up, has a fragile actuator button and is slower to rebound than the Spesh item.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

sharkattack – Member
    Meh.

I’m waiting for the 2017 model that’s out in December.

Posted from my iPhone 9

😉

kimbers

does the light stay on in the glovebox when you close it?

I think its quite nifty, just need a bladder in the top tube with a retractable hose coming out the topcap*

*can I patent that before specialized release their 2017 TWATER* range

*Toptube Water Access Tube for Enduro Racers

PJM1974
    Free Member

*polite applause at this thread*

😆

M6TTF
    Free Member

i likes the look of that!

rocco

Great spec too, be interested to see how the prices translate but otherwise…Yes please!

Just had an email from Leisure lakes with the following prices:

S Works – £6500
    Expert – £4500
    Elite – £3500
    Comp carbon – £3000
    Comp alloy – £2200

Same price regardless of 650b or 29 flavours

PJM1974
    Free Member

Well, that’s cheaper than now – for the Comp at any rate.

teamslug
    Free Member

I like it. Love the tw@~’ter idea ^kimbers. You could put the bladder in the glove box and run the tube up the seat post ala stealth dropper and have the tube emerge between your legs thru the comfort channel hole in the body geo saddle….or it could used as a catheter to save stopping for a pee!!.

philwarren11
    Free Member

At least they changed to Shimano for the brakes. Now if they ditched the bullshit pressfit 30 BB id be tempted with one again even tho i snapped my 2013 EVO twice. It was that good.

STATO
    Free Member

warns74 – Member
    HT length on the XL is 145mm same as the 2015 model? 170 is on the XXL
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO #

My mistake, stack is 663mm though. Madness. At least it’s not an issue for me, £3k for crap spec. Even if I could afford it, pass.

cokie

I really like the Stumpjumper range. Prices seem good and I really like the frame storage. I hate carrying stuff and the void in a frame is wasted space anyway. Wonder how they’ve layered the carbon in the DT to ensure strength.

Rosss
    Free Member

I Really like the look of the elite but the spec doesn’t warrant the price. The bikes are up on LL Bikes now too

tpbiker
    Free Member

that elite looks like it may just be my next bike….

rhayter

The 6fatty version looks like Jo Burt has drawn it. I quite like that.

jimjam
    Free Member

I wonder if you could fit a beer bottle in the pouch thing.

roverpig

Why are they using a 46mm offset fork with a 67.5 degree head angle on the 29er? Surely 51mm would make more sense. Still, I guess they know what they are doing.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I love the look of the orange 29er and I quite like the idea of swat in general and the glove box in particular. I wouldn’t get enough in there for an all day ride but would happily use it for a short ride, which most of mine are.

A 29er would give me a reason to not sell my 26er Stumpy that is almost perfect for me.

honourablegeorge

CaptainF

lashheart – Member

Oh, and the post, shit in comparison to a Reverb.

Newer Command Posts have infinite adjustment instead of set positions.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have yet to try one of the newer Command Posts, but really didn’t like the one I tried a while ago.

The remote lever was excellent, mind you.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I like the look of that, I think someone else said it first, but it’ll be interesting to see what they do with the Enduro – it’s a bit like SC with their Bronson and their Nomad, to me anyway, I don’t really think there’s enough of a gap between them to justify two bikes? It’ll no doubt be a little slacker still, and be 160mm of even 170mm travel, but they’ll always be 6″ bikes to me – I’ve never been able to notice 10mm in travel difference.

Clobber
    Free Member

More importantly are spesh going to make 29+ tyres as well as B+ ???

jimjam
    Free Member

I don’t really think there’s enough of a gap between them to justify two bikes?

The current 650b Enduro has 165mm of travel so it’s safe to assume it’ll be 165mm at least. Definitely not enough of a difference to justify owning a Stumpjumper and an Enduro, but it’s certainly a different bike with more travel, slacker angles and beefier frame.

I’d like to see them stretch out the tt on the Enduro a bit as the current bike feels just a tad on the short side for me (in medium).

Tracey

Command post over a reverb every time for us. Running seven on our bikes including two IRs. Never had a problem with any of them until Abigales started to slowly loose air. Sent it back last week and it was returned today, repaired F O C. Everyone we know have had problems with reverbs, most of the time when they have been on holiday in the Alps.
    Cant justify more bikes so will just stick with the existing Stumpjumpers and Enduros.

nickc

A glovebox?

a secret compartment…Like the Millennium Falcon…

legend
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Rusty, it’s an enduro specific glove box. Obviously.

Noob, the Enduro will have the ENDURO specific glovebox, obvs.

#enduro

wiggles
    Free Member

Looks nice up close (elite 650b)

chrismac

So how long before the deals on the old 2015 bikes appear? Its not as if the 2015 was a duffer.

simondbarnes

Finally, a bike I can keep my sarnies in 🙂

thegeneralist
    Free Member

That hatch is just outstanding. Unbelievable. It must be an April fool surely. What a load of absolute shite.

I mean really… words fail me [nearly]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘2016 Stumpjumper.’ is closed to new replies.