Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2016 Diverge DSW frame swap – wide clearance road bike – ish
  • dsb181
    Free Member

Hi all!
    Long time since I’ve posted on here but need to consult the oracle once more….
    My Diverge frame is now pretty hammered and I want to keep the components mostly and swap the frame out….

My issue is all I can find suitable are more adventure/gravel frames which are super slack and wheelbases longer than something really long.
    Essentially an able and relatively light/quick road bike, but with wide clearance – not adventure/gravel, more endurance road bike kinda.
    Will be used for quickish group rides, light touring, some gravel/offroad.

Can anybody help me!

Must be;
    – Similar if not slightly more aggressive than the Diverge geo.
    – Clearance for 35c tyres
    – Alu or carbon, not super exotic or $$$
    – Rack and mudguard mounts
    – 160mm front flat mount, 140mm rear flat mount
    – not f*&%^(& 1x

Thanks!

dsb181
    Free Member

Anybody….

Ideally threaded BB too!

cyclistm
    Free Member

Dunno, have you had a look at the offerings from Planet X?

mtbtortoise
    Free Member

I’ve just swapped my Diverge DSW parts onto a Pickenflick frame. Loved the Diverge but hated BB30. Not noticed any difference going to QR at front. More comfortable but possibly slightly heavier. Could try the Hurricane if ok with 30mm tyres, Tempest if want to go wider.

scaredypants

Sounds quite a lot like a cross bike to me – geometry varies (some are quite high BBs, for example) but some are pretty much what you describe

cynic-al
    Free Member

What’s up with the Diverge?

neila

I have a Focus Paralane which sounds like it fits your description. I have a carbon one for which the frames are a bit spendy, however; there is an aluminium one in medium on eBay for about £500. Another option is a Genesis Datum, Swinnertons have a frameset for around £700. My wife has one with tiagra and it’s been excellent. The Planet X Tempest is also a great choice.

dsb181
    Free Member

Thanks all for the response, really appreciate any guidance on this….

My Diverge frame is pretty hammered now, the BB30 has always had the clicking issue, the lower headset bearing in stuck in the frame and one of the threads for the rack is kinda stripped – the bike has served me well – my longest audaxing, bike packing tours along with winter chaingangs etc ect.

I’m not really interested in titanium frames due to additional weight, alu or carbon preferable.

I’ve spotted the Paralane frame but it’s 1x, do you know if it’ll take a front mech, I’ve emailed the seller but yes, it looks to be an ideal swap for the diverge and what I’m looking for – we’ll see, reach 12mm shorter, stack 8mm lower and wheelbase 15mm shorter than my 56 diverge, unsure what the impact of those numbers would be on feel/speed.

I really like the look of the Datum but unsure if it’ll take a pannier rack?

neila

My Paralane is a 2×11 so that shouldn’t be an issue. I’m just looking at my wife’s Datum, there are mudguard mounts but no rack mounts on her model (2018 I think). No rack mounts on the Paralane either. You could use a Tailfin, they’re excellent but spendy too.

neila

You could probably fit rack and mudguards to the same mount on the Datum with appropriate spacers and longer bolts. Just seen there’s one in the classifieds, Black, Med (56) Ultegra Hydro (it’s not mine!)

happybiker
    Free Member

You could probably fit rack and mudguards to the same mount on the Datum with appropriate spacers and longer bolts. Just seen there’s one in the classifieds, Black, Med (56) Ultegra Hydro (it’s not mine!)

Sounds like just what you’re after… Does it have to take a rack? Will soft luggage not do the job?
    I can confirm that the one in the classifieds currently has full guards fitted and works well with a seat bag… as it’s mine. 😬

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2016 Diverge DSW frame swap – wide clearance road bike – ish’ is closed to new replies.