Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 1,710 total)
  • 2016 Olympic Cycling (Spoilers likely!)
  • fasthaggis

What a rider,cool as.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Laura. Time for a wave 8)

theotherjonv

elimination race masterclass

chakaping
    Free Member

**** yeah!

fifeandy
    Free Member

@everyone,yes, constant channel switching is infuriating.

Trott look super strong.

Cav should be happy with his Silver, he said himself Viviani was the strongest

tenfoot

Nice ride by Trott

mrhoppy

So, touch wood, that’s team GB likely to be taking a medal in every event they qualified a team/rider for at current progress.

aracer
    Free Member

Which makes you wonder even more how we didn’t manage to qualify for the other event.

mrhoppy

Which makes you wonder even more how we didn’t manage to qualify for the other event.

Someone ought to lose their job for that …. Oh yeah.

copa
    Free Member

Gold medal performance by BBC, brilliantly ignoring the fact that Cavendish barged into a competitor, causing him to be stretchered off.

In the words of the English national anthem:

O Lord our God arise
    Scatter her enemies
    And make them fall

aracer
    Free Member

Nice to see the Cav haters are allowed to stay up late

kcr
    Free Member

Gold medal performance by BBC, brilliantly ignoring the fact that Cavendish barged into a competitor, causing him to be stretchered off.

I just watched the race on the BBC, and they must have showed the crash about half a dozen times, multiple angles, slow motion. Is that what you mean by ignored?

franksinatra

But they didn’t ignore it at all, it was spoken about throughout the commentary.

copa
    Free Member

I just watched the race on the BBC, and they must have showed the crash about half a dozen times, multiple angles, slow motion. Is that what you mean by ignored?

And have you heard a single critical word?

franksinatra

BBC channel hopping coast me about 8 laps. In going for the remote control I knocked over my glass of rioja all over the cream coloured rug. Cav racing was replaced by kitchen towel and Vanish spray, plus a healthy dose of ear chewing (not the nice type) from Mrs Sinatra

aracer
    Free Member

Critical in what way? At the time they suggested it was probably Cav’s fault, but only the haters are suggesting it was anything other than an accident. I note that he just picked up a silver medal, so presumably those officials who know a lot more about the event than all the keyboard warriors also thought that he didn’t do anything wrong enough to penalise him.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

They were very definite about saying it was Cavs fault. How much more critical do you want them to be?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lucky you are not French copa…. Try their words

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

And have you heard a single critical word?

Would you like Jill Douglas to lodge an appeal?

copa
    Free Member

They were very definite about saying it was Cavs fault. How much more critical do you want them to be?

The kind of critical analysis that would have been devoted had a Team GB athlete just been hospitalised by somebody barging into them?

igm

I’m amazed those sorts of crashes don’t happen more often in points / scratch / keirin.

Actually thinking about it, perhaps not keirin – they pretty much do in that.

aracer
    Free Member

You’ll be wanting http://www.kbs.co.kr/ copa

Some bloody stupid comments being made on this by armchair critics, who I presume have never even ridden on the track. “barging”? I note somebody else also suggested he braced for impact or leant on the other guy – which suggests you didn’t even watch the same race, where Cav’s back wheel caught the front wheel of the Korean rider.

jimw
    Free Member

It has cost him a great deal in all senses of the word, I for one am pleased for him.

From the Torygraph
    “The return had its ups and downs. Cavendish showed he was committed to Project Rio by renting a flat up in Manchester to use for when he had his track blocks.

And with no funding from GB, and with the extra rent and taxes accrued from living and working in the UK, it is no exaggeration to say that Cavendish gave up a good chunk of his own money to do this, running into the hundreds of thousands of pounds. In the end he was just unable to achieve the gold he longed for, but an Olympic silver is no small feat.”

aracer
    Free Member

I just hope he can be happy with a silver – he will at least be able to reflect after the games that Sagan doesn’t having an Olympic medal of any colour 😈

TiRed

… Yet…

aracer
    Free Member

You’re thinking he might be able to get one in Tokyo?

jimdubleyou

I just hope he can be happy with a silver – he will at least be able to reflect after the games that Sagan doesn’t having an Olympic medal of any colour

You’re thinking he might be able to get one in Tokyo?

You don’t think he’s got a chance in the XC then?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You don’t think he’s got a chance in the XC then?

Not a chance.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I agree. Can’t see Sagan getting a medal.

njee20
    Free Member

Nope, me neither.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Anyone know if th XC is on TV? And when..

Ignore, found it.
    Women:
    Saturday 20th 1630.
    Men:
    Sunday 21st at 1630.

mrhoppy

Crashes are just a part of track racing, there have been big ones in the women’s scratch, kieren and team pursuit so far as well, you’ve got lots of people in a small space. Cav was at fault but suggesting he would take down someone who was nowhere near, in terms of medal position, at that stage of the race is crazy.

badgerbater
    Free Member

Frustrating that I can’t see any BBC coverage of the games while on holiday in Greece on t’internet! No footage of Cav’s skirmish on YouTube either other than “photos” of the aftermath…

cheers_drive

I’ve been watching some bbc coverage in Denmark via Hola.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/37090453

You didn’t look very hard.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I find it hard to explain why cavendish would take that line so soon after clocking the rider when he turned around.

sockpuppet

You didn’t look very hard.

Maybe he should have looked at the bottom, where it says ‘available to uk users only’…

mikey74
    Free Member

Cav’s incident was given similar commentary treatment to the incident where Viviani nearly took out another rider in similar fashion. It was only because of the skill of the other rider a serious crash was avoided.

I am amazed crashes don’t happen more often in this event and there must have been hundreds of near incidents throughout the race, any of which could have resulted in a serious crash. To single out Cav would be unfair.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Maybe he should have looked at the bottom, where it says ‘available to uk users only’…

Apologies! – There are ways around that I believe though!

To single out Cav would be unfair.

I don’t think anyone is singling him out, It’s just that it stood out way above any of the other incidents as it was so ridiculous.

Kryton57

Do you know, I like Cav generally by I find his overnight attitude a bit distasteful. In interview he’s got all sparky, admitting to pulling back on the individual pursuit so as not to break Wiggins record and give fuel to media speculation about thier relationship; he’s happy to win a medal but disappointed with Silver, and told the press he won’t ride the next Olympics becuase he can’t be – his words – “arsed” to listen to the media baying for acceptance of Gold only.

The British camp has behaved very well until now, then we get whiney little snot bag from Cav which puts a shadow on things.

Sounds to me that despite the denial he actually does have a chip on his shoulder abut the whole thing, which in some respects I can’t blame him for I s’pose.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 1,710 total)

The topic ‘2016 Olympic Cycling (Spoilers likely!)’ is closed to new replies.