• This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2016 Lyriks – quick setup question
  • julians
    Free Member

Question for those who have recently moved to a 2016 lyrik from a pike.

Did you set it up as per the pike to get it in the right ballpark, or is it all substantially different ? air pressure looks like it should be the same as the pike, but what about number of tokens, compression and rebound settings.

Given its the same damper (is it really identical?) I was planning on setting it up the same as the pike (ie same number of clicks of compression and rebound) just to get me to a setup thats 90% right,but just wondering what the collectives experiences have been.

Scamper
    Free Member

How do the pikes compare in terms of ‘stiffness’?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m running more air pressure in mine than I did the Pikes, with 2 volume spacers.

It can take more and still feel more supple.

Comp & rebound I have no idea, I run what I feel is about right. Usually, around half way through.

julians
    Free Member

Anyone Else?

is it valid to use your previous pike settings to get to a decent starting point for a set of the 2016 lyriks?

maxtorque

no idea, i’m still at the “change the stickers till the colour perfectly matches my new frame” stage……….. 😆

julians
    Free Member

Just resurrecting this thread for an update.

I went out on the new Lyriks for the first time last night, I used all the same settings that I used on my pike,(same air, same compression and rebound damping), all was pretty much in the right ballpark, but I ended up slowing the rebound damping down by 2 clicks.

These new lyriks feel pretty good, I wasnt expecting them to be significantly better than the pikes given that they look so similar, and have the same damper, but they are noticably better, Much better at tracking the ground, everything generally feels smoother, hard to describe but when going fairly quickly down a loose rocky trail the bumps feel rounded rather than sharp.

I’m quite impressed.

LoCo
    Free Member

What wheelsize, travel are they and how much do you weigh?

julians
    Free Member

650b, 170mm travel,and 87kg. Why?

LoCo
    Free Member

Because you’re asking about setup, without that info any setting suggestions are kind of meaningless.

For that fork configuration
    I’d suggest 2 tokens, 4 clicks of low speed from full off (RCT3 damper), 25% sag and rebound to taste, as a base/starting point setting, if anyone else was wondering.

Setup guide here

HTH 🙂

julians
    Free Member

Thats pretty close to what I have them set to:-

3 clicks of compression from fully open
    3 clicks of rebound fromnfully closed
    2 tokens
    30% sag

LoCo
    Free Member

😀

The rebound shim stack is also quite tunable & RC damper compression shim stacks can be improved on considerably come service time, if you find them a bit lacking/too much after a while.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2016 Lyriks – quick setup question’ is closed to new replies.